For Love

A Second Chance At Love

As the sun set, Yuri woke up beside Siwon and turned her body to face him. The memories of the sudden twist of events in that day were still fresh in her mind. Yuri initially was heartbroken when Siwon did not respond to her kiss. She was prepared to go home and cry her heart out at his indirect rejection. But he shocked her by kissing her and the later events of the day made her blush.

Siwon slowly opened his eyes and came eye to eye to the beauty next to him. It felt surreal for him as well to land the goddess of his dreams. Truth be told, he was a little shocked at her forwardness and making love to her today was out of his wildest imaginations.

“Did you have a good rest?” He asked, before caressing her face with his hand.

“Yes I did, how about you? You must be more tired than me.”

Siwon chuckled and replied.

“It’s tiring to please a goddess like you.”

Yuri playfully stuck out her tongue at him and got out of bed.

“Where are you going? Wait for me!”

He caught up with her as she headed to retrieve her clothing. After they both got dressed, they headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner together. They made pasta, which was the easiest thing they could prepare with the limited ingredients Siwon had in his home. Yuri set the cutleries as Siwon poured some red wine out into glasses. The new couple toasted each other and started to enjoy their first meal together.

Siwon spoke in a solemn tone.

“Yuri, give me a month or two and I will make you mine.”

Yuri was curious to know how he was going to do that but decided to keep her curiosity to herself and trust him a hundred percent.

“In this time, I will most likely be unable to make much contact with you. But I will reappear when the time is right and make you Mrs Choi.”

He held on to her hand as Yuri blushed and averted his loving gaze.

“Who says I am going to marry you?”

Siwon pouted and let go of her hand. He looked at his food and continued eating. Yuri sensed his disappointment and tried to lighten up the atmosphere.

“But of course, I won’t pass up on a great man like you.”

“What do you like about me?” He asked curiously.

Yuri pretended to think really hard before replying.

“I like how you make me feel loved and wanted. You’re so understanding and caring. You look hot and you’re good in bed.”

Siwon laughed heartily at her last line as he reached up and pinched her nose lightly.

“Thank you, my dear Yuri.”

“What do you like about me, Siwon?”

He cheekily replied, “I’ll let you know when we meet again.”

Yuri grunted cutely in response which tickled Siwon.

-------------------------------

Yuri returned home and immediately retreated to the bedroom she shares with Sungmin. When she opened the door, he was already dressed in his pajamas and reading a magazine in bed.

“Yuri, Mum asked me why you had not come back for dinner today. I lied that you were at a gathering with your old colleagues,” Sungmin said in a business-like tone.

Yuri took off her jewelry and sat on the bed beside Sungmin. She sighed.

“Sungmin, we have always been so honest with each other and we are almost like friends. I just want to tell you that I have found a man I love who loves me very much too. I’m sorry if I have to leave you soon.”

Sungmin looked at her with concern in his eyes. He was a little taken aback by her honest confession with him but he was touched that at least she bothered to tell him about it.

“You deserve a good man, Yuri. I’m sorry I have been a neglectful husband for the past year.”

“I’m sorry, Sungmin. I’m going to disappoint your parents so much as well. They have been good to me and Yoona.”

Sungmin pat her on the shoulder.

“But your lifelong happiness is more important. As long as you can find a good solution to the problem, I am sure my parents will let you go. They can easily find another woman to keep up the sham marriage with me. But maybe, they do not need to do that was as well.”

Yuri gave him a hug. This was the most intimate contact they ever had since their marriage.

“Thank you.”

-------------------------------

Siwon stood outside the gigantic golden gate and looked into the mansion situated inside the compound. Two big black dogs came rushing towards him and barked ferociously. This attracted the attention of the caretaker of the house who rushed towards the gate.

“Young master, it’s you!”

-------------------------------

Siwon stepped in through the giant oak door for the first time in eight years. This was his home but he had been away for so long, it suddenly felt quite foreign to him.

“Old Master, Madam. Look who is here!” The caretaker exclaimed as she rushed up the staircase.

Within a few moments, an old man with a crop of white hair and an old lady with grey hair were standing at the top of the staircase looking down at Siwon.

“Siwon!”

The lady shouted as she rushed towards him and gave him a big, firm hug. The old man grunted, mumbled a few words to himself and walked towards him as well.

“Mum, Dad.” Siwon called out as he looked guiltily at them.

His mother had tears rolling down her cheeks as she placed her hand on her son’s firm shoulder. It had been so many years since she last saw him and he was now so much more mature and grown-up.

His father cleared his throat and spoke coldly.

“I thought you were never coming home.”

Eight years ago, Siwon had just graduated from high school and was about to embark on his education at college. He father wanted him to pursue business management so that he could take over his business one day. But Siwon had other plans. He had aspired to be a psychiatrist from a young age and knew that was his goal in life. He had a big fight with his father over his future career and Siwon left the house in rage, swearing that he will accomplish himself one day before walking in through this door.

“Dad, I’m sorry. I have failed as your son.”

“I had high hopes on you. As the eldest son of mine, I wanted you to take over my corporation but you refused. I had a good plan for you, son, but you choose to take the difficult path by working your way through college and studying what you like. I know you have made a name for yourself in your field of practice but you could have achieved so much more if you stayed with me.”

Siwon wanted to protest as he thought otherwise. But he had made up his mind that upon his return, he will take everything his father say in his stride and just remember his purpose for coming home.

“Dad, I’m sorry. I want to help you.”

His father was astonished as his sudden change in attitude. Just a year ago, he had phoned Siwon and asked him to come back to the company but Siwon had flatly rejected him. But nonetheless, he was pleased.

“I’m glad you are willing to. Minho has been a great help but he is definitely not as bright as you. Sulli would rather pursue fashion design than take over my hotels.”

Unknown to them, Minho was standing behind a wall and overheard everything. He balled his fist up and stared angrily at Siwon. Minho was younger by two years (A/N: Same age as Yuri) but he had always been second fiddle to Siwon from young. The parents definitely love Siwon more than they love him. Sulli, on the other hand, was also given special attention because she was the only daughter. She was the precious pearl of the Chois.

Siwon hugged his father and could feel the old man soften up.

“Thank you for giving me a second chance, Dad. I will do my best and not let all your years of hard work go to waste.”

His father nodded and replied, “That is my good son. You will start work on Monday. I will teach you all the operations in the company and within a month or so, I will make the announcement to hand over the title of CEO to you.”

Siwon could feel that his father was really happy. But in his heart, he was disappointed that he would have to give up on his passion and run the business from now onwards. However, he thought of the promise he made to Yuri and knew he had to persevere. It was a win-win situation for his father and Yuri. He would only be the one who sacrifice, but his ultimate prize would be his goddess.