New Beginnings

A Second Chance At Love

I lost two of my chapters due to the server crash :( I have retyped them out now. There could be slight changes in the style of writing but the plot is essentially the same. Sorry about that.

---------------------------------

Their first stop was New York City. Their plane touched down on John F. Kennedy International Airport and they were headed for the hotel in a taxi.

“It feels so good to be back in America!”

Tiffany exclaimed as she took a look out of the taxi window. Tiffany has not been back in her birth country for about two years. Even though she was Korean at heart, she could not deny her American roots as she behaved more like an American and even dressed like one.

Siwon replied in a less enthusiastic voice.

“I’ve been to America a couple of times. It’s my first time in New York though.”

“Oppa, New York is a really nice city. Where do you want me to show you around first? We have a day before we start work.”

Siwon thought of Yuri and a small smile unknowingly formed on his face.

“I’ll like to do some shopping.”

Tiffany eyed him with a suspicious face.

“Oppa, you’re a unique male specimen to be so enthusiastic about shopping.”

He shrugged his shoulders and let out a chuckle.

-----------------------------------

Tiffany brought him to a busy street with many different shops and brand names. Siwon walked past Victoria’s Secret and smirked.

“Oppa, do you want to go inside?”

Tiffany asked in a teasing manner.

Siwon nodded and walked inside. He picked up a chiffon and lace babydoll which was not as revealing as some designs were but suited his taste. It was still classy despite being quite y. A lady will feel empowered by her uality in it and not feel like a .

Tiffany gasped.

“Oppa, why are you buying that?”

He looked at her and contemplated whether to tell her about Yuri. He did not exactly know her very well yet and was not sure if Yuri would like Tiffany to know about their relationship. It was still a rather sensitive stage for Yuri as she had yet to formally get a divorce.

“I think someone will look good in this. I’m getting it as a gift for her.”

Siwon replied in a cheeky tone as he winked at Tiffany and proceeded to pay for it. Tiffany remained in the same spot as some color appeared on her cheeks. Siwon had always been a ladies man and for a moment, he had forgotten that he was no longer single.

---------------------------------------

Yuri now had all the freedom and time in the world since she was no longer obliged to be with her high society friends or stay at home to serve her mother-in-law. She decided to visit Yoona at the hospital.

Yuri gently touched Yoona’s head and smiled warmly at her.

“Hi Yoona, it’s me. Do you remember the guy I brought to visit you two months ago? What do you think of him? He’s a really sweet guy who loves me a lot and takes good care of me. He’s really good looking right? Does he resemble the prince charming that I always dream of from young?”

Yuri flashed her diamond ring at Yoona and smiled blissfully.

“He asked me to marry him. I’m going to get married for the second time but this time with a man I’m really keen to spend the rest of my life with. You always told me how beautiful I would look in a wedding gown. I really wish you can wake up in time for our wedding. You will be my bridesmaid and be as beautiful as me. Stop sleeping, Yoona.”

As Yuri tried to contain her tears from falling, she bent down and kissed Yoona on the forehead. At the same moment, Yuri did not notice that Yoona’s finger was twitching.

------------------------------------

Just as Yuri was walking out of the hospital, she felt someone tap her on the shoulder and called her name gently.

“Yuri!”

Yuri turned around in shock and her eyes met with Minho’s.

“Hi Minho,” said Yuri as she looked into his sparkling, big eyes. He looked quite happy to see her.

Minho flashed a charming smile, which looked quite similar to Siwon’s.

“What are you doing here, Yuri?”

He asked in a curious tone.

Yuri smiled bitterly.

“I am here to visit my sister; she’s been staying here for the past year.”

Minho nodded. He was curious to find out more but he decided it was best that he seemed less intrusive. She seemed like a rather defensive person and he did not want to scare her from being his friend.

“How have you been? I heard about your separation from Sungmin…”

Minho trailed off and realized that he should not have brought this unhappy issue up. He was afraid that she will be upset at him. But in his heart, he was secretly happy that she was single again and maybe he could have a chance with her. Instead Yuri smiled and shrugged.

“I’ve been doing fine. Don’t worry about me.”

Minho was taken aback at her attitude towards this topic. He had expected her to be depressed, especially since a broken marriage is a big blow to most women. Instead, Yuri seems rather light hearted today and even smiled at him when he brought it up. He noticed a sparkling diamond ring on her finger. It was so big and sparkly; it would be hard to not catch anyone’s eye. He thought it was odd why she was wearing a new diamond ring, especially on her fourth finger.

“That’s a pretty ring.”

Minho said as he looked at it curiously. Yuri’s lips formed a small curve. She contemplated whether to tell him about her relationship with Siwon but decided it was best to let Siwon break the news to his family. She was a little afraid how his family will react to him marrying their business partner’s ex-wife. It was going to be a challenge.

“What brought you here today?”

Yuri asked as an attempt to divert his attention from the ring and to change the topic.

“I come here every Saturday to spend some time with the sick children. I recently picked up balloon sculpturing and I have been entertaining them with that,” said Minho as Yuri looked at him with admiration. It was rare to find such a kind hearted young man.

“Can I join you?”

She asked in an upbeat tone.

Minho nodded with a delighted smile. He was glad to know that his idol was a kind hearted person. Just then Yuri’s phone rang and she signaled to him that she will walk aside to take the call.

“Miss me yet, baby?”

A loud and y voice came from the other side of the line. It was the voice that makes Yuri’s heart flutter almost every time.  

“Yes, I miss you a lot. How are you settling down there?”

“I’m staying at a really comfortable hotel with a nice view of the city. I wish you were here, Yuri.”

“I wish I could be with you too.”

“I bought you a present by the way. I think it suits you really well and you will like it. But maybe I’ll like it more than you do.”

Yuri raised her eyebrows and smirked.

“Shouldn’t you be getting me something that I like more instead?”

“Well it will make me happy. A happy Siwon can make Yuri a happier woman.”

Yuri rolled her eyes in a playful manner as Siwon chuckled.

“It’s late, you better get some rest. I love you, Choi Siwon.”

“I love you too, Kwon Yuri.”

“Good night, Siwon.”

As Yuri put down the phone, she felt a hand grip on her shoulder. She turned around and came face to face with a solemn Minho.

“Siwon, you don’t mean my brother right? It’s just a coincidence?”

Yuri looked at him and bit her lip. Minho has been so nice and open with her, it would be horrible of her to lie and keep the truth from him.

“Yes, I’m with your brother.”

Minho snarled as he punched his fist into a nearby pillar. Blood dripped from the wounds that formed on his knuckles. Yuri was taken aback and gasped.

“All my life, I have been losing to my brother. He was always more intelligent, more handsome, fitter, more popular and more loved that I was. Now that I am an adult, I lose the woman I love to him. I really hate Siwon at times but I know he loves me so much. I’m such a pathetic person.”

Yuri was still in shock but quickly pieced together what was going on.

She placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it firmly.

“I’m sorry, Minho. I’m sorry for hurting you unknowingly. But you are not a pathetic person in my eyes. You are a kind, friendly man I am glad to be friends with. It is rare that a young grown man like you will sacrifice his weekend to be with sick children. You bring joy to their lives, you are inspirational to me.”

Minho looked at her as his gaze softened. He pulled her into an embrace.

“Thank you, Yuri.”

Even though Minho would really love to be with Yuri, he knew he was a little too late and the only thing he could do now was to give her his blessings.