Merry-Go-Round

A Second Chance At Love

After Yuri fixed her makeup, she sat in Siwon’s car and he set off for an unknown destination. Yuri was a little anxious, considering that she has not known him for that long. But at the same time, it was exhilarating to see her handsome doctor have a surprise for her up his sleeves.

“Where are you taking me to?”

Siwon looked at her and flashed a reassuring smile.

“I’m not going to spoil the surprise but I assure you that you will be happy there.”

-------------------------------

“You got to be kidding me right?”

Yuri asked in a doubtful tone as a small smirk crept on her face. She was standing at the entrance of Lotte World, one of the happiest places in Seoul where children and adults alike let their hair down and have fun. But Yuri felt that she is a little too old for this and besides, she hasn’t been to one of these places since she was young. She almost forgot what it was like to be innocent again. Her expression became solemn.

Siwon grinned at her with a comical expression as he dragged her to the ticket counter.

“You’re my patient today so you’ll listen to me.”

She glanced at him and chuckled when she saw the look on his face. He was like a little boy, bright-eyed and full of joy. Yuri wished she could smile like that again.

-------------------------------

Being in a public area alone with a man was a rather shameful thing to do in her mother-in-law’s definition. As the wife of a high-status businessman, she was not supposed to do anything of this sort. But Yuri could not say no to Siwon, seeing how excited he looked to spend the day playing with her. She had a feeling she was going to enjoy herself today but she had to take some precautions.  She tied her long flowing hair into a messy bun and put on a pair of large-frame shades. Siwon looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

“Just to be safe, I’m the target of the tabloids sometimes.”

He understood what she meant and nodded.

“So, Mdm Kwon, what would you like to ride on first?”

“Call me Yuri, Mdm sounds terribly old. I’m only 24.”

Yuri’s eyes scanned around the amusement park. Her eyes lit up as she looked at the colorful balloons placed around the theme park, the cheerful smiles on children’s’ faces and the large assortment of rides all available for her. She hasn’t been here for so long that the place looked so different. She remembered those days in her childhood when her family will make a short trip to Seoul during Chuseok and she will visit Lotte World with her sister. They would sit on the carousel together and imagined they could one day ride on it with their prince charming.  

Siwon had also not been to Lotte World for a very long time. He grew up in Seoul and every year during his birthday, he will beg his father to bring the whole family to play here. As the oldest child in the family, he will be the bravest and challenge his siblings to sit on that terrifying roller coaster or Viking ship with him. His little brother will whimper in fear as they boarded the rides and be in tears when they alighted.

But those were the memories of the past, for the both of them. Things will never be the same again.

They returned back to reality when a child bumped into them.

“Sorry!”

Yuri bended down and pat the child on the head.

“Are you alright, little man?”

The child gave her a big smile and nodded before running away back to the arms of his loving father.

Siwon and Yuri smiled at each other.  Yuri was a troubled soul but today, she decided she will try to forget her burdens and just have fun like she was a child again. Siwon was glad to see Yuri smile quite a bit today and knew his plan was working.

“I want to ride on the roller coaster. I have never been on it,” said Yuri as she eyed the magnificent mechanical giant at the side of the theme park.

“That’s my favorite ride,” he replied.

-------------------------------

As the safety bars came down on them, Yuri started to feel a little nervous. The ride was a really fast one with a gigantic loop and several heart-dropping plunges. Siwon looked at her with his ever-so charming eyes as a reassurance.

“It’s going to be ok, Yuri. Just scream your frustrations away.”

The ride started and Yuri was already screaming. She liked the feeling of being able to scream all her sadness, anger and uncertainty away. She forgot she was on the roller coaster in that moment and all her unhappy memories flashed through her mind as she closed her eyes.

The roller coaster came to a halt and Yuri opened her eyes. Surprisingly, she felt a lot less burdened than before.

“Are you feeling better?”

Yuri replied in a chirpy voice.

“I have never been better!”

-------------------------------

“I want to ride on the carousel,” said Yuri as she stood beside it and admire the gorgeous carvings and paintings on it.

They got in line, which was surprisingly long for a non-thrilling ride. Finally they got on the ride. There was only one horse left.

“I guess I’ll wait for the next one,” said Siwon sheepishly as he thought it was odd to be of so close proximity to her, much as he secretly desired to.

Yuri grabbed onto his hand.

“No, you can ride with me.”

Yuri had her childhood wish fulfilled as the ride started with Siwon sitting behind her and his strong hands around her waist. Siwon felt a little bit embarrassed to be having such skin contact with her. He yelled at himself inside his head to not have any lustful thoughts about her and just focus on the horse. Yuri was secretly happy that she got to ride on the carousel with a charming guy who resembled the prince she would wish for from young. But she reminded herself to not be too absorbed in this as her fantasy ended when the ride stopped. She had to remember she was a married woman.

‘If only you were here with me.’

The dreamy moment for both of them came to a halt as the ride stopped. Siwon quickly jumped off the horse and wiped some sweat away from his forehead. Yuri got off the horse and grinned at him with a blissful expression. Siwon felt his heart doing flip flops.

-------------------------------

After a long day trying out different rides and a nice meal at Lotteria, Siwon sent Yuri back home in his car.

“Yuri, I hope you had a good day.”

“Thanks for spending the day with me, Siwon. I hope you won’t be collecting a day’s worth of patient fees from me.”

They laughed at her joke together and looked at each other.

“I think this treatment of mine is rather effective. You smiled and laughed a lot today, which is a significantly big improvement from the last time we met. But for the next session, we’ll be back to the clinic and we’ll have a nice chat. I care about you as your doctor and I want to see you get better.”

Yuri looked at him disappointedly. She was upset to know that he had spent the day with her in the capacity of her doctor. It was all her wishful thinking that they were friends.

“Just drop me off here; I’ll take a taxi home.”

Siwon stepped on the brakes as Yuri opened the car door and stomped out.

“What did I say or do wrongly?”

Siwon asked himself as he cursed himself mentally. He had yet to find the chance to tell her that he liked being with her. But he knew he had cross the limits of his feelings to a patient. She was something more to him. He knew she was married but he could not control himself from having those secret desires for her. It stemmed from lust on their first meeting but after spending the day with her today, he sincerely wanted to know her more. For the sake of maintaining purity in their relationship, he swore to himself he would not have any ual thoughts about her for now. At least until he was sure she was not in a committed marriage.

Yuri went home and stomped on the lilies in her room. But as she regained her composure, she realized she could have acted a little too rashly. Yuri sighed and wished she could control her emotions better. She went to sleep next to her husband again but thought of her prince charming, Siwon.

-------------------------------

I am sorry if there are any errors in this chapter, I will proof read it when I am free!

Thanks for all the subscribers. I am grateful for all your support. The story isn't really interesting yet but trust me, there will be a few es happening later.

For those who are sensitive to mature content, rest assured there won't be much. There will be a couple of chapters here and there but you can skip them if you wish :)