Lucky

A Second Chance At Love

Yuri rushed towards the lift and pressed the down button.

“Yuri, wait for me. I can explain.”

Siwon said as he held onto her shoulder and caught his breath. Everything was happening so fast. First Tiffany told him some shocking news, confessed her interest in him, gave him a kiss and the next moment Yuri turned up at his doorstep.

Yuri turned around and glared at him. She put her arms across her chest and rolled her eyes.

“I wanted to give you a surprise, but I thank you for giving me a better one.”

Siwon placed his hand on her head and her hair.

“Yuri, it’s not what you think. You know how much I love you. Please have faith in me.”

Yuri softened up and sighed.

“I guess you can come to my room and we’ll talk. You look awkward standing out here in a bathrobe.”

----------------------------------------

“Speak.”

Yuri sat on the side of the bed with an emotionless face and looked at Siwon. He placed his arm around her shoulder and sat down beside her.

“Yuri, I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about Tiffany earlier. She’s my childhood friend, the daughter of my father’s business partner and now we are working on a project together. It’s her birthday today and she didn’t want to be alone in her room so she came over and we had a drink. I have no special feelings for her and I treat her like a younger sister.”

“Then why does she claim to be your fiancée?”

Siwon cursed under his breath and held Yuri’s hand. He touched the diamond ring on her finger.

“You’re my fiancée, the only one I want to marry. I just found out that my father wants me to marry her. This is so ridiculous. I will make this clear to him when I’m back in Seoul.”

Yuri his chin and replied, “I’m sorry, Siwon. I should have more faith in you.”

“You can make it up to me now,” he said in a cheeky tone as he pulled her in for a kiss. Their tongues entwined as they let themselves be lost in the moment. They finally broke apart and smiled blissfully.

“Thanks for coming all the way here to be with me. I missed you so badly.”

Yuri grinned.

“Siwon, do you like children?”

Siwon raised his eyebrows in a quirky manner.

“Yes, I do. I’ll like to have a child with you. If we have a son, he will be as handsome and intelligent as me. If we have a daughter, she will be a sweet and beautiful girl like her mother. “

Yuri placed her hands on his cheeks and looked him into the eyes with a lovely smile on her face.

“Siwon, You’re going to be a father.”

Siwon gasped as his eye shot open widely. He looked at Yuri’s tummy and then back at her.

“I’m two months pregnant.”

Siwon was lost for words at that moment and touched her tummy. Yuri was really scared on how he was going to react to the news.

“Do you want the baby?”

Yuri asked in a nervous, shaky voice.

Siwon looked at her with a confused face and then kissed her on the cheek.

“Of course I do. I’m just really pleasantly surprised. Let’s get married once you sign the divorce papers with Sungmin.”

Yuri heaved a sigh of relief and looked at him intently.

“I know we haven’t been together for a long time. Thank you for always being there by my side.”

Yuri looked at her tummy and chuckled.

“I wonder how fat and ugly I am going to be when my tummy starts swelling up.”

“No matter what, you’re always the most beautiful lady in my eyes.”

----------------------------------------

“Wake up, you sleepy head!”

Siwon was awakened by Yuri’s sweet voice. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and rolled over her small body frame. Yuri started to squirm below him as he leaned in to kiss her.

“You have bad breath in the morning,” said Yuri as she turned away from Siwon and pouted.

Siwon laughed.

“That’s too bad for you. You’re going to wake up next to me every day for the rest of your life and I’ll kiss you to make your breath stink like mine.”

“You’re so gross!”

Yuri exclaimed as she pushed him aside and walked to the bathroom for a shower. Siwon watched her walk away from him and smiled to himself. Life was so good to him at this moment. He had Yuri, whom he was so in love with and a baby about to be born into this world soon. Siwon loves kids and even though the baby came faster than he had planned for it, he was nonetheless exhilarated to be a father for the first time. He was glad to be reunited with his family as well and hoped that his father will be proud of his first major achievement. He would sign the papers today to seal the deal and that was why he needed Minho to come along. Once the papers were signed, the Choi Hotel Corporation will have a long-standing business agreement with Tiffany’s company.

Yuri came out of the bathroom and watched as Siwon lay dreamily on the bed with his hands behind his head.

“What are you thinking about?”

Yuri asked curiously as she sat on the bed.

“I was just thinking how my life is going so well.”

Just then his cellphone on the bedside table rang. Siwon reached for it and saw that the caller was Minho.

“Good Morning, Minho. I hope you had a good sleep last night.”

“Hyung, we’re in trouble. Tiffany just made a phone call to Appa and told him the deal is over. Appa told her to talk through it carefully so she’s on a flight to Korea now. We have to go back as soon as we can. Appa is furious; he wants to know what happened. Tiffany’s Dad is going to Korea as well. What’s going on, Hyung? Why is there such a big problem just when we were about to close the deal?”

Minho sounded anxious and Siwon knew how big this deal was to their company. After all the effort they have put in and the other side negotiations they have made to support this project, the Choi Hotel Corporation will be in huge financial trouble if the deal falls through.

“Book two tickets for me on the earliest flight, I’ll head over to the airport now. I’ll meet you there.”

Siwon hung up the phone and gave out a big sigh.

“What’s wrong, dear?”

Yuri asked in a cautious tone as she his temple. He looked so troubled and confused but Yuri knows she probably cannot be of big help to him. The only thing she can do is to stay by his side.

 “Tiffany is calling the deal off; we have to go back to Korea now. I’ll go back to my room and pack my luggage now. Meet me in the lobby in thirty minutes.”

As he got out of bed, he held Yuri’s waist and looked at her apologetically.

“I’m sorry we can’t tour America as you had wished to. I’ll make it up to you some other time.”

“Don’t be silly, Siwon. Your work is more important. I’ll see you in the lobby soon.”

------------------------------------------

Siwon held on to Yuri’s hand as they walked into the departure area. Their luggage was already sent straight to the airplane from the hotel. Yuri loves how Siwon’s manly hand covered hers and gave her a sense of security. This was the first time he had held her hand in public, proud to show the world that they were together. She was so glad the days of hiding their relationship was over. But they were in America where nobody knew them. She wondered if Siwon would do the same even if they are back in Korea.

“Hyung!”

Yuri’s eyes met with Minho’s who quickly avoided her line of vision. He focused his attention on Siwon, who smiled at Minho.

“Minho, this is Yuri. She’s my fiancée,” said Siwon as he tightened his grip on Yuri’s hand.

To Yuri’s surprise, Minho acted like he did not know her.

“It’s nice to meet you, Yuri. I’m Siwon’s younger brother.”

He offered his hand out to her. Yuri hesitated for a moment and then shook his hand. Yuri could see that even though Minho wore a smile on his face, it was a forced one. He must have been really sad to see his brother be with the girl he likes. Yuri felt so sorry at that moment. She likes Minho because he’s a good guy and she really did not want to hurt him.

“Our flight is taking off in two hours, we can check in now,” said Minho as he tried to break the awkward silence among them.

Siwon nodded and turned to Yuri.

“Yuri, let’s go take a look at the souvenirs after that. Maybe we can get something for Yoona.”

Yuri smiled faintly and nodded.

“Mnho, we’ll see you on the plane. Thanks for settling everything for me.”

Siwon placed his hand on Minho’s shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

---------------------------------

I'll like to ask for some suggestions. Would you want the story to 

a) end when Yulwon gets married and the baby is born?

b) continue until the child is grown up? I could possibly make it into a sequel (or just continue on this one) and introduce new supporting characters. Of course there will be more trouble for Yulwon but I promise a happy ending for them, lol.

Please let me know in the comments :) Thanks