Dilemma

A Second Chance At Love

“Yoona, I’m home!”

Yuri called out as she opened Siwon’s apartment door with Siwon trailing behind her dragging her luggage. Yoona came out from the guestroom where she had been staying in and gasped when she saw Yuri and Siwon.

“Unnie, how come you are back from America so soon?”

Yuri looked at Siwon with a little disappointment in her eyes.

“He needs to come back to settle a business deal.”

Yoona took a good look at Siwon, who smiled politely at the younger girl.

“You must be my future-brother-in-law,” said Yoona with a smirk on her face.

“Hi, you must be Yoona. I’m Choi Siwon.”

Yoona looked at Yuri and leaned in to whisper into her ear.

“Unnie, he’s so handsome and seems like a nice guy.”

Yoona and Yuri looked at each other and giggled like little girls.

Siwon raised his eyebrows and tried to make sense of what is happening.

“Is there something going on that I should know of?”

Yoona pointed her finger at him and wiped the smile off her face. She looked at him with a solemn expression.

“Mr Choi Siwon, I expect that you treat my sister like a princess for the rest of her life. You must take good care of her, keep her healthy and make her happy. You must be a responsible father to my nephew or niece. If you ever break my Unnie’s heart, I will make sure you suffer.”

Siwon laughed and wrapped his arms around Yuri’s shoulder.

“Yoona, I promise you that your sister and her baby are in good hands.”

“That’s good to hear,” replied Yoona as she nodded and skipped back to her room.

Yuri smiled blissfully at Siwon as kissed her on the forehead.

“Don’t mind Yoona, she tends to be a little protective of me. We take good care of each other since our parents passed away.”

 “Yoona’s a really interesting girl, just like you. Anyway, I need to go back to the office now to settle the mess with Tiffany. Can I leave you alone just for a few hours, my dear princess Yuri?”

Yuri tightened and straightened the tie under his suit.

“Everything will turn out fine, I hope. Our baby and I will be here waiting for you and cheering you on. Siwon Appa, fighting!”

Yuri said in a cute voice as she did the fighting action at Siwon which made Siwon chuckle. No matter how ugly things are going to get later, Siwon knows that at least he has a house to come back to with Yuri waiting for him.

----------------------------------------

Siwon hesitantly opened his office door. His father, who looked angry yet confused, was sitting behind his desk and glared at Siwon. Tiffany’s father, who was sitting there facing Siwon’s father, turned around and shot Siwon the same nasty look.

“Appa, Mr Hwang.”

Siwon bowed down to them.

“Siwon, I will like you to explan to Mr Hwang what exactly went on between you and Tiffany. She called me while in tears and told me the deal between the Choi Hotel Corporation and Hwang Development Group is over. I thought you two were getting along fine and were about to sign the deal with the local authorities?”

Siwon bowed down towards Mr Hwang.

“Mr Hwang, please accept my sincere apologies. I am afraid I cannot adhere to my father and your wishes that Tiffany and I be married.”

Mr Hwang got up from his seat and was controlling himself from getting aggressive towards Siwon.

“Siwon, my daughter is so devoted to you from young. She had so many suitors but she turned them all down because she only wanted to marry you. Do you know why my company is willing to collaborate with Choi Hotel Corporation? It’s because I think we are going to be in-laws. There are many other companies around the world whom are more profitable for us to work with but we chose yours. You should know that the Choi Hotel Corporation hasn’t been doing well of late. You need this partnership with us to survive!”

Mr Choi shook his head at Siwon.

“Son, you should know what is best for us.”

Siwon looked at his father and spoke with conviction.

“Appa, all my life you have been trying to control me. I know I made the right choice to walk out of the door when I was 18. I can’t believe that you still want to dictate my life even though I am a grown man. I am sorry but I will not let you decide my lifetime happiness.”

Mr Choi grew even more livid.

“Do you want to see all my hard work and your grandfather’s go to waste just like that? You do know the company will collapse if the deal with the Hwangs falls through.”

Siwon knew he was faced with the greatest dilemma in his life as of yet. On one hand, he could not bear to see his family’s success and reputation go down the drain overnight because of his selfishness. But on the other hand, he knew that saving the company means giving up his freedom to love. He could only make a choice between his family and love.

Just at this moment, there was a knock on the door.

Mr Choi shouted, “Don’t disturb us; we are having an important meeting.”

However the door swung open and Minho was standing there with a flustered look on his face.

“Appa, Mr Hwang, Hyung. The company’s door is surrounded by reporters demanding to speak to Hyung.”

Mr Choi laughed.

“Why has he become an instant sensation? Have the reporters caught wind of what an unfilial son he is?”

Minho held up a magazine in his hand.

“The reporters know about Hyung’s affair with Kwon Yuri.”

Mr Choi rushed forward and grabbed the magazine out of Minho’s hands. He looked at the cover story which had photographs of Siwon and Yuri together. There were photographs of them together in Lotte World, with his arms around her as they rode on the carousel. There were also photographs of them together in the hotel room while in Los Angeles and holding hands in the airport. The title wrote “Married Ex Film Star Kwon Yuri’s Steamy Two Months Affair with Number 1 Bachelor in Korea Choi Siwon”.

‘Kwon Yuri, the wife of our business partner, Lee Sungmin?”

Mr Choi asked in disbelief as he turned his attention to Siwon’s face which was filled with shock.  Siwon nodded and grabbed the magazine out of his father’s hands. He flipped open the pages and was shock at the amount of photographs the magazine had taken. They were obviously being stalked by professional paparazzi.

Mr Choi hit Siwon hard on the head and he winced in pain.

“Why did you have to get involved with her of all people? You are such a shame to our family. How are we going to face the Lees and the public? How are you going to answer to Mr Hwang here and Tiffany?”

Mr Hwang shook his head and laughed resentfully.

“I am glad I have not married my daughter to you. Mr Choi, I am sorry but the deal is officially over. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and I am sorry to see the Choi Hotel Corporation go down the drain like that.”

Mr Hwang walked out of the room as Mr Choi held onto his heart and collapsed on the floor.

“Appa!”

-

Siwon, Minho, Sulli and their mother waited outside the emergency room as the doctors operated on Mr Choi. He had suffered a severe heart attack and needed to have emergency surgery. Mrs Choi was in tears as Sulli hugged her with red, puffy eyes as well. Minho stood quietly next to Siwon as they were both deep in thought. Even though they were worried about their father, they were also thinking of Yuri. She must be hurt by this scandal too. Siwon was puzzled as to how someone would know of their affair. It was highly impossible that the Lees were behind this as this incident will shame their family as well. Lee Sungmin will be known as a  to the whole of Korea. Siwon was still holding the magazine in his hand and looked at the publishing company.

“Minho, do you know who is the boss of ‘The Eyeglass’ Tabloid Magazine?”

Siwon asked Minho, who snapped out of his daze.

“Park Jungsu, also known as Leeteuk.” 

-------------------------------------

Thank you for all the comments, I will go with (b) :)