Four Sides

A Second Chance At Love

Yuri’s head was spinning as she made her way out of the hotel and went to take in some fresh air. She was shocked to learn that Siwon’s background was not as simple as she imagined and in fact, they were somehow connected even before they had met each other. Now she was starting to feel a little nervous about talking to Siwon again. She went to the garden which was well lit and looked so relaxing to be in. She took off her high heels which were making her feet ache and sat on a wooden bench. Just at that moment, her cellphone rang.

“Hello,” she answered in a monotonous voice.

“Yuri, this is Sungmin. I just want to let you know that I have booked two rooms for us tonight. Your room is 3104, you can pick up the key at the front desk. I hope you’ll have a great night, Yuri.”

Yuri replied.

“Thanks Sungmin, have a great night and I’ll see you back home.”

The line cut off and Yuri sighed as she put her cellphone back to her purse. It was going to be a lonely night. She smirked at the thought that Sungmin probably wanted to use this opportunity to have some quality time with Ryeowook. They make a good couple, she thought.

“I thought I heard someone talking here.”

Yuri jumped up in fright and put her hand to her chest when she spotted a male figure walking towards her. He looked at her with curious eyes as he looked at her from top to toe.

“Are you a guest at the ballroom?”

He asked as he casually sat next to her on the bench. Yuri was still quite startled by this strange man’s appearance but she noticed that he resembled Siwon.

“Yes I am, but I don’t feel too well so I’m here to take a rest.”

The man nodded and introduced himself.

“I’m Choi Minho.”

Yuri offered her hand out and he gladly shook it.

“I’m Kwon Yuri. Are you related to Choi Siwon?”

Minho laughed deeply which sounded very much like Siwon’s laughter.

“Yes, he’s my elder brother. I guess I really resemble him a lot?”

Yuri nodded and kept her eyes on him as she observed his mannerism. They were so much alike, just that Minho still had a boyish air to him while Siwon exuded a more manly confidence.

“If I’m not mistaken, you are the wife of Lee Sungmin?”

“Yes, indeed.”

Minho sighed.

“It’s such a pity a talented and beautiful lady like you got married so early and stopped acting.”

Yuri’s eyes sparkled as she replied in a more enthusiastic voice.

“Have you watched my films?”

“Yes I have. You were one of my favorite actresses until you retired. You could count me as one of your fan boys. I had your photograph hidden in my wallet at some point of time!”

Minho stopped himself from gushing over her and his cheeks reddened when he realized that he had just revealed an embarrassing secret to his idol.

“Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me. I wish I could continue to act and make more enjoyable films for my fans like you.”

“Then why did you quit acting and married at the peak of your career?”

Yuri bit her lips as she did not know how to tell him without revealing too much personal information. Just as she was thinking of a valid excuse, her cellphone rang and the voice that she had missed came from the other end.

“My dear Yuri, I hope you’re not angry with me for not contacting you for a month. I’ll like to meet you tonight. I booked a room tonight; do come to room 2908 if you can. I’m already there.”

“I’ll see you there now.”

She put down the phone and looked apologetically at Minho.

“I’m sorry Minho, I have to go somewhere now. It was nice talking to you, and maybe we can have a chat again soon.”

‘Minho, we’ll definitely be seeing each other a lot from now on.’

“Goodbye Yuri!”

“Goodbye Minho!”

-----------------------------

Yuri stood nervously outside room 2908 after knocking on the door gently. Within a few short moments, the door opened and Siwon was standing there. She scanned the corridor to make sure that no one saw her before she entered his room. The moment she stepped in, he shut the door and held her tightly in his embrace. Yuri could not stop herself from holding him back as well. She missed the feeling of being in his arms.

“Yuri, I’m so sorry for leaving you all alone by yourself. I know I should have called you at least but I was afraid I’ll get distracted from my work and just want to be with you.”

He caressed her face as she smiled angelically at him.

“It’s alright, Siwon. I understand.”

He pulled her in and kissed her softly on the lips. They sat down on the couch with his arms around her waist.

“You look so beautiful tonight, Yuri.”

“You look really handsome, like a prince. But you really gave me a fright when you started speaking on stage.”

“I wanted to give you a surprise,” he said in a cheeky tone which made Yuri stick out her tongue at him.

He chuckled.

“I like it when you do that. You’re so dorky.”

Yuri rested her head on his shoulder.

“I was worried that you might not want me anymore since you have such a bright future ahead of you and can get any girl you want.”

Siwon looked her in the eye and looked a bit hurt.

“Yuri, have faith in me. You’re all I need and want even if I have all the riches in this world. I won’t even be interested in my family’s business if not because I need the money to help you with the debt and Yoona.”

“I’m sorry, Siwon. I have problems trusting people and I don’t actually know you for a very long time. But I can feel you are true to me and that is why I choose to be with you.”

Her hand cupped his face and she kissed his cheek. He relaxed a little and smiled at her reassuringly.

“I really don’t like to run a company but I’ll do it for your sake. Even though I may be unhappy at work, but I will come back to you and my day will be better.”

“Thanks Siwon, I really don’t know how I can repay you.”

Siwon ran his hands through her hair and whispered into her ear.

“You can be Mrs Choi.”

Yuri pouted and replied, “I hope that’s not a proposal because I’m expecting a better one from Mr Choi.”

Siwon laughed heartily.

“I know it won’t be so easy to get a perfect bride like you, but I’ll keep trying. You’ll be swept off your feet by charming Choi Siwon like this the next time!”

Siwon carried her into his arms as she started to squirm. He placed her gently on the bed and hovered over her. He stared at her long eyelashes down to her luscious lips, which seemed so inviting. He leaned down and kissed her passionately. Yuri kissed him back with equal passion as her arms wrapped around his neck. Just as they broke apart and panted for air, Siwon’s cellphone started to ring.

“What a great time to start ringing,” he complained.

Yuri looked at him and raised her eyebrows.

“You better take the call, it might be urgent.”

He got off the bed and answered the phone.

“Hello.”

It was Sulli.

“Oppa, Appa says you need to come back to the ballroom as many guests would like to meet you.”

“Alright, I’ll be down in a moment.”

Yuri sat up from the bed with her dress straps dangling at her shoulders. She pulled one down to reveal a little more of her bosom.

“Such a pity,” she teased.

Siwon cursed at the situation and was so frustrated to let their intimate moment be disrupted.

“You’re such a bad girl, Yuri. I’ll be back soon. Stay here and wait for me?”

Yuri shook her head.

“I think it’s unsafe for me to be here in case someone finds out. I’ll be in room 3104, just come by when you’re ready. I’ll be waiting.”

She leaned in close to him with their noses touching and exited the room.

-----------------------------

Siwon entered the ballroom again and spotted Sulli waving to him from the crowd. He walked towards her and saw his father engaged in a conversation with a young lady around his age.

“Siwon, where have you been? How can you be missing when you are the most important person tonight?”

“I’m sorry Appa, I had something important to do.”

‘Yup, I was making out with my girlfriend in bed when you decided to interrupt.’

 “Do you remember who she is?”

His father gestured to the young lady who looked at him with smiling eyes.

“You fool; she’s your childhood best friend, the only daughter of my closest business partner, Hwang Miyoung!”

Siwon recollected his childhood memories and suddenly remembered who she was.

“You’re the fat girl who steals my chocolate!”

She laughed and covered her face in embarrassment.

“Yes, I was a greedy little girl. Call me Tiffany; it’s the name I added since I moved to America.”

-----------------------------

Minho and Tiffany to break up Yulwon? :)