"Can I sleep here, Jinki-hyung?"

Fate. Destiny. Whatever. They're the same thing.

Onew's POV

Something weird is going on. I mean, ever since Jonghyun and Sekyung's date a week ago, everyone's been awkward with each other. Like something happened that changed everything, except I wasn't there to see it.

Taemin and Minho were suddenly not talking as much anymore, sitting on the opposite sides of the dining table every time we eat. Taemin doesn't even sleep in Minho's room anymore. It's very weird.

Key suddenly became more polite and reserved. It's so unlike Key. His usual bubbly personality was replaced with silence and indifference. Jonghyun would stare at random things, stop talking to anyone unless it was needed and keep checking on his phone for texts from Sekyung.

Why are they acting like this? I don't get it at all.

"Taemin!" I yelped to break the silence while eating dinner. "Pass the Miso?"

"Okay..." he said, his expression unreadable. I noticed him glancing quickly at Minho then back to his food.

Then, complete silence.

"Hey, guys," I started. They all looked at me. "Let's go on a vacation."

"I doubt that they'll give us even a day off." Minho said, frowning.

"I could talk to manager-hyung." I said as I went to my room to call him.

"Good luck with that," Key whispered sarcastically.

When I got to my room I dialled the number. "Yeoboseyo?"

 

3rd Person's POV

Onew didn't come back for a long time.

It was very awkward. No one talked, ate or even looked at each other. Even worse, Taemin didn't drink his milk.

Key spoke up for the first time this week. "Taemin. How was your day?"

"It was alright. Me and Minho went to Star Golden Bell to promote Lucifer." Taemin's eyes suddenly went bright. "You should've seen me, Umma! They were laughing at everything I said!"

"That's so great!" Key said, laughing.

"How was yours, Key?" Jonghyun blurted out suddenly. Key looked at him, expressionless.

"I had a wonderful day. Sitting on the couch, watching fail sitcoms on TV. Yeah, wonderful."

"Oh." Jonghyun muttered. They all went silent again.

"KAMSAHAMNIDA!!!" Onew yelled from the bedroom. Everyone jumped.

"Tomorrow, we're going to the beach for a week!" Onew yelled, rushing into the room.

They were going on a vacation. 

 

Onew's POV

After everyone was done eating (which was hard to tell since no one touched their food), I made Taemin and Minho do the dishes while I got ready to sleep. When I walked to my room, to my surprise, I found Key sitting on my bed.

"Oy! What are you doing here?" I said. He looked up at me with that same expressionless face he wears all the time.

"C-Could I sleep here, Jinki-hyung?" he asked sheepishly. I blinked.

"Why?"

"I-I... I don't know." 

I looked at him for a long time, wondering what was going through his mind. "Okay." I said. "Wash up and get dressed for bed."

While Key was in my bathroom (I don't know why he wasn't using the bathroom in his and Jonghyun's room), I started changing the sheets and pillow cases with new ones, afraid he might think that I don't take baths before bed. He came out of the bathroom, ready for bed.

I laid down on my side of the bed and grinned at him. "Let's go to sleep."

He just laid down, not saying anything, his back faced to me. I sat up to look at him, and I saw his eyes, red and puffy from crying his mouth shaking and his hands trembling.

"Key! What's wrong?" I said, rubbing his back. He started crying even more, his sobs soundless. 

I've never seen Key like this. So weak, so... vulnerable.

"It's okay, it's okay. Onew's here." I said soothingly, hugging him while laying down.

After a few minutes, I felt Key's labored breathing turn into smooth breaths, and I realized he was already asleep. 

"Sweet dreams, Kibum." I whispered as I kissed him on the cheek.

The door closed on its own and a few minutes later, I fell asleep myself.

 

Jonghyun's POV

Where the heck is Key? It's time to sleep but he's not in our room. I decided to look for him.

I looked everywhere. In Minho's room, in the kitchen, in the living room, outside my window and in the bathroom. I couldn't find him anywhere. After several minutes of searching, I found him where I'd least expected.

In Onew's room, crying. In Onew's arms, crying. On Onew's bed, crying.

My heart felt heavy, like it was bruised or stabbed. Or both.

I have noticed since last week that Key didn't talk to me, or anyone, anymore. When he suddenly spoke to Taemin earlier, I wanted to take the chance to start a real conversation with him. It's all been mhms and yeahs lately. I was his bestfriend, wasn't I? Isn't he supposed to be crying to me? Isn't he supposed to be on our bed? Isn't he supposed to be in my arms?

I closed the door.

That's it. My life is over.

 

Taemin's POV

I walked to the room that I and Jinki-hyung share when I saw Key-umma on our bed. I decided to not disturb them since they were probably talking about what grown ups talk about. Since I was so sleepy, I went to Minho's room.

"Hello?" I said as I knocked on his door lightly. He opened the door.

"Hey. What is it?" he asked.

"Uh, can I sleep here tonight?" I said. His face turned from serious to overjoyed in that moment.

"Sure." Minho said giddily. I walked over to his bed a laid down. I wondered why his bed was only fit for one, then I realized. He likes sleeping alone.

"I'm going to brush my teeth, then I'm going to bed." Minho said from the bathroom.

"Okay," I said. "I'll be waiting." Oh my god. Why did I just say that.

I closed my eyes, and after a few minutes, I heard the light switch being flicked and Minho's side of the bed collapse. He scooted closer to me so that his body was just next to mine, only centimeters apart. We were facing each other. I couldn't fall asleep, since his scent was so arousing.

A loud thunderclap boomed. God, I hate thunder.

I jumped a little and opened my eyes. Minho was looking at me with an amused face.

"Are you scared, Taemin?" he said. I nodded. He wrapped his arms around my waist, my face in his muscular chest.

"Okay, do what I do when I get scared, Taemin." he whispered.

"You get scared?" I asked. It was impossible to imagine Minho, a tough and manly soccer player, to be scared.

"Yeah, of course I do." he said, chuckling. "I get scared of a lot of things."

"Like what?"

"I get scared of dying. I get scared of loosing. And most of all..." he looked at me with sincere eyes. "I'm scared of loosing things that are important to me. Like you, Taeminnie."

My heart stopped and my cheeks burned.

Thunder boomed from outside. There was a long silence. Then, snores.

"... Hyung?"

Minho had fallen asleep.

I chuckled faintly and nuzzled into his chest. Me being here with him was enough to chase away all the fear in the world.

 

..............

A/N: Thoughts?