I-I love you too.

Fate. Destiny. Whatever. They're the same thing.

 

Onew's POV

"What were you and Minho doing last night?" I asked, curious.

Then for a second, I Minho choked on his toast, Jonghyun cleared his throat and Taemin shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Shifted away from Minho, or so it seems.

"N-Nothing hyung!" Minho quickly said. We all turned to stare at him, surprised that he even replied to my question.

"Really?" I said. "Didn't you get bored?"

"W-We did continue the movie we were watching before you fell asleep." Taemin spluttered. 

I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion. "Oh?"

"Yeah, nothing to worry~ Nothing happened." Taemin said defensively.

Was there something wrong? Wasn't this vacation supposed to be for fun?

Just to keep the spirits high, I decided to brush it off.

"So, does anyone want to go out today?"

 

Minho's POV

This was good. We would be going out today, and in groups. Onew, Jonghyun and Sekyung would be going to the mall and next, the local museum, and Taemin, Key and I would be going to the carnival, then we would all meet at the fireworks display tonight.

"You ready to go, Minho?" Key called. Taemin was waiting inside our van, and I knew I had to sit beside him during our trip. 

"I am." I said as I carried two bags over my shoulder; one for me, filled with water bottles, extra shirts and face towels and Taemin's (which he forgot to bring and I decided to pack for him instead), filled with his pocket money, snacks and an extra shirt.

I sat down beside Taemin, our sides brushing and I felt a tingle in my spine. He wasn't looking at me, but at least he wasn't ignoring me. Wait, aren't those the same things?

"To the carnival!" Key declared from the front seat and Taemin bounced happily in his seat. It was one of his very cute actions that made my heart melt.

I looked out the window. The view was so nice, since we were riding just on the road by the seashore. It was so beautiful. The sun was almost at it's peak, and the waves were calmly crashing against the rocks by the shore.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder.

"Hyung?" Taemin asked softly.

"Yeah?"

"Did you bring my snacks?" he asked, pouting.

"I-I did." I said as I tried to hide my blush, and reached for the soft backpack in the back seat. 

"Here you go~" I said as I handed him a box of Pocky. He stared at the box, then back at me. 

"Minho." he whispered.

"Yeah, Taemin?"

"Uhm," he began. "Do you want to share with me?"

"M-Mwoo?" I said. "Really?"

"Yeah, unless... you don't want to. That's completely fine!"

"Oh no, I-I want to!"

"O-Okay..."

Awkward silence. Again.

"Say aaaah~" Taemin said suddenly. I jumped slightly in my seat as I saw him holding out a stick of Pocky into my face.

"Aaaah~" I opened my mouth and he put the pocky in. I started to bite and chew. "Taemin-ah, this stick is too long."

"Ah, let me help you with that." he broke the pocky in half, touching my lips in the process. The pocky was broken, but his fingers still lingered on my lips. He didn't look at me, but instead at the floor.

"Thanks, Taemin-ah." I said, smiling, chocolate in my teeth. He giggled.

"Minho! That's gross!" he said as he shoved the other half of the stick into his mouth. He chewed, grinning at me. He stuck his tongue out at me. "Mehrong!"

"Mehrong~" I stuck my tongue out too, and we both started laughing.

"We're here!" Key sang from the front seat. "Oooh!"

"Wooooow!" Taemin cried, his eyes sparkling. He made my eyes sparkle too. "Let's go hyung!"

He grabbed my hand, and dragged me out of the van.

It's amazing how children forget these petty misunderstandings so quickly.

This was going to be a fun time, I thought with a smile.

 

Taemin's POV

"AAAAAH! So tired~" I sighed as I sat down on the bench in the middle of the carnival. We had eaten a lot of food, rode roller coasters of different shapes and sizes (which proved to be illogical after eating a lot of food) and rode in go-carts. 

"Taeminnie, you're sweating." Minho said. He wiped the sweat on my neck with his towel and put it back into his bag. 

"Did you bring my extra shirt, hyung?" I asked, and he nodded, bringing out a white cotton shirt. I grabbed it.

"Change with me hyung~" I said.

"Key will come looking for us." he said.

"We won't take long."

"Why do you need me to come with you?" 

Okay, I had no answer to that question. Why did I need, no, want Minho to come with me? I knew that he had feelings for me, and I knew that I should be upset, but I'm not. Instead, I'm trying to forget that confession and just start over. This must be hard for Minho, and I'm being selfish, but I can't risk to let go of the beautiful friendship I have with Minho. We've been together for a long time, ever since we were trainees. We are very close until now, so it's understandable for me to be protective over our friendship.

I've never been sure about Minho and I. Our little acts of seduction indicate out closeness as hyung and dongsaeng, but I keep on thinking if it somehow indicates another, entirely different meaning; Intimacy. Care. Love. I shook it off.

"Just come with me~" I said pouting. He stood up and put his hands on his hips.

"Okay." he murmured. "Let's hurry, before Key gets back."

..................

"So Taemin," Minho said in the cubicle next to mine while we were changing our clothes. "Did you uhm, think about, y-you know..."

"W-What you said last night?" I mumbled.

"Y-Yeah...?"

"I did." I said as I got out of the cubicle. Minho followed me right after.

"Uhm..." Minho said awkwardly as he ruffled his short, black hair. "So, what do you think?"

"About what?"

"What I said."

"Oh."

"........."

I grabbed his hand without saying a word. He didn't say anything either, and I bought tickets to the ferris wheel.

"Hyung~" I sang as we were heading for the top of  the wheel. 

"Yeah?" he said nervously.

"We're on top of the ferris wheel, right?"

"Yeah."

"It makes my stomach churn a little bit, and I become a bit unsure, but in the end it's worth it, 'cause I still feel like I'm on top of the world, and nothing else matters." I paused to look at Minho. "That's how you make me feel, Minho."

He gulped, then began to speak. "So, what does that mean?"

"I feel weak all the time Minho. Not just physically, but emotionally. I don't handle stress and emotional grief well, so I try to play it off by being playful. I always feel like I'm going to fall, so I try not to show my weaknesses."

He nodded thoughtfully at me. I continued.

"But in the end, I realized just now, even after 6+ years of friendship, that I don't need to keep on standing. It's okay for me to fall. You know why?"

"Why?"

"'Cause you're always there to catch me."

"D-Does that mean..."

"Yes, hyung. I-I love you too."

 

...............

 

A/N: SORRY FOR THE ISHLY LONG CHAPTER! ;A; Thoughts?