Flowers... for me?

Fate. Destiny. Whatever. They're the same thing.

Taemin's POV

"Guess we're all alone, hyung," I said to Minho, who was fixing dinner for us in the kitchen. Jonghyun was out with Sekyung, Key was running errands and Onew went to KBS to film a new show.

"Yeah," Minho called. A clatter of utensils and pans suddenly boomed from the kitchen. The beeper on the oven suddenly went crazy, and I smelled burnt food coming from the kitchen.

"Need help hyung?" I said. 

Minho walked out to the living room and sat beside me on the couch. He was covered in cornstarch and his sleeves were wet. 

"I give up," he said, hunching his back like the weight of the world was on his shoulders. "I'm having food delivered."

We stared intently at the TV show we were watching for a few minutes then he took my hand and put it on his lap. I shivered a little at his touch.

"Do you know what the lines on your hands mean?" He asked thoughtfully, tracing the intricate lines on my palm.

"What do they mean?"

"Each and everyone of these lines represent a path you will take in life." he said, looking at me seriously. "Every path leads to another until you reach the end of the road."

"Which is when?" I asked, trembling slightly as he caressed my fingers.

"When you're dead." he said, chuckling when he saw my surprised expression. "Just remember, whenever it's time for you to choose a path, make sure you choose it with no regrets."

He grinned at me with that heartmelting crooked smile of his. He leaned closer to me and my cheek with his long fingers. "Follow your heart. Always."

My heart just died inside of me.

........

DING DONG~ DING DONG~ DING DONG!

"A-Ah, food here." I said, stumbling my way towards the door. I saw Minho smile when I had my back turned.

"Hey." the delivery guy said. "Spicy beef ramen, cabbage soup and pork dumplings. That'll be 55,000 won."

"O-Okay..." I said a little shakily as I handed him a bundle of money. "Thanks."

"No, thank you." he said, grinning as he walked away.

Minho's body drew closer to mine at that moment, his front pressed against my back. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"That smells good." he whispered into my ear. "Mmm."

My body stiffened. "Y-Yeah, it does."

"Why are you stuttering, Taeminnie?" He asked seductively.

"Wh-What? I'm not stuttering!"

"You like me, don't you?" 

"No, I don't."

"Okay." he said, dismissively, kissing my cheek. 

I felt lightheaded.

 

Jonghyun's POV

"Jonghyun-ah~" Sekyung said. "Anybody there?"

"Oh yeah, sorry." I muttered. Even though I was here in the best restaurant in Seoul with best girl in Seoul, something felt wrong. Like an important part of my body was missing. Then I realized, it was my heart.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sekyung whispered. "Do you want to go home?"

"No, no. I'm feeling fine." I said. "I'm just, uh, a bit distracted. And besides, the food's here."

I saw something move in the corner of my and I saw a slightly confused Key, looking around for something. Or someone.

Key.

"Key?!" I stood up, hitting the waiter by accident, causing the soup he was holding to spill all over Sekyung's dress. "Oh !"

"Oh my god!" Sekyung cried. I rushed to her side and started wiping all the soup of her clothes.

"I'm sorry, Sekyung-ah!" I cried.

"It's okay." she said. "I'm going to the bathroom to clean off." And with that, she walked away.

I stood up to see if Key was still there. He was, and he seem to have found the person he was looking for with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. I ran outside to meet him, then I noticed the bouquet of blue roses behind Key's back. It was our special rose. My heart skipped a beat. "K-Kibum?..."

"Dino, you idiot! You forgot the flowers!"

"F-For me...?"

"No! For SEKYUNG!"

"I FORGOT!" I hit my forehead with my palm, then Kibum handed me the bouquet. "I can use them as an apology too."

"Uh, Jjong?" Key whispered.

"What is it?"

"The shop owner told me to tell you something. I don't believe what that old woman said, but who could? She was dressed like a frickin witch and I think it was nonsense. It's totally--"

"What is it, Kibum?"

"Give those flowers only to the person who truly holds your heart." he said dismissively.

"Wha-"

"Bye, Jjong!" He called after me as he ran away.

"K-key, wait!" I yelled after him. He didn't hear me.

I felt the sudden urge to give the flowers to Key. 

And the heart that was missing earlier was found.

 

 

........

A/N: Thoughts? :D