Chapter 9: Red

See You When I See You

Y/N POV

"Woah! This place looks good!", the masked girl suddenly sat down.

I took her to the little hill since it's the only place that I have discovered to be a secret hideout. I looked at her when she unexpectedly took off her hood and her mask. It was... Park Jihyo! Yes! It's her! Her big eyes were shining while she's staring at the moon.

"Do you know me?", she asked as she lied down on the surface.

I was left speechless as I discovered that it was my bias whom I saved. My mouth was left hanging as I stared at her for God knows how long I did. Words cannot escape my mouth.

"Hey! Talk. You have a wide mouth and yet you're mute.", she chuckled.

"P-park J-jihyo..." I stuttered.

 

Momo's POV

We are now panicking since Jihyo appeared on the TV that the fans were running to catch her. Her face was so pale and it made us worry more when we realized that she was lost for an hour. The managers cannot reach her phone indicating that it was turned off. Her battery cannot be dead since she's always taking two power banks with her. They are planning to cooperate with the policemen if ever Jihyo won't answer in another hour.

"I should have went together with her.", Nayeon cried making the maknaes worry more.

"Calm down Nayeon! Jihyo is a wise person. I know she has escaped through this.", Jeongyeon scold her for blaming herself for the whole hour.

A beeping sound was heard on our manager's phone making us circle around him. He answered the phone and set it on loudspeaker for us to hear.

"Annyeong Manager-nim! I'm safe. Don't worry! It's just, I got caught up running to look for a place to hide that I forgot to contact you and the signal keeps on losing.", we heard Jihyo's voice making us sigh in relief.

"Tell us where you are Jihyo.", manager-nim asked.

"Let's just meet outside the dormitory of Hiroshima's Medical Academy."

"Wait! Why are you there?", Sana grabbed the phone from our manager.

"I'll explain it later.", then she stopped the call.

"Ohhh! I guess someone saved her! What if she's dating with her savior now?", Sana chuckled returning the phone to our manager.

"What dating are you talking about?", manager-nim glared towards Sana.

"You misheard it Manager-nim! Sana said she wants to date Dahyun!", Tzuyu covered Sana's mouth making manager-nim roll his eyes and went outside.

"Eww! Never in your wildest dream!", Dahyun rolled her eyes also.

"Don't ever roll your eyes to me! It's not visible with your mono eyelid Dubu!", Sana complained as we all laughed together.

 

 

Y/N POV

After relaxing for a moment on the top of the hill, Jihyo told me that we have to go back since her members are going to meet her at my dormitory. I asked her a favor not to tell about this place since it is Ai-san's hideout too and I want to keep this.

"Hey. I forgot to ask your name." Jihyo spoke out while we are walking.

"Oh. Just call me Keito.", I answered.

"How do you know me by the way?"

"Umm.. I'm a fan.", I blushed as I confessed to her.

"Thank you." she smiled at me. "You know? It's hard to be an idol."

"Uhh.. I know. Just like what happened awhile ago."

"Not only that. The job is pressure, there are always haters who will ruin anyone they want, there are mad sasaengs, and you cannot even date freely.", she frowned. "Sometimes, the company would choose for your date in order to gain attention from the people."

We already arrived inside my room. I made a coffee for her since I don't drink tea. I noticed her looking around my room.

"That's odd. You don't have baby pictures or any pictures of you?", she questioned me.

"It's more odd if I bring a photo of me when I can just go back to my house every vacation.", I lied to her. "And it's more odd that you are searching for my photos, Jihyo-unnie."

"Hey! I'm not! I just noticed that your room is sort of lacking.", she sipped her coffee. "How about we put decorations here next time?"

So, there's still a next time? It means she wants to see me again? Is this a dream?

"I'd like to put red stuffs here. It's my favorite color." Jihyo pouted at me for a long time until there was a knock on the door.

 

 

Momo's POV

We knocked on the door many times since we want to see Jihyo right away. I hope her savior is hot. Hotter than red. Oh! What am I even thinking?! The door opened revealing Jihyo and the stranger beside her. Wait! The stranger?! My group mates smirked at me.

"Let's go home.", Jihyo walked out but the stranger grabbed her arm.

"Sorry for grabbing you but, Jihyo-unnie, can you please stay for awhile. Let them rest for a moment. It seems like they haven't calmed down for hours."

"Yes Unnie! Let's come inside first! I smelled the good aroma of her coffee.", Chaeyoung went inside. "Hi! What's your name?"

"Umm. I'm Keito. Make yourselves at home please.", the stranger bowed at us.

"But this is not a home. This is a dormitory." Tzuyu said bluntly making Keito blush shyly. "Uhh! Why aren't you laughing with my joke?"

The stranger prepared us a coffee and she even offered us some pastries. She is so hospitable. I have even observed that she's not that fluent in speaking yet. Maybe she's mixed? On the corner of my eyes, I can see Jihyo glaring at me which made me feel uncomfortable until Keito gave me a tissue for the mess on my face.

"So, Keito! How did you save Jihyo?", Jeongyeon asked Keito.

She told us what happened and how she escaped Jihyo away from those avid fans. She also mentioned that she was a fan of us that's why she freaked out when she saw Jihyo taking her mask off. 

"If you're a fan of us, how come you haven't recognized us before?", Tzuyu interrupted her.

"What before? Ah! I know it's silly that I haven't know that you were at the airport that time! I only heard the news when a shopkeeper told me that we arrived at the airport on the same time!"

What?! So, before we met in the cafe, we met at the airport too without us realizing about it? Such a small world then!

"Oh! That's amazing! But, we met in the cafe last week too. Don't you know that?", Tzuyu smiled at her.

"You were the masked girls there?!", she gasped.

"Yes! It's you and Momo on both sides of the red string!", Sana clapped her hands.

Keito looked at me and I hid myself on Jihyo's back when I felt how hot my cheeks are. I guess I don't need my hot coffee now. The redness of my cheeks is enough to tell me that I feel warm already.