Chapter 37: Someone Like Me

See You When I See You

Momo's POV


"Ai-san! Long time no see!", Dr. Y/N suddenly shouted on the hall and she's also speaking in Japanese. "You surprised me with your presence! You should have told me so that I could prepare!"

"Hey! I'm sorry but I just want myself to be a present for you and I know you're busy with your work.", I saw my cousin Ai approached Dr. Y/N. "So my Y/N is a doctor now huh?"

"I missed you so much!", Dr. Y/N hugged Ai.


I stared at Jihyo who was clueless on what's going on since she didn't know that the other person was my cousin.


"I thought Dr. Y/N isn't engaging herself on relationships?", Jihyo mumbled as I felt sorry for her.

"Ji, I'm sorry. You can't love that doctor.", I looked at her with a serious expression.

"Why? I thought you're not interested on her?", she was confused.

"I love her.", I left Jihyo and went towards Ai and Keito.

"What the hell?!", Jihyo's face looks sour.

"Long time no see too, beloved cousin.", I said as I placed my hands inside my pocket.


They looked at me with shock plastered on their faces. Wait, what am I doing? They are together right? My heart became bigger just now.


"What are you doing here?", she hid Dr. Y/N on her back. "I told you before not to bother us."

"I am not.", I shrugged though I felt jealous. "I'm not even here for Keito slash Dr. Y/N. I didn't know that you changed your name Keito."


Both of them went speechless making the tension bigger among the three of us. I even forgot that there's another person behind.


"What Keito are you talking about?", Jihyo interrupted as realization hit her.

"Dr. Y/N is Keito, and Jihyo, you can't take her away from me. I told you I love her right? I love her cause she's my Keito.", I turned to Jihyo then turned to Ai. "And Ai, I'll take her away from you. Just wait for it."

"And Keito or should I say Dr. Y/N, nowhere you can find someone like me.", I whispered to her ear as I passed by her


I left the three of them alone as I smirked walking along the corridor. Why did I do that? Somehow, I want to show her all of my heart.

 

"Did you and Jihyo talked already? Did she confess her feelings about Dr. Y/N to you?", Mina appeared by my side as I entered the room.

"She cannot love her.", I said making them all stop doing anything.

"Why? You don't love that doctor Momo, do you?", Mina asked with a smile visible in her eyes.

"I've always been in love with Dr. Y/N."

"What are you talking about?! So you met before already?", Nayeon leaned her face on me.

"Dr. Y/N is Keito.", they all gasped when I said it.

 

 

Y/N POV


I looked at Jihyo who was still standing in front of me as she is staring below her feet. I feel so sorry for not trusting her. I never thought that someone like me would lie to her.


"Ji-", I moved closer to her as she motioned her hand for me to stop.

"I don't need an explanation. I was hurt. Don't worry. I'm not mad.", she forced a smile even if her eyes are becoming teary.

"Ai-san, can you please stay inside my office or go somewhere you want? I need to talk to her.", I took Ai-san's hands as she bowed.

"Jihyo, let me take you somewhere.", I bowed at her.

"I'll follow you.", she answered making me feel lighter.

 

I took Jihyo back to the coffee shop as I bought coffee for both of us to calm our nerves down. I don't know where to start. My conscience is eating me.


"You said you want to explain right?", she broke the silence. "Go on."


"My real name is not Keito. My real name is Y/N. I went to Japan for my studies and I have to keep my identity as a secret. Even if I don't want to, it's a rule. Right now, I'm pretending that I'm not the Keito you all know about since I want to move on from Momo.", I explained everything as she's looking outside.


"So you haven't moved on from her yet?", she gulped her coffee. "Makes sense."

"Eh?", I didn't understood what she meant by that.

"I have no chance to love you then.", she smiled weakly making me pause for a moment. "I'm in love with you Keito. I liked you since I first saw you at the airport. But, I can see that Momo makes you feel what I can't do to you."


Is this even true? I don't want to reject Jihyo cause I know how much pain she went through on her whole life. I don't want to add another painful memory in her diary.


"I might be too late but all I want right now is... To express my feelings.", she shook her head.

"I'm sorry Ji-", I tried to comfort her.

"Shhh... No need for you to say that. I understand everything. Maybe, you're not just for me. Maybe, I belong to someone else.", she smiled making the sun shine. "If I were you, talk to Momo. Solve this problem."

 

What should I text Momo? Why do I feel this way? My feelings couldn't be even counted by numbers and couldn't be written by letters. 


Me: Momo.

Momo: Who are you?

Me: Doctor.

Momo: Eh?! Keito?! Do you need anything?

Me: Let's hang out.

Momo: Sure, where to go?

Me: Go to my house.

Momo: I'll be right there.


"Are you sure about this?", Ai-san said while she's peeking on my phone.

"I'm very sure. She might made some mistakes before but I can't deny the fact that I also lied to her.", I smiled at Ai-san.

"My Y/N is a grown-up now.", she pretended to cry. "If that's the case, I'll go to the club with Ally, Winnie and June."

"Eh?! How did you know them?!"

"Duh! They visited you awhile ago but I told them that maybe you can't come back. They noticed that I'm a foreigner so they treated me better until we became friends.", Ai-san is being boastful. "Filipinos are lovable and kind people."

"Geez. Leave my house now. I'm going to prepare for our dinner.", I pushed her outside.

"I'm being exchanged with my cousin. How pitiful I am.", she pouted. "Bye. Good luck Baby Y/N. Just call me if there's an emergency."

 

Half an hour later, someone knocked on my door and I opened it immediately as I let Momo come inside. I motioned for her to sit down as we are going to eat our dinner already.


"It's been a long time since I last tasted my favorite chef's cuisine.", she winked at me making me blush.

"Shut up and just eat there.", I scowled.

"You're still the same Keito.", she looked at me.

"Can you please stop calling me Keito?", I told her.

"So what do you want me to call you? Babe?", she chuckled making me glare at her.

 

 

Jihyo's POV


After giving myself some alone time by shopping, I went directly to the hospital and I was surprised that Mina is outside Jeongyeon's room.

"Yah! Minari, why are you here?", I held her arms.

"Where have you been Jihyo?", she pouted.

"Anywhere.", I pinched her cheeks and pouted also. 

"You told her your feelings already?", she blurted out. "Why are you even in love with her Jihyo?! Can't you see it?! She loves Momo."


I never thought that Mina would go wild just because of this thing. What's wrong with her? Is it wrong? What does she even care?


"Why don't you find someone like me?", we stared at each other for a long time never leaving our place.