Chapter 5: I'll Never Be The Same

See You When I See You

Momo's POV

"Yah! Momo! Don't you want that cookie anymore? I'd like to eat it!" Jeongyeon mumbled while eating her cookies.

"Stop! I'll eat this later! I'm just full today!" I whined taking her hands off my plate.

"Why is our Momo a little off today?", Jihyo asked me directly. I didn't answer as I just shrugged it off. I am still thinking about the words that came out of my mouth awhile ago. 

"Leader-nim, I guess Momo is ready to mingle with someone." Tzuyu whispered to Jihyo. Everyone was shocked and they keep on teasing me while Jihyo is reminding me that we are still banned on dating.

"Yah! Stop teasing me! I said that I haven't even met someone that can make my heart beat! And I'm not that stupid to fall in love immediately." I whined again.

"Love is unexpected. We never know. Maybe that someone will appear later, tomorrow, anytime." Sana laughed her heart out. Since when did this lady become a mature woman? We covered ourselves with our masks since we are already done yet we stayed to talk together.

"Ouch!" we heard a loud voice that scared us with a loud tumble on the floor. I saw the waitress fell down from the floor while she was decorating some Christmas decors on the wall. I run to her and helped her up since I'm the one nearest to her. As soon as she straightened her back, I took the decors from her for her to easily clean up the mess. 

Y/N POV

It seems like this coffee shop is busy today since they are starting to put up Christmas decorations indicating that the Christmas has began. As I pushed the door open, I caught a long red ribbon and it seems like it fell down from the top and it was ripped maybe because of a force that triggered this thing more like it was ripped by a pin that's still hanging on the wall. Towards the end of the ribbon, I saw a girl with a mask on her face holding it since she is sort of helping the waitress whom I guess the one who took the ribbon off. She didn't notice that I was holding the other tip of the ribbon so she pulled the ribbon while I followed the motion of the ribbon to avoid friction on my skin and also to respectfully give the ribbon to the waitress.

"Umm. I'm sorry but can you slowly pull it? I'll help you with this." I took the ribbon gently from her hand seeing that this masked girl is still carrying other decors. After I was done rolling the ribbon, I gave it to the waitress. I also bowed to the mask girl and went to a table taking my phone out to contact Mika.

Me: Yah Mika. You're 10 minutes late already! 😡

Mika: Can you wait there? Besides, I'll be the one to pay so all you can do is be patient. 😒

Me: I hate you 😡

I put my phone down and ordered a cafe latte. The waitress smiled at me and bowed to me saying that she's really thankful that I helped her. She gave me a free bowl of cookies and I looked towards the table of the masked girl, and I have noticed that they are all wearing masks. I wonder why are they wearing masks? Maybe it's because of the cold weather that they got a flu or maybe... Oh my gosh! Is there a virus spreading around here in Japan?! Should I buy a mask too?! I catched a glimpse of my phone and there is a notification. If the message is from Mika saying that our meet up will be cancelled, I will seriously hunt this girl.

Ms. Hashimoto: Where are you Keito?

Me: Oh! Ohayo! I forgot to tell you Ms. that I have a friend here who came from the Philippines. We are going to have a coffee together today.

Ms. Hashimoto: Is that so? Well, you have to tell her about the rules then.

Me: I will as soon as she arrives here Ms.

Ms. Hashimoto: Take care 😉

OMG! Did Ms. Hashimoto just sent me an emoji?! This is crazy. I repeat this is crazy. Oops. I should not develop any feelings especially that she is the one who guides me. I'd rather date that masked girl though, cause she's really thoughtful to others. Hey. What am I thinking? She's just a stranger that I met. It's more strange if I will fall in love with a stranger. But I can't resist this feeling that I'm feeling.

Momo's POV

"Haven't you noticed that it was a red ribbon you are holding with that girl holding on the other end of the ribbon?" Tzuyu mentioned when I sat back on my chair.

"So?" I looked at all of them while they are all staring at me like something fantastic happened.

"You really are a Pabo! Should we talk about 'RED STRING' again?" I widened my eyes as the realization hit me.

"That's not a big deal. It's just coincidence." You know it to yourself that it is a big deal Momo! You felt the warmness in your heart when she took the string on your hand!

"Momo, you are not allowed to date." Leader-nim spoke out.

"I won't ever date a stranger! I swear!" I placed my hand on my chest and nodded at Jihyo.

I looked at my back and noticed that the stranger is texting someone. Maybe she is waiting for her lover to come. I want to go near her. I want to feel her warmth. I'm sad that she sees me as a stranger. I'm sad that she's also a stranger to me. It's not the same, I'm not the same. I'm having a crush on a stranger. Will I ever meet her again?

Y/N POV

I was lost in my thoughts until I heard the screeching sound of the chair. I looked up and stare at the face in front of me making me speechless.