Facing Yesterday's Ghost

The Story Of Us
Myungsoo works two weeks from now in the company, and he doesn't have any problems regarding with the workloads. And since he was the husband of the CEO of this company means he needs to attend a gathering with his husband. Well, he's been into some gatherings and parties before with his husband but tonight is some bit different.

He felt nervous and not knowing why. He thinks, maybe because he was working with his husband and the guests expecting something from them. He can't totally understand why, but he's really nervous, to the extent that his hand were sweating.

Different personality were there to attend as the Star Empire Firm and LSY Company will emerge. As Myungsoo and Sungyeol were busy saying hi and hello to the other guest. Myungsoo hears someone saying, "Director Nam and his secretary were on their way now."

"Director Nam? Is it Woohyun?" He thought. But maybe he's not. A lot of people had a last name of Nam. Maybe, a relative of him.

He compose his self and shake off that thought. He gaves them a bright smile, until. "Look, Director Nam Woohyun is here already." One of the guest said.

Woohyun.

For a second his heart stop its beat. He can't even move a feet. He was waiting this moment to come but he's not expecting that this soon. He first saw Secretary Kim then it's Woohyun.

As the moment Woohyun finally enters the hall he felt that the sky have fallen on him.

It was Woohyun, all right.

Though Woohyun aged and more matured now, he couldn't even deny that he was still the Woohyun he once loved. It was the same gorgeous face he had so adored four years ago. He was wearing that same charming expression on his face.

In an unexpected way, Woohyun look to his direction. There eyes met. He swear that he noticed a glimpse of happiness on him. He even lost his balance from were he was standing.

Yeol move swiftly and catches him before he will fall.

"Are you all right, Myung?" Yeol asks in worried.

"Y-yeah. I just felt dizzy." He  answers. He supposed to ask Yeol if they can sit now and be far from the others but before he can say so, Yeol was asks to say hi to the Director of SEF.

He hold tight on Yeol's arm. And he was thankful enough that Yeol didn't bother to say anything. But he's browse were knitted while looking at him, asking him what's the matter. He just didn't look him back.

He calm his self. In the past years, one thing he learned is how to kept what he really feels. He needs to pretend that he was happy in front of all— to his parents, to Yeol, to his friends, and to everybody he mets.

While they were approaching them he flash a fake smile on his lips.

"Good evening, Director Nam." Yeol greets, and pulled his hand forward for a handshake.

Woohyun gladly takes the handshake, "Good evening, CEO Lee. My pleasure to be here tonight."

"Director Nam, I want you to meet my husband Myungsoo." Yeol introduces him to Woohyun. He just smiles at him.

How can you smile at me like that? After you hurt me and left me broken. You told me that you love me, and yet you married to another man. How would you feel, Myungsoo?

"Is he's your boyfriend?" Yeol asks when he landed his look to Secretary Kim.

He nodded. "No, he's my Secretary." He introduce.

He have caught Woohyun looking at him the way he holds on Yeol's arm. But he can't see any emotions on it.

He was thankful when a name Sung Gyu approach Woohyun to call his attention, and that's the cue for them to leave. No matter how hard he try not to look to Woohyun's direction he can't help it. Feels like his eyes are glued at him. He saw how Woohyun puts his hand around Gyu's waist. He thought his was heart was chop into pieces at that moment. This can't be happening. It can't be Woohyun. He can't be Gyu's boyfriend.

Yeol asks him to sit. He thank him. He really needs him now. He can feel his body trembles.

"You're pale, Myungsoo. I'll just get you a glass of water." Yeol says.

He nodded. "I—I'm going to the rest room."

He put so much strength on him for him to walk his self to the restroom. He hold tight to those steels for him to weigh his body.

He went inside the restroom and lock his self there. He stared at his own reflection in the mirror. He was pale. He splash some water to his face, maybe it ease his paleness. He needs it now.

Relax, Myungsoo. You don't have to worry. He was just your ex, nothing but an ex. You just needs to show him that you haven't regretted the decisions you've made.

But he shakes it off that thought. What was happened four years ago was his faults. It's him who sets him free. And he knows that Woohyun deserves an explanation way back. No one has to be blame but his self.

Get over this and just pretend everything is okay, Myungsoo. No one needs to know that Woohyun is your ex. You can avoid him now. That's not hard to do, anyway. No one will notice that. And there's no reason for you two will meet. Yes, he's company and your husband's company will emerge, then theirs a chances that your paths may cross but you can always make an excuse to that.

He relaxed his self. When he thinks that he had already compose his self, he decides to get back.

Only to be stunned because Woohyun was standing outside as though waiting for him.

"We meet again. Now I believed that it's a small world after all. Don't you agree with me, Kim Myungsoo?"

Woohyun uttered his name in gritted teeth. Well he has the right to be mad.

"Well, I do agree, Director Nam Woohyun. I guess, you've already move on from me." He answers, he almost choke when he uttered that. A stab of pain in his heart. He wasn't expecting him here, waiting.

He glared at him. He steps towards him. He get hold on to his wrist. He might crush his bones.

"Now I get it. The reason why you've left me is because you chose to marry him instead of me. Why? Because four years ago I have nothing and he had everything he could give you that I can't, that's it?"

"It's none of your business." He hardly said.

Woohyun still holding his wrist but not as tight as before. "Let go of me or I'll scream. And all I know you don't want to ruin this party."

Myungsoo tried to match Woohyun's gaze. He tried to wake his anger he felt for him for four years now. He was angry at him because Woohyun let him go without knowing that he had a plan for them. He plans to runaway with him. He knows, his Hyung will never let their parents to be in danger. Yet he failed miserably. That moment he realize he doesn't feel any anger towards Woohyun.

How could that possible? How did that anger subsides that he thought he had?



After a minutes Woohyun let's him go. But only to lean closer to him.

He breath on his face. "We'll seeing each other often. Doesn't it sound exciting, Kim Myungsoo?"

"What's happening here?"

Woohyun smirked. Then distant his self from him.

"Is Woohyun bothering you?" Gyu asks. Looking surprised to what he had witness minutes ago.

Woohyun didn't utter a word. He just snakes his hand around Gyu's waist.

"N—no. Let's get out of here." Myungsoo said instead.

Woohyun still looking at him with a smirk on his face.

Woohyun decides to leave. And Gyu was with him. They were in his car and not saying anything.

Gyu knows that something bothering about Woohyun. He starts "Want to share it with me, Hyun?"

"There is nothing to share, Gyu." He denies.

When Gyu didn't say anything he thought he would never asks again. "Until when will you hide from me that you already saw your ex?"

He turn to look Gyu. "I don't know what are you taking about."

"Myungsoo is your ex."

"How can you say that?" He avoid his gaze. He fix his eyes to the road. They were having a party to celebrate that his company will be emerging with one of the top company in the city. It was a surprised to him that his ex was the husband of the company CEO. He should be feel happy right? He has Gyu and that means he already move on and let go with Myungsoo. But this feeling he felt right now, he can't figured it out.

"You can't deny that truth to me, Hyun. That man, you look at him with so much love. Do I need to get jealous now?"

He can't move, he can't say anything. He wants to denied it, but he knows Gyu so well.

"Does he knows that you already had someone now?" Gyu asks.

He nodded. "Look, you don't have to be jealous. You have me, I am yours. And he already had his man."

Gyu can only release a sigh. Woohyun hold his hand. "I'm not blind Hyun. Do you still—"

Woohyun cuts him off. "I was surprised when I saw him there. I wasn't inform that he was the husband of the CEO. Just that, I was surprised. Nothing more, okay? Trust me."

Gyu trust him. And loves him.

Does he really surprised to saw Myungsoo there or there this longing inside?

And the way Woohyun looks at Gyu hurts Myungsoo so much.You just needs to show him that you haven't regretted the decisions you've made.