The Reason

The Story Of Us
Myungsoo worries so much and Woohyun hasn't back to the hotel since he left before one in the afternoon strikes, and now, the sun is nearly to sets. It is all his fault, Myungsoo admits it.

He talks about something stupids, and he knew, he opens some old pain and wounds from Woohyun's heart. He shouldn't be questioning Woohyun worrying and caring for him and more about with the past. After what happened at the bar with Sunggyu, all he wants is to avoid him– pushing Woohyun away from him... again.

Before he regrets anything, he needs to find Woohyun no matter how long it will takes. He regrets long way back for letting him go, for pushing him away. Now, he won't make same mistakes again. He knows it's hard to win Woohyun's heart back, all he wants is he wouldn't let another day pass because he was scared.



Myungsoo have walk here and there making sure that he's not gotten far from the hotel that they were staying. He was tired but he won't give up until he finds Woohyun. He was walking around until he reached a park, he sees someone sitting alone in one of the benches.

He slowly approach, and to his relief it was Woohyun.

"Hyun?" he calls to get his attention.

The other just glances back, and bore his eyes away. His eyes is somewhat looks like he was crying awhile.

He slowly sits next to him.

Silence... until

"What do you want now Myungsoo?" Woohyun asked, voice is hoarse.

Myungsoo is taken aback. He's hurting too right now. Its a relief that he saw Woohyun, now he doesn't like to talk back. He calm his self. "Let's go back to the hotel now, Hyun." he said instead.

"What if I don't want to?" Woohyun answers back.

Myungsoo doesn't know what to say, he just shut his mouth. He knows when he answers back, things will get more complicated.

A long silence filled, until...

"Things are so different when you're gone, I thought it'd be easy but I was wrong, and now I'm caught in the middle, even though I'm with someone new all I can think about is..." he swallowed the lump had been forming in his throat. "... you." Woohyun frustrated says.

"I just don't get it, we were good back then. I thought, you wanna spend the rest of your life with me. I am more ready to face all the consequences we have to deal with... if in case. But the next thing I knew, you were drifting away from me." a drop of tears escape freely from Woohyuns' eyes.

"You had me at my best, and Gyu had me at my worst, but you chose to break my heart." Woohyun says, his voice is broke. It hardly to speak the fact, but that's certain.

"Ma–maybe you will never understand then if I told you." Myungsoo said out of the blue.

"How sure are you that I won't?" he madly asked. How dare Myungsoo says that. "Even if I won't, at least I deserve an explanation back then."

Yes, right. He deserves every explanation he needs to know back then. But Myungsoo left him, left him without knowing the real reason why.

"You hurt me in a way you never thought that you would, Myungsoo. And you know what really hurts? It hurts me even more now."

"I'm— I'm very sorry." he uttered. He never thought that he hurt Woohyun that much. He never realize it, up until now.

"I heard a lot of sorry from you before, and now..." he pause "now you were still sorry for me. I need the reasons why, Soo. I really need it. How can I possibly let go of the past... let go of you, when in truth I don't know what really happens to us?" he croaks.

He thought, he finally let Myungsoo go; that he doesn't feel any pain or hurt anymore when their paths crosses again. But seeing Myungsoo again could only breaks his heart even more. Why can't I just let him go? Woohyun had asks his self a thousand times before.

Sure he was hurt before, but he was more hurt right now. He needs to know why— why Myungsoo broke his heart and left him miserably?

"I... I didn't meant to hurt you." Myungsoo uttered in a low tone. "I didn't meant to hurt you now, more even before." he guess it is about time.

"I was scared... scared that I might lose you for good and never see you again." he slowly starting up.

"My biggest fear is losing you, without you knowing how much I really care and how much I love you."

"I just don't get it, you fear of losing me but in the end you chose to broke me." shaking his head off.

"I end up choosing to break your heart instead, than knowing that I'll be losing you. Losing you, for the debt that it has nothing to do with you."

Debt? To whom?

"I broke your heart, yeah sure thing, but you know what? The hurt you felt is as twice the hurt that I felt." and now he was trembled. "I thought, that letting you go is the right thing to do. I know, I am selfish... all I think about is myself. I didn't think about how would you feel." he released a deep sigh after.

"Is it selfish enough that I want you and my family to be safe? Is it selfish that all I want is for you not to be harm and not wanting you to get hurt?" he asked him.

Woohyun is so confused right now. First, the debt that Myungsoo is talking about, second, his safety and his family and for not getting hurt? He doesn't know all of this thing.

"But you've still hurt me." he said still in confusion, eyes are wandering.

"Yeah, I know, I still. I won't deny that. I thought back then that leaving you and breaking your heart is a good excuse. But I was wrong. I ended up being miserably, hurt, and loving you even more."

Woohyun still haven't got the real reason behind. He had a lots of string of thought running on his mind right now.

"Not being with you for days before is killing me slowly. So, I came up with..." tears were falling out "I– I was planning to run away with you but... it was too late— I was too late 'cause you finally let me go when the night I came to see you at the bar and bring you at the park." funny how they always talk things out but only in a park.

Woohyun can only look at him.

"When you said "I'm letting you go", and I heard  you said "goodbye" I told myself back then that I've already paid the price of hurting you."

"Myungsoo—"

"No," he shakes his head off, he put his hand in front to stop Woohyun from talking, Woohyun needs to know now, though it is too late now. "Remember the time when dad's get sick and he needs to undergo operation?"

He sees Woohyun nodded

"A friend of Minseok hyung lend him money for the operation without us knowing that it was stealed from Yeol's older brother." sniffed "Hyung learned the truth after a month dad's operation, he was beaten at the alley, and... he was detained at the cell for some investigation. Good thing some of his friend stands for him, and tells everything, that it wasn't hyung. After two days staying at the cell at the police station hyung was released."

He let out a breath, he clenched his hand on his chest.

"Yeol's brother tells him since he used the money, he needs to pay for it, hyung was given time. He have worked his bone out to pay that money back but he was running out of time. He told Hyung that if he won't payback the money with in time, our parents needs to face the consquences. And when he saw me on the night after you dropped me home, he called Hyung that night. He told him that he doesn't need to payback the money as long as I marry his brother." the hurt he feels before is coming back and it hurts even more now.

"Hyung knows about you, about us. And he sees how happy I am with you. So, Hyung talks back, against on him. And he told him that... you will be in danger, that he will let you suffer." he forcely close his eyes, tears still streaming down "And who am I to say no when I know in return you will be safe, my parents will be safe. So, I made up with the decision, I chose to break your heart but in truth I'm hurting myself much more."

Woohyun didn't speak, what Myungsoo said hits him, it made him fuzzy to think things out. Of all those time he was with him before, he didn't know Myungsoo facing things like that. Hurting his self alone, suffering alone, facing things by self. He handled the pain with in his self. "Isn't it me whose been selfish? What did I ever done before and I never knew this?" Woohyun thought.

"I won't tell you to believe me or what, but that's the whole truth Woohyun." he speak to break the silence between them, drying his tears away.

"I– I don't know, Myungsoo. I really... I really don't know." he muttered, what Myungsoo revealed made his mind and thoughts not to think straight, and sort things out.

"I think, I should go first now. Just be back at the hotel, if you feel good." he stood up, and ready to take a step, and...

Woohyun hold his hand before he could take a step.

"Woo– Woohyun..."

Myungsoo flinched a bit before he looks at him, he was surprised when he sees Woohyun face soften a bit.

"I– I'm so sorry, I di–didn't kno–"

"Let's just talk some other time, hmm? If you feels better, then let's talk." he flash a force smile. "I'm going now."

He slowly removed his hand from Woohyun's hold, and walks away.

Myungsoo can only sighed. At least, some old pain in his heart have been lifted off. 

He would never expect some reconciling or Woohyun will understand him and forgives him, what mattered to him is he finally let him know– the whole truth. The truth he deserves to know it from the starts.

He knows things between them wouldn't be back on how they used to be. He knows that's impossible.




[Seoul]


Gyu leaves Sungyeol's company with a lot of thoughts on his mind. He couldn't believed that Sungyeol knows something, but he acted like if he doesn't.

"I told you Sunggyu, but you didn't listen. If you only showed up when I asks you nicely, then I wouldn't do that."

Okay, somewhat it's his fault. He made Sungyeol mad, the guy been constantly messaging him before he left Seoul but he took it for granted.

Sungyeol been asking him to meet him and to talk about something, it all happens after he took Myungsoo in a bar. Somehow, he knows it concerns about that but he never thought that Sungyeol will step this far.

And that smirked on his face he knows he's up to with something. He gasped, too surprised.

"Do– don't tell me–"

Sungyeol stood up from his chair and walks over to him. He was standing behind him, now. He leans in and whisper into his ear.. "What if I know something or I know everything. I guess, its none of your business anymore."

"I guess, it is my business, since it was concern about Woohyun and Myungsoo." he nervously answered back.

"It doesn't matter if I know something, and you don't need to know about it." he grins.




****

Honestly he doesn't know what's really running on Sungyeol's mind. He's too far from Sungyeol he knows before.

He needs to plan for something. He couldn't just sit in a corner and wait what's gonna happens next. He can sensed that Sungyeol have been up to something, and he wouldn't let him to do so.
He have lose him (someone) before, and now he can't afford to lose someone again.

 

 

____________

A/n: I would like to ask an apology. I need– I have to erase the first update I have published awhile ago. I noticed that their were some parts of the line been cut out when I've been pasting the story here. My deepest apology for those who have already read it. I know, it made you confusing, ehe! My mistake. Again sorry.