Caught In The Middle

The Story Of Us
Myungsoo is with Lee Sungyeol his husband-to-be, they were in a boutique of wedding dress to choose and to fit their wedding attires. As they entered a memory came flashing too.

Myungsoo was walking in a corridor for his next class when someone's dragged him in the corner. He was ready to shout and ask for help when he recognize the others. "Woohyun?"

"Hi! Babe." grinning at him while throwing different kinds of hearts at him.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, not because he doesn't like it. He likes it anyway but he knows if Woohyun wouldn't stop, anytime soon from now he might be diagnose with diabetes. He asks, "Why did you drag me?"

"I just miss you." He answers winking at him.

His boyfriend Nam Woohyun is the greasiest and the mushy person he knows. He always assures him that he only loves him— nobody but him.

"Let's skip class today." Woohyun said instead when Myungsoo didn't uttered anything.

"Huh? What? But we still have classes today." He said.

"Just for today." Woohyun said in a puppy eyes. He even gives Myungsoo an aegyo. "Hmm?"

"But-" Woohyun cuts him off with a kiss. "Okay, but only for today." He gave in. He's too weak with Woohyun aegyo.

Woohyun hugs him in the process. "Let's go." Holding his hand.

"Where are we going?" Myungsoo asks when they exited the campus.

"Just follow my lead and you will know where." He answers, still holding Myungsoo's hand and no intention of letting it go. He intertwined there fingers through all the way.

When they reach in front of a shop Woohyun brings him inside. He looked around and he's confuse, so he asks. "What are we doing here?"

"Looking around."

He was still confused. "Looking around?" He repeats what Woohyun has just said.

"Yeah!"

What are they supposed to look around in this place, anyway? This is not just a shop, but this is a wedding attires shop. "Eh?" losing of word to say.

Woohyun chuckled. "You know, someday I wanna get marry— with you. And spending the rest of my life with you, and of course, growing old with you " Woohyun said looking straight into his eyes with so much love.

Myungsoo was caught by surprised. He couldn't even believe it that Woohyun will actually wants to marry him and spend his life with him. He doesn't know how to respond to it.

"And your silence means, you will." Woohyun said.

​​​He smiled. Of course, he will. He will— someday.

But now that's impossible to happen, because he'll be marrying to another man. He sighed and Yeol catches that.

He's been watching Myungsoo all the time they were together but he knows somethings bothering to his soon to be husband. He approaches him awhile ago but seems he's not in his self.

He approaches Myungsoo again and wave his hand in front of him to get his attention. "Myungsoo?" and that's snaps him to his senses.

"Oh!" He simply uttered and even blink his eyes to get hold of his self back.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course, I am."

"You sure?" He asks in doubt.

"Yes, I am. Go and pick and fit first. I'll stay here." Myungsoo assures him.

"Okay, don't go anywhere. Kay?"

He nodded.

Sungyeol look around again but he got distracted every time he take a glimpse of Myungsoo. Something's really bothering with Myungsoo, he knows it. Though, he only knew Myungsoo for several months from now but he knew him that well. Instead looking around, he went to Myungsoo and hold his hand.

"Let's get out of here."

"Huh? But why?" Myungsoo asks in confusion. "Didn't you see something in here? Do you want to look somewhere else?"

Yeol smiles, "No, but let's go somewhere else. Let's just get our wedding attires next time."

"Why?"

"We still have a lot of times to choose. We don't need to rush." Yeol smiles again at him. "Let's go?" He asks.

He just nod. He just go with the flow.

"Will just get back here some other time, Mister." He hears Sungyeol excuses their selves.


*****

When they went out from the shop Sungyeol escorted him to the car. Yeol drives away but Myungsoo still looking to a distance. He put his hand to Myungsoo's thigh, telling him that he will always be there to understand.

"Yeol, can you drop me in the corner?" He asks.

Yeol glance over him.

"Just drop me somewhere."

"Is everything okay Myungsoo?" Yeol couldn't help but to asks.

"Yea— yeah. Just drop me at that corner."

He stop driving his car and park at the corner.

"You can tell me everything, Myung. I will listen."

He fake a smile, "Yeol.." He starts but he muffled his words when he heard Sungyeol phone is ringing. "Just take that call." He said instead.

Yeol received his call but Myungsoo didn't hear anything. He shuts everything around him.

"Myungsoo?" He heard Sungyeol calling out his name. He hum.

"I want to accompany you but Hyung called me. He needs a hand." Sungyeol explains.

"It's okay, I understand." He answers.

"Is it okay, if I drop you here?"

"Yeah." He hops out and before he can close the car's door he heard Yeol saying. "Call me if anything goes wrong. You take care, okay?" He smiles at him.

When Yeol left, he was left all alone. He starts to walk. Strolling the place. Some of this corners reminds him and Woohyun. It hurts deep inside.

Wish I could forgets him. He thought, tears starts streaming from his eyes.


*****

"Where have you been, son?" He was greeted by his Mom. He knows she's really worries about him.

He strolled around and didn't realized that it's already late.

"Sungyeol, has been here waiting for you. He tried calling you but he can't reached you." His Mom telling him about Sungyeol being here lately.

He wondered why he didn't received anything, he check his phone and realizes that it got drained.

"I'm sorry, Mom for worrying about me. I just strolled around. And my phone was off." He said to ease his Mom worrisome.

"Are you okay? Sungyeol is worried about you."

"I am. I'll just call him later." He said. "I'll go to bed." He excuse his self and hugs his Mom, assuring her that he's fine. Maybe, he really is— physically fine but emotionally not. He was trying to be fine. To be strong, to be happy without Woohyun, and to be happy with Yeol.


As soon as he reach his bedroom he lock his self inside. Everything about him and Woohyun were coming back. He cries. He missed him so much. He wish he could turn back times— those times were everything was okay between him and Woohyun. It's been seven months since he last saw Woohyun. He cried his hearts out.