Then They've Met

The Story Of Us
Woohyun could only sighed, the sun had set, the day is over, the city had slowly lighten up—another day had end. Do he really needs to deal with it?

He had never felt this kind of nervous before. He's been silent along the drive. His heart is pounding fast inside. Woohyun who likes to talk about something during a drive but tonight he's bit different. He have sighed for many times, and Jaejoong had noticed him.

"Hyun, relax. This is just a business dinner." Jaejoong coos, trying to calm him.

"How–" he sigh, he chose not to say something. How could he possibly calm when he knows it's really possible to see Myungsoo again?

He was trying to calm his self even before he set his foot to his car. But the way his heart rumbling in his chest is not helping though.

"Why would you worry on things that is not even happening right now?" Jaejoong utters.

Eyes fix on him. He's not worrying things. He doesn't even know how to deal with this kind of scene. Yeah, sure he had pictured this out in his mind a thousand times before, but why he still feel nervous? Maybe, it is happening real thing now?

"Just act like usual Hyun. Act how you used to deal with some business partners." Jaejoong comments.

Yeah, he needs to act like that, act like usual– act like that the people they need to deal with is nothing, nothing but a another clients, but how? This is too new at him. This is not only a casual business matters. His also dealing with his heart too. Will he feign that he knows nothing about Myungsoo and he only met him for few times? Could it be a help?

"The more you act like that, the more it shows. Be yourself, and try to calm your heart."

"Wh–why" he stutters "would I calm my heart?" he defensively asks.

"–ey! Even I was sitting here at the driver seat, I can still hear your heart thumping against your chest." Jaejoong says, grinning widely.

He glared at him. The way Jaejoong grin over him is something Woohyun wish he never sees. He wish he could wipe that grin away. Jaejoong knows him so well.

He heard him chuckled, yeah yeah, Jaejoong knows how to pissed him off. He just looks outside, the more he sees that  eating grins of Jaejoong he knows the guy won't stop pissing him off.

****

"I need you to be with me tonight." those words had Woohyun uttered kepts bothering Gyu. Does he really mean it? Why would he needs him? "Simply, his ex is surely to be there." his mind tells him.

He had something to do in the studio but it still can wait. Gyu has his reasons why he doesn't wanted to go, and whatever it is he just can't let his guard off.

But he knows Woohyun needs him, his voice told him so and before he regret onto something, he stood up and get his coat in a stand.

"Where do you think you're going?" Howon asks him.

Howon is his Manager, and he's also a friend of him.

"I need to get out of here now Howon." he utters.

"And why?" Howon asks again. He understands, really. But before he let's him go, he talks too much. "Can't it wait later? Look, Gyu you have some fan signing events to do in a week and you said... you want to release this new song of yours." he pause for awhile. He looks at Gyu, the guy been listening to him but he knows his mind is wandering somewhere or its right to say– to someone.

"Is this about Woohyun?" he sudden asks.

Gyu had to blink twice if he heard it right. He didn't say any.

"If this is about Woohyun, then go." Howon says. He knows, he can't hold on to him right now. If the guy wants to be with Woohyun, then he should let him.

Been too long since he saw Gyu like this, the last time he seen him acting like this was too long ago.

****

"Good evening, Director Nam and Secretary Kim." CEO Lee cheerfully greets them. "Thank you for accepting my invitation."

Woohyun silently released a breath of relief, thanks God, Myungsoo is not around. He now can act to his usual self. "Good evening too, CEO Lee. I am looking forward to have a dinner with you but you've got me first." he says as he smiles.

Hope he doesn't look like he was really relieved not to see Myungsoo around with them.

Well, you know it would be more awkward to have a dinner with your ex and with his husband. He have imagined that, but he's not ready to deal with it right now. Maybe, at the right time. In time were he never felt his heart having a somersault whenever he sees Myungsoo.

"You don't mind if I already ordered something for us?" Yeol asks as he offers them to sit.

"Not minding at all." Woohyun simply utters.

****

Gyu was on his way to Woohyun's company when he see Myungsoo came out from a cafe, he was alone. He had a good debating with his self if he will approach Myungsoo or not, but last thing he have done is to approach him. He park his car near at Myungsoos' car.

He hopped out from his car as he sees Myungsoo getting closer to his car.

He knows Woohyun been doin good right now. More comfortable to have dinner with Yeol, as long as Myungsoo is not around, now, he doesn't need to worry a thing.

"Hi! Myungsoo, right?" he greets him as he asks, as they stand facing each other.

Myungsoo taking a good look with the man in front of him. He was pretty sure that he have seen this man before, he just can't recall where and when.

"I'm Kim Sunggyu." Gyu introduced his self when Myungsoo didn't utters any words.

Then it rings a bell. This is Kim Sunggyu, the famous singer song writer. How could he ever not recognized him? He's also the Kim Sunggyu with Woohyun that night at the party.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." Myungsoo asks an apology. "I am so sorry for not recognizing you first. Yeah, I'm Myungsoo." he even bow as he confirms that he is Myungsoo. "How may I help you?" he asks later.

Gyu fake a smile. This Myungsoo doesn't really have any idea, if what he's been up to. So, might as well be friends with him.

Myungsoo didn't know what really Gyu wants in him. The guy just pop out of nowhere. He feels uncomfortable this time. Does he knows about his and Woohyun's past?

"Can I invite you for a drink?" Gyu suddenly blurts.

"Uhm..."

He was cut off by Gyu for any excuses he ever gonna come up with. "I don't accept any excuses, Myungsoo. And I have something to ask too."

Myungsoo know were this things will lead to. So, better now or later. He doesn't have any idea if what kind of relationships this guy and Woohyun had.

If what he was thinking is right then he just wants to clear things now– if Gyu is worried about him and Woohyun's past, Gyu should never be worried even he had a reason to have  to. That whatever he and Woohyun had before was all in the past– (past that he can't really let go). And, as much as he wants Woohyun back, he knew it's impossible. He's married and Woohyun already had Gyu.

****

They found thereselves in a fancy bar. Today is not as crowded as the bar it seems to be.

Myungsoo never asks anything. He waits for Gyu to opens up a talk.

"So, how does it feels to see Woohyun again?" Gyu asks in sudden, after a long silence. His voice sounds not bitter enough.

Myungsoo doesn't know how to answer that. And now, this whole talk will only leads about his and Woohyun's past.

"I bet you were happy– glad that you see him again." he scorn.

What if he does? He admits the first time he ever saw Woohyun at the cafe, he was more than glad to see him he was doing fine. Does this guy had a say if he say so?

He supposed not to say a thing but– "Yeah, I won't deny that. I'm glad he was doing well and fine after all..."

"Yeah, he have done so much when you broke and left him without knowing why."

And now, he was at blamed. Sure, blamed him. That's right, blamed him. Myungsoo knows deep inside his heart that he had made the right decision back then.

He have sure many regrets before, but seeing Woohyun right now. He knew, somwhere in those broken promises and broken hearts... he have made something good in return– with Woohyun.

"Does your husband knows about you and Woohyun's past?" he asks again.

This time he chose not to answer. He won't ever explain his self to a man he barely knows.

"I asks you Myungsoo."

"I don't think, I need to explain myself to you." he fired back.

He sees him smirk at the corner of his eyes. What he didn't expect was– "I wish you never exist in anyone's life, Myungsoo."

****

Woohyun recieves a message from Gyu, telling him, he should come and pick him up with the address attached on it.

He excuse his self before the dinner ends. He told Yeol that something came up urgently.

He just came right in time, he can see Gyu and Myungsoo. Wait– Myungsoo?

Gyu was drunk, and Myungsoo still sober.

He heard Gyu mutters, "Yo– you only an ex Myungsoo. You were nothing but only a part of Woohyun's past. I am more capable of loving him right now."

He approaches them. He hold Gyus' shoulder to made him still, he's body is swaying here and there in his seats.

"Gyu, what are you doing?" he asks in concerns.

"Oh! Sweetheart..." hiccups "you're here." he took Woohyun's one hand in him, he whispered but too loud for Myungsoo to hear. "Your ex is here." index finger pointing at Myungsoo then he laugh.

Woohyun take a glance at Myungsoo. "You're drunk." he says to Gyu. "I should take you home."

"Ssshhh... I don't want to." he pouts, swatting Woohyuns' hand. "Let's have drink with your ex." he still insists.

"I should get going." Myungsoo excuses.

"Where do you think you're going?" Gyu asks him in mock. "You're not going anywhere Myungsoo."

Woohyun looks at Myungsoo with so much worry in his eyes. If Sunggyu get drunks he always says the things he wanted to say.

"Why don't you stay and take a good look with Woohyun while you were here and while your husband is not around."

What Gyu says surprises them (both Myungsoo and Woohyun).

"That's enough Gyu." Woohyun says.

He feels sorry for Myungsoo to what have Gyu caused.

"Leave now, Myungsoo. I'll handle this and sorry for–" Woohyun utters.

Before he could hear him saying sorry he cuts him off "Its all okay. I'm going now."

He leaves them. Not wanting to hear what will Gyu says, and to see them together could only break his heart.

He was stop from his track when he heard Gyu mutters "You can't have him back like how you always wanted to be, not now and not ever, remember that Myungsoo."

"I said that's enough, Gyu." Woohyun voice came to little to harsh. He's not supposed to used that tone, but it seems to stops Gyu blabbering over a thing.

He really have enough. He knows he shouldn't get disturb with what had Gyu blabbering about right now, but this is too much.

As he looks at Myungsoo awhile ago he can see the pain and the hurt in Myungsoo's eyes. Woohyun shouldn't been thinking that right now, he had a drunk Gyu to deal with. He just thinks about it later.