Chapter 9

Written in the stars

JUNGKOOK

Two years passed since Jungkook last saw  Yoongi and those months with him have never left his mind. He had hoped that he'd forgot . He'd forgot nights with Yoongi where he'd sneak out of his house to go to Namjoon's place and sit with Yoongi on the porch while the party raged on in the house. One night stood out particularly in his mind. It replayed over and over in his head. "Even if I meet this person, Jungkook-ah I don't think anything will change....it's all just so stupid and fake." 

He had gulped down the drink he had in his hand before going outside to sit down on the stairs next to Yoongi. It was cold that night but he didn't mind it as long as Yoongi stayed there with him. Yoongi had looked up to raise an eyebrow at him and Jungkook shrugged. "Shouldn't you be in there?" Yoongi asked and Jungkook sighed. "It's too crowded. No space to breathe." And Yoongi let out a loud laugh, it startled Jungkook. "That's great. The social butterfly that secretly hates parties." Yoongi said in between laughter. 

Jungkook took a deep breath as he looked at Yoongi, now or never, he thought. "Are you going to date before you meet, them?" he asked before he could regret it. Yoongi stopped laughing and looked at the street in front of them. "I don't know." Yoongi said sounding distant and Jungkook felt his stomach sink. "Oh." he let out before turning to look at the street as well.

"Even if I meet this person, Jungkook-ah I don't think anything will change....it's all just so stupid and fake." Jungkook looked backed over at Yoongi, who was still looking across the street. "I'm not one to fall in love. I'm not good at that. I don't text back because I don't want to. At one point I thought I was aual." Yoongi chuckled. Jungkook felt he should he should chuckle too, so he gave a half smile. "I don't think believing I'm going to magically fall in love with someone is right. It's fake. It's not real love. Real love is different you need to know that person is for you in your gut, not by a stupid tattoo." Jungkook wished so badly he would've let those three words out of his mouth at that moment. But he hesitated too long and someone burst through the door nauseous with too much alcohol and ruined his moment. 

It's been two years since that night and Jungkook wants to forget but, he can't. It's almost his graduation  and the tattoo that once was on his bicep disappeared, he wants to forget that stupid tattoo and Min Yoongi, but he can't.