Chapter 16

Written in the stars

YOONGI 

Sounds great when do you want to meet, kid?

Yoongi stared at those nine words on his phone screen for what seemed liked years. Was that too casual?  He frowned as he waited for the three little dots to pop up on screen. 

"What's the matter, Yoon?" Namjoon's voice interrupted his worrying. "Hmm?" He asked as he he closed his phone and looked up at the man towering over him. "You look concerned." Namjoon chuckled as he handed Yoongi a coffee. Namjoon sat down in his chair, making a little "umf" noise as he plopped himself down. 

Yoongi bit his lip as he looked down at his phone and Namjoon rolled his eyes. "What's wrong?" he asked as he cupped the paper cup in his hands and stared back at Yoongi. Yoongi sighed, "Jungkook." he exhaled as he turned himself towards his desk and mindlessly open up his laptop. Namjoon frowned. "Jungkook?" he asked confusion lacing through his voice, there was practically a question mark above his head. 

Yoongi turned to look at his confused friend, "Jungkook and Taehyung are here. In Tokyo." Namjoon's mouth opened and formed a little 'o'. "Those little s never told us they were coming." Namjoon said as he took a swig of his coffee. "Yeah, well they're here." Yoongi muttered as he turned back to the laptop. He still needs to finish looping and mixing music. 

"And what's Jungkook done to get you so worried?" Namjoon asked with menace in his voice. Yoongi sighed, should he admit he's not over his summer crush on Jungkook? Is that weird? To have liked someone that young? He's only a year younger than Jimin. Yoongi winced at even the thought of that name. "Nothing, just wants to have lunch and I'm busy." Yoongi grumbled clicking on the files. 

Namjoon nodded not thinking much else and his laptop. "You should have dinner with Jin and I tonight. He's making curry. You should have at least one healthy meal, Yoon." Namjoon said as he looked over at the smaller man. Years go by and things change but the look on Namjoon's face never seems to change. 

Yoongi nods, he's not actually listening he's already submerged in work. Namjoon knows that too. 

 

 

JUNGKOOK 

"What'd he say?" Taehyung asked peering over Jungkook's shoulder. "Nothing yet." he sighed and closed his phone putting it down in his lap. "It's been two hours." Jungkook muttered and closed his eyes. "I blew it." 

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "You're being dramatic." Jungkook laughed, "Says you out of all people." Taehyung giggled, "Well yeah. And you are. He'll answer soon I know these things you know I have the whole ESPN thing going for me." Jungkook really lost it after that, "ESPN?" he wheezed and Taehyung just stared back in embarrassed confusion. "Yeah like intuition." Taehyung answered meekly his cheeks rosy. 

Jungkook fell off the couch after those words left his mouth he held his stomach as he his whole body shook with laughter. Taehyung threw fake punches at him as he asked what was so funny. "ESPN is a sports channel." Jungkook said between laughter. Taehyung's face turned even more red and Jungkook continued to laugh. Taehyung was three punches in when they both heard it. Jungkook's phone. 

Jungkook scrambled to find it on the couch. He quickly read it with Taehyung peering over his shoulder. 

Yeah sounds good. I'll be off work in an hour does that work? 

Jungkook didn't realize he was grinning until Taehyung pulled him into a dramatic hug and began jumping. "I told you I'm psychic." Jungkook could only laugh. As soon as Taehyung had let go he typed out a message and hit sent. 

That's perfect. See you then. 

"You have to look hot." Taehyung blurted out and Jungkook glared. "It's just a late lunch." Jungkook said, "Jungkook it's five in the afternoon. You're going to dinner with Min Yoongi. Look hot." Taehyung said emphasizing Yoongi's name and Jungkook realized he's right. He's going to have dinner with Yoongi. 

"You have to look extra fine Jungkook, you're practically stealing someone's man." Taehyung said as Jungkook walked to his room. "I am not stealing someone's man." Jungkook gasped and Taehyung nodded at him from the couch. "You absolutely are so dress like it." he said as he turned to the tv and turned it on with the remote. Jungkook's cheeks burned as he walked to his room. Taehyung was his best friend but sometimes he really was too much. 

Jungkook stared at his closet for a while before picking out what to wear. He picked some fitted back jeans with a black belt and a white tee. He tucked the tee into the jeans and put an army style jacket on. He looked nice. 

It was five thirty when he decided to make his way to the cafe they agreed to meet at. He had barely managed to escape the grip of Taehyung when he walked out the door.  He wanted to get there before Yoongi so he could get them a table. Yoongi was coming from work so he must be tired. 

Jungkook got them a table near the back and he waited. He smiled as he looked at Yoongi's "be there in fifteen." text. He ordered a coffee and waited for Yoongi.  Ten minutes passed by slowly and he was just about to text Yoongi to ask him what coffee he drank, when the smaller walked into the coffee shop. He didn't notice Yoongi right away it took him a few seconds to see the confused man looking around the coffee shop, but when he did his heart melted. There stood Yoongi in a black turtle neck and long coat. He was wearing round glasses and his nose was red. 

He was arguably the cutest being alive.