Chapter 5

Written in the stars

JUNGKOOK

Jungkook planned to spend the rest of the day locked in his room wallowing in his misery, but Kim Taehyung had very different plans.  His room was dark and cold as he stared emptily at the tv his fingers moving rapidly on the pads of the controller. He had his head set on and a hoodie on he wished to die just like this. His endless thoughts of Yoongi drowned out by the sounds of guns firing and men screaming. 

"What the ." Taehyung suddenly said barging in and flipping the lightswitch on. Jungkook cringed at the light and paused the game. "Jesus." Jungkook hissed as he took the head set off. "What the hell are you doing? The party already started!" Taehyung yelled and Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I'm not going Taehyung." he said and turned back to the screen, he was about to return to the game but Taehyung was quicker than that. He snatched the controller out of Jungkook's hands and glared. "You've been talking about this for weeks." Taehyung said sounding stern and concerned at the same time. 

"Tae, I don't think I can handle seeing Yoongi all happy about that stupid tattoo." Jungkook said softly as he looked at the screen and Taehyung let out a groan. "Jeon Jungkook. You yourself said that Yoongi doesn't believe in all that. Why are you believing he's happy about it?" Taehyung asked now towering over Jungkook. "Because who wouldn't be happy about having a soul mate? Plus he barely knows I exist!" Jungkook whined as he threw the covers over his head. 

Taehyung tore them off of him and Jungkook glared at him. "Because he's Min Yoongi and he hates fairytales. Because he's Min Yoongi and doesn't talk to many people. This was your year to get him to know you better. Jungkook hes going to graduate in two months and you barely have tried." Taehyung said his voice hinting at anger. Jungkook sat up and looked at Taehyung helpless, "Taehyung it's impossible the universe already made it clear it doesn't want us together. It'll end in flames." he said throwing more excuses into the air. "So you're just giving up like that?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook flinched his voice was different.  "I don't want to but-". 

Taehyung was already mad but Jungkook hadn't expected him to throw a pillow at him. "Hey what the ?"  he shouted and Taehyung threw another one. "Get off your Jungkook and get dressed I'm not letting you give up until Min Yoongi himself says he doesn't like you." Taehyung said sternly. Jungkook got up. 

Jungkook had already picked out an outfit for tonight because Taehyung was right he'd been waiting for tonight for ages. He was supposed to tell Yoongi how he felt and things would be good, but he wasn't sure that was going to happen tonight. He put on a green bomber Taehyung had begged him to buy, a long white shirt, with ripped blue jeans, his white timberland boots, and a red beanie. "The earring." Taehyung reminded as he sat on the bed scrolling through his fan and Jungkook smiled. 

They drove to Namjoon's house in silence Taehyung giddy because this was one of their first big parties and Jungkook wanting throw up with anxiety. He wanted to thank Namjoon for inviting them but also wished he hadn't. 

NAMJOON

Yoongi didn't look as angry as Namjoon expected when he walked through the door people were already crowding the living room. When Yoongi entered the room people shouted everything from congratulations to happy birthday and Yoongi just smiled. Hoseok walked over to Namjoon and grinned wiggling his eyebrows. "He looks good, huh? You owe me Kim Namjoon you tragic bastard you." he said before making his way to the kitchen where Suzy was. Namjoon swallowed as he looked at Yoongi laughing with Yoona. It was a long day. 

Yoongi eventually made his way to Namjoon already visibly tipsy. "Hey you!" Namjoon laughed and Yoongi sat next him on the counter. "Thanks." Yoongi said and Namjoon nodded as he watched everyone drinking. "Not gonna go over there?" Yoongi asked pointing over to where Rose was. "Nah heard she's into Hoseok." Namjoon said trying to shrug off the topic. "." Yoongi hiccuped. "Yeah."

Namjoon was just about to tell Yoongi about the headphones when someone shouted Yoongi's name and the latter was gone in seconds. He sighed as he took another drink. "Never was yours Joon, get over it.." he muttered to himself before he trailed off to where he last saw Hoseok. 

JUNGKOOK 

The house was packed, had the whole school shown up?  Taehyung had long left Jungkook in his dust and he sighed as he walked into the house. Immediately half the rugby team was calling him over to where they stood. "Jungkook-ah you made it!" Hyuga laughed and Jungkook smiled "Yeah I did." he smiled as he searched the room for Yoongi, no sign of black hair and earrings anywhere he sighed as he tried to listen to his hyungs talk over the loud music. 

He laughing with the boys when Taehyung suddenly yanked him by the elbow. "Holy Jungkook! Yoongi is blonde!" he yelled into his ear and Jungkook turned in surprise. "Really?" he asked and Taehyung nodded as he pulled Jungkook through the crowd to the backyard. Jungkook's breath hitched when he saw Yoongi his back was turned as talked to Hoseok hyung. His black hair was blonde and Jungkook already knew it suit him. "Go say happy birthday!" Taehyung giggled and pushed the latter. Jungkook scowled at him but Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows at him then did possibly the worst thing ever. 

"Yoongi hyung!" Taehyung shouted causing both Hoseok and Yoongi to turn to look in their direction. Taehyung made his way over to the two whisper yelling at Jungkook to follow him before doing so. "Happy birthday hyung. " Taehyung grinned and Jungkook watched anxious, Yoong laughed. "Leave it to you to make a scene even at my party."  Taehyung grinned as the two talked about basketball. Taehyung and Yoongi played on the same team and Jungkook still cursed the day he had told Taehyung he didn't want to try out with him. 

Jungkook watched as the two talked the conversation casual and Jungkook so badly wanted to be Taehyung right now. Namjoon appeared after a few minutes already drunk. "Jungkook!" he exclaimed and Yoongi was now looking at him, he smiled at Namjoon. "Hey hyung." he said feeling embarrassed, "Did you wish him a happy birthday yet?" Namjoon asked his words slurred and he was sure he was blushing. "Uh no...." Jungkook said rubbing the back of his, "Happy birthday Yoongi hyung." He said as leveled as he could to Yoongi and Yoongi just stared for a second before what looked like realization hit him. "Ah kid!" he shouted, "Namjoon used to tutor you!" he laughed probably from the alcohol and Jungkook nodded not sure how he should react. 

Yoongi smiled and said a thank you before turning back to Taehyung to talk about basketball. Jungkook did his best to try and join the conversation and soon he was talking to Yoongi and he made him laugh. He thought he had melted when Yoongi laughed at his stupid joke. "You a freshman?" Yoongi asked and Junkook shook his head, "Sophmore." he answered. Yoongi nodded thoughtfully as he took another sip from his drink. "Brace yourself for Junior year." he said and Hoseok chimed in with a comment. "Had my first suicidal thoughts that year he said." and Yoongi laughed before smacking his head. "What? its true!" Hoseok shouted and Jungkook laughed. 

Yoongi was better looking up close and his voice was smoother. He wished he could talk to him all night. He had forgotten all about the writing on his chest until one of the girls asked Yoongi about it and he felt his stomach sink. Yoongi didn't look too happy about it either. He showed the girl reluctantly and took another drink. Jungkook did too.