Chapter 8

Written in the stars

NAMJOON

I never had imagined Yoongi actually meeting his soulmate. Never. It had become a joke we'd laugh about after drinking. Yoongi. In love. It's just weird. I mean I have my own soulmate. The tattoo on my forearm to prove it. "Watch your step." Still I never thought either of us would find them I always believed we'd just live our usual lives. Yoongi producing music and working his shifts and I studying at university and working at the shoppe. 

The night he walked in he was grinning, ear to ear, he looked dazed and I really thought he was drunk. He had plopped himself down on the couch and laughed, "I met him." He'd said and I'm not sure if my stomach sank because of fear or because I had drank a bit before. 

"Yoongi, that's great." I said realizing I had stood up from the love seat. Yoongi laughed at my abruptness and I smiled. "Well, tell me all about him." I smiled before going over to sit next to him grabbing a throw pillow and setting my chin on it. Yoongi laughed at me some more before telling me all about this Park Jimin. He sounded like the cutest thing on the planet the way Yoongi described him and for once, Yoongi seemed genuinely happy. 

Yoongi had been visibly homesick the past few weeks. He was upset. He missed his mom and his family I could tell. When we first moved to Tokyo Yoongi hardly called home but recently he'd call his mom and ask if everything was okay. I was sure he was just about to fly home any day now, but thanks to Park Jimin that didn't happen.

Life moved on, just like it always does. 

Park Jimin became a permanent fixture in our lives. I wanted so badly to hate him. To hate the man that would take my best friend away, but I couldn't. It's impossible to hate Park Jimin he's like puppies and sunshine in human form. The kid grew on me, having him around the apartment laughing at absolutely nothing and lounging around our couch became the new normal. 

Park Jimin is like everything bright and happy in the world, a loud laugh that makes his whole frame laugh and if it made me feel happy, it made Yoongi melt. As much as it hurt at first, and did it hurt, I had to  accept the fact Jimin was the one meant to make Yoongi happy and if Yoongi was happy then I could live. 

 

 

hello, sorry for a sort of late update. First week of the New year and first week of school. I will promise to upload as much as school permits. Thank you for all your feedback, and tell me who are you rooting for? Namjoon? Jimin? Jungkook?