Chapter 3

Written in the stars

JUNGKOOK

Today was Yoongi's eighteenth birthday. Jungkook hardly slept that night turning in concern. "He's going to meet his soulmate and he still barely pays me a second of attention."  he thought as he ran his hair through his hands. Jungkook was younger than Yoongi three years. He had only met Yoongi two years ago through Namjoon. 

Namjoon had tutored Jungkook in Math his years in middle school when he was struggling hard to balance everything: school, friends, extracurricular, and life in general.  Namjoon was a great tutor he was patient with Jungkook and didn't treat him like a complete idiot most of the time. It had been a regular day when he first met Yoongi. Namjoon had called Jungkook to tell him they couldn't study at his house but to meet him at the library at the University his parents worked. Jungkook walked over there after football practice he looked a mess that day and still cringes as he thinks about his image the day he first met Yoongi. His face was scrapped up from football practice and his hair was wet from the shower. Worst of all he was wearing an Avengers tee shirt. And god, Yoongi must have thought he was such an immature kid. 

He had walked through the library wearily as he made his way to the back of the library where Namjoon was. He wasn't even paying attention as he set his things down in the chair next to him. "Hello hyung." he said as he sat down. "Hey Jungkook, hope you don't mind but my friend's going to be here with us because we're working on a paper together. " he said and Jungkook nodded already getting out his own homework when he heard Namjoon laugh. He looked up to see what was so funny and there was Yoongi walking toward them laughing as well. "Did you trip?" Namjoon laughed as Yoongi came closer. "No," he said snickering "okay maybe. Yes." and the two laughed hard as Yoongi pulled out the chair next to Jungkook and sat down. 

To say Jungkook was at a loss of words the first time he saw Yoongi is an understatement he hadn't realized he'd been holding his breath until Namjoon began introducing them to each other. "Hey kid." is all Yoongi said and that's all it took for Jungkook to develop a crush on the hyung with the small lips, gummy smile, and cool earrings. 

Jungkook would ask Namjoon questions about Yoongi after their first meeting occasionally, he didn't want to be too obvious about his crush but Namjoon is not stupid. Namjoon told Jungkook whatever he wanted to know about  Yoongi as he watched him do his homework. Jungkook felt hopeless when he found out Yoongi was three years older, he was hoping he was the same age as Namjoon, but he's a year older. 

Jungkook sighs as he rolls out of bed and walks sluggishly to the bathroom to his wash his face. He looks in the mirror and feels dread wash over his body, he wanted to hide and never come back. Yoongi was probably looking at whatever words were on his body with a sleepy half smile right now. Jungkook the shower and got in.