Chapter 10

Written in the stars

TAEHYUNG

Months before getting that tattoo, Jungkook was anxious. Restless, not eating, distant. He wasn't himself at all. 

"Hey, it'll be alright. You love Yoongi. A tattoo won't change that." 

"But what if it does. It changed him." 

"You're a hard headed head . It won't." 

Now I'm not sure what was worse the before or the after. The night before his birthday he'd made me come over. That week was absolute . Finding out Yoongi meet the Park Jimin guy, and they'd been dating for a little over five months, killed Jungkook, but the tattoo really was the cherry on top. I still remember his face when he woke me up in the middle of the night. He was frantic, his eyes scared me, they were like a deer in the headlights before tragedy struck. He wanted to scream and he wanted to cry and I drove him somewhere he could do both. 

"I ing loved Yoongi." Jungkook panted through crying. I nodded as I held him close to my chest. Terrified he'd hurt himself. "There's someone out there for you..." I muttered instantly regretting my words. "It doesn't matter I only want him, Taehyung, but he has someone." Jungkook said his voice rough from screaming. "Now I have someone. And Christ did I pray I didn't." Jungkook sobbed and for a second I ing hated the world. For having me stand out here in the middle of god ing no where and try to put together what was left of my best friend. 

Months passed after that and Jungkook didn't wear short sleeves for a while. He didn't mention Yoongi or the tattoo either and I never asked. Not until it happened. 

We had just finished the last basketball game of the season, the last game of our high school career, when I saw it. Well I didn't see anything because there was no longer any words on his bicepps. "Jungkook!" I gasped and he didn't even look up as he pulled his shirt over his head, he knew. "Where is it?" I asked and he turned to look at me. I still don't know what to make of his expression. "It disappeared. " he said and I'm not sure how my body moved on its own but I was hugging him tight. I couldn't tell if he cried or not. "I guess I'm not meant for anybody." he sighed. I held him tighter. 

 

An update on Jungkook. Sorry for the angst I swear it won't be like this the whole time. I hope. But to clear things up if your soulmate dies your tattoo disappears.