Chapter 1

Written in the stars

 

YOONGI 

 

Eighteen. Yoongi was almost eighteen. The age everyone anticipated with much joy, except Yoongi. Eighteen was the age you would wake up and words would appear on your body. Tattooed in black letters curving down your spine or sitting pretty on your wrist. The words were unique to each owner. Unique in phrases and in place. Yoongi's mother had the words "Excuse me, miss." wrapped around her ankle. While his father had "oh, yes?" on his collarbone. These black letters were your soulmates first words spoken to you and Yoongi prayed the night before his eighteenth birthday that they did not appear.

"Hyung, how could you possibly not want this? Not want a soulmate!" Namjoon had asked confused and quite fired up. "I can't wait for the day I get mine!" Namjoon continued as he followed Yoongi through the bookstore. Yoongi ignored Namjoon, too tired to explain himself, again. As to why this whole "destined by fate soulmates" thing was total bull. He reached for the first college entrance exam practice book he saw and flipped through it hoping Namjoon would catch his drift and not press any further.

"Yoongi, it's someone who the universe chooses just for you! Someone who will love you no matter what! Thick and thin." Namjoon rambled using his hands to emphasize his words. Yoongi closes the book and glares. "I don't believe that's true love. You're not choosing that person, the ing universe is throwing them at you and you're expected to live together forever like a damn Disney movie." Yoongi hissed as he shoves the book into Namjoon's abdomen hard. Namjoon shook his head and sighed, he wouldn't press on not if he liked his head sitting on his shoulders. That of course didn't mean he won't  give Yoongi that disappointed look he hated more than having Namjoon whine at him.

Yoongi could not sleep that night, he tossed and he turned anxious to wake up. Would they come in the morning or would they appear as soon as he was asleep? How did this work and god can they just not appear? Was all Yoongi's thoughts consisted of. He didn't get any sleep until late in the night when it was almost early enough to call morning. He sighed as he finally felt his eyes tire and he drifted off to sleep. 

 

He woke up that morning jolted by a shock of electricity to his collarbone and raced to the mirror to look at it.

Hi, I'm Park Jimin.