Victoria's Secret Scammer

28 Days

Taehyung patted my head like I was his pet puppy.    
    "Good girl, now let's shake hands on it."

     I wake up in the graveyard at 12:00 AM. Is this a dream again? After travelling home, I get yelled at by my lovely parents, and crawled into bed. 
I guess I won't know until tomorrow...

     I execute my morning routine and arrive at school. Arriving to my locker. I see Jungkook walking by. Okay, this is for real. Time has reversed and Jeon Jungkook is alive. It is my duty to save him. And I have to be chill and not be a hyperventilating freak.

     I think to myself, But how am I supposed to interact with Jungkook normally? Saying hi definitely won't work and I'm not friends with any of his friends.
I look across the hall and notice the girl who sits next to Jungkook in English class, Ji Hee. Bingo. I walked towards her and her bimbo friends. I enthusiastically greet her.

"Hey Ji hee,"
Ji Hee ignored me and continues talking to her minions.
I tapped her shoulder. "Umm hi??"
Ji hee finally turns around.
"Oh wait, you were actually tryna talk to me?" she placed her perfectly manicured hand on her waist.
I stammered. "Uh yeah.. I can't really explain, but I really need to sit in your seat today."
"Won't happen," Ji Hee snorts and rolls her eyes.

I walk away, defeated. I decide to go into class and think of a plan. It's four minutes until class starts. Ugh what am i gonna do?

I looked around the classroom and observed most of the kids weren't there yet. The ones who were there had their heads on their desk or were using their phone. Mr. Kang was grading papers at his desk. He's usually absentminded and isn't attentive to his surroundings.

I went to the front of class near the wipe-board. I looked back to make sure no one was looking in my direction. I pick up an Expo marker and write in huge, bubbly letters on the board-

   VICTORIA'S SECRET IS SPONSORING    
BUSAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL!
  FIRST TEN TO GO TO CAFETERIA WINS CUSTOMIZED SEQUINED JACKETS

     It's a minute until class starts. Ji Hee and her crew stride in. They all turn their heads to look at the board, and unanimously put their hands over their mouths.

"Oh my gawd," Ji Hee squeaks.
      Mr. Kang rubs his balding head. "I don't remember writing this..guys there's 60 seconds til classes start I wouldn't suggest-
     Ji hee runs out the door. Most of the other girls follow after, alike to ducklings following their mother duck.

     I dash and sit beside Jungkook's seat before another preppy girl with overlined lips takes the seat. The bell rings 20 seconds later. 
     Jungkook strides in a few seconds late, doesn't look in my direction and sits beside me.
Why won't he acknowledge me?
     "Ok guys, please discuss with your table partner about your reaction of the chapter of The Great Gatsby you read last night," Mr Kang instructs.
Jungkook turns around and finally glances at me.

     "Uhh...eww I didn't even notice you..why the hell are you sitting next to me?" Jungkook groans.

     I put on a fake smile and respond to his rudeness with my greatest elegance. 
"Um, there's no assigned seats? And how did you not notice me?"
      Jungkook yawned from tiredness. His eyes had huge black circles under his eyes. How much sleep did he have last night?

"I usually ignore that Jisoo girl that sits next to me and try not to look in her direction."
     I raise my eyebrow up. "You mean Ji Hee?"
"Yeah, like I said Jisoo, Ji Hee same thing jeez," he grumbles. 
Oh my god, how more self centered he can be?
"So how about we talk about the book?" I asked.
"How about let's not..." he retorts.
"Ok... "

      It became awkwardly silent between us. Jungkook looks in the opposite direction of the room and I nervously tap my fingers on the desk.
     The bell rings and Jungkook's books are packed and he's ready to be the first to go. He gets up and begins departing the classroom.
     "Not so fast Mr Jeon. You aren't dismissed until I dismiss you. " Mr. Kang stops him. 
     He walks back to his seat next to me and outwardly groans.
     Mr Kang explains, "I want to remind you all that we have a project..you should know because it was on your syllabus. Partners will be based upon the people next to you."
" You have GOT to be kidding me!" Jungkook complains.

Everyone else chuckles, feeling bad he has to be partnered with me. He's a jerk, but what can I do? I bite my lip, to prevent myself from making a snarky comment.
Mr Kang commands, "Please exchange numbers with your classmate before you leave."
     Jungkook leaves from his seat without sparing a glance at me but I stop him. 
"Wait!! What about your number?" I exclaim.
Jungkook scratches his head and blankly states, "I actually don't have a cell phone."

I would feel bad for him, if I didn't remember him texting in the hallway 45 minutes ago, when class started.
I smile falsely at him and bear through my teeth. "Of course.. a cell phone isn't a luxury that we all can afford.." 
I hear a ping sound coming from his pocket, and a few classmates behind him giggled. I clench my fist.

"How about your email?" I ask.
Jungkook scowls and rips out a scrap piece of paper, and scrawls his email on there. 
     "It's a school email.. you should know it's the first three letters of my name and last name. After all these years, I thought you'd know you know how to spell my last name.. Jeez."
     He leaves the classroom. 
     I was completely exhausted and the day barely started yet.

    Several times throughout the day, I tried to greet Jungkook but he ignores me. Everybody finds me strange. I don't care. I'm on a mission. I was always one of the weird girls anyways. Who cares if I seemed a bit weirder than usual?

     It was finally lunch time. I buy some French Fries and juice from the school cafeteria. It wasn't the best food, but I didn't have a car to drive to local food places. I planned to sit alone. Bora and the few friends I had didn't share a lunch period with me. Not a big deal.

The school had some outside tables which was nice. I found a small, unoccupied table and began devouring my lunch. 
      I was about to put a fry into my mouth when I overheard a conversation. It was Ji Hee's group of friends from English class, alongside some girls I didn't recognize.

     "Don't worry Ji Hee. We'll find the culprit behind the crime," An, promised. An is Ji Hee's best friend, who basically agrees with everything Ji Hee says.
      I put my food down and tried my best to listen.   What crime were they talking about?
     "Ugh, I just can't believe someone would create such a cruel prank like that. Lying about sequined jackets? Whoever it was certainly doesn't have a heart."  
     The girls murmured in agreement. Oh my gosh, they were talking about me.

     "I swear I'll make that person's life a living hell. He or she thinks they can treat us as baffoons?" Ji Hee was enraged. 
    An pats her arm, assuringly. "Don't worry we'll find the identity of the Victoria's Secret Scammer."

Blood rushed to my head. Damn, one day into my supernatural mission, and I'm already #1 Wanted from the girls in our grade! What other obstacles will I face?

     After the girls past by me, I see Jungkook resting his arm upon his car, looking in my direction. His lips were pouted, his eyes were narrowed and his head was tilted. Was he smiling at me? No, he was smirking. I scratched my head. But why would he be smirking at me?

Did he pull a prank? I look down at my clothes and everything seemed fine. I checked my backpack and there were no suspicious substances and my books weren't missing. Then what could it be...
     I glanced back at Jungkook. He was waving to Ji Hee and her friends, signaling them to walk over to his car. Ji Hee shrieked, then she ran over to give him a hug. They begin whispering and Jungkook points over to me. She turns around and gives me a scowl. He's still whispering and Ji Hee's glare becomes more intense. She crosses her arms and she looks pissed.

     Oh Dear Lord. Jungkook probably knows what I did this morning. And he just told Ji Hee.
    Well, at least I finally caught Jeon Jungkook's attention.