Coffee

28 Days

  My eyes widen.

      "You're that guy from the other night. Namjoon!"

       He rolled his eyes, like I was stating the obvious.

       "Glad you can finally recognize this pretty face, sweetie."

 

 

 

     "Well I saw you like 12 hours ago, so of course I was going to remember you..."

       "I wouldn't sass a guy with a gun." Namjoon presses the gun deeper in my thigh.

 

     "Wh-What do you want from me?"

       Namjoon whispers into my ear, "I want you to play one of my favorite games with me...hmm will you?"

 

        "Y-yes." I whisper.

        "Louder," Namjoon demands.

        "Yes, I will!" I exclaim.

        "Say you'll be my good girl."

         I roll my eyes.

       "Are you for real?"

       "I could shoot you right now, shoot this whole cafe up, and pay off the police to forget about it."

        "Fine." I huff.

        "I'll be a good girl for you, Namjoon." I looked straight into his eyes when I said it even though it was beyond humiliating.

 

      "Great." He doesn't remove the nozzle of the gun from my thigh, but he isn't pressing as hard.

       "What do you want to know about me?" I ask.

       "Easy there, tiger we didn't even order anything yet. You and Bora have been starving with no caffeine." He pretended to sympathize. 

      "Well the line's really long so we wanted to wait,"

I attempted to explain calmly.

      "Not a problem," Namjoon chuckles.

 

      "Ay Chung, we're ready to order!" He says to Mrs. Chung disrespectfully, without any honorifics.

       Her face turns pale as soon as she sees Namjoon and excuses herself from the counter. She takes her notepad out from her apron.

        "N-Namjoon, my favorite customer. What can I get for you?"

        "I didn't know that Mrs. Chung even took orders at tables..." I mutter to myself.

       "Well I am her favorite customer so she'll even give us the drinks for free. Right, Mrs. Chung?" 

       She nods pathetically. "Of course just for you Namjoon."

 

        I clench my fists but don't say anything. I didn't want Mrs. Chung to receive consequences as a result of my anger.

        "Bora, my girl, what do you want?" Hoseok teases.

         "N-nothing," she squeaks like a mouse. 

         "Order or the bullet goes straight through your skull." Namjoon demands.

         "A small cup of plain coffee, please!" She cries, covering her hands in front of her face.

 

         Yoongi, Hoseok and Jin ask for their orders with no shame.

          "And what about you sweetie? Oh wait I already know her favorite," Namjoon chuckles.

          "A caramel iced caramel latte with whipped cream. Medium, right?"

         My jaw dropped.

 

        "How would you even know?" My voice was barely audible.

         "I've not been stalking you, don't flatter yourself. But I admit that I have been paying people to watch you and update me."

        "But that IS stalking!" I exclaim.

 

       "Aw. Little tiger getting awfully brave aren't we?"

         I roll my eyes with the nickname. First he repeatedly calls me "sweetie" then "tiger"?

           Namjoon turns towards Mrs. Chung.

           "I'll share with y/n. Want to know what's so great about that drink, since she always has it." He rolls his eyes.

 

        "Of course. I'll make it as fast as possible." Mrs. Chung bows and goes behind the counter, making the drinks at an inhuman speed.

 

        With one hand, Namjoon begins toying with my hair and the other, he keeps the gun against my upper thigh.

        She returns with the drinks.

       "Go on, drink it Bora," Hoseok giggles.

       Bora doesn't argue and drinks her coffee.

 

       "What's your first question," I ask meekly.

        "Hmm let's start this game with a bang. Why are you so interested in our Jungkookie?"

        Of course this is what it's about.

        "How do you know Jungkook?" I ask, genuinely curious.

         "You answer my question and I'll answer yours." Namjoon commands.

 

            I wanted to answer truthfully-I noticed he had some suicidal signs and I'm looking after him, as a friend. But something about Namjoon's aura told me I couldn't tell him. That he'd use the truth against me.

       "I have a crush on him."

        Bora spits out her drink on the table.

        "Nasty. Both Bora and y/n's crush on Jungkook are nasty," Yoongi grimaces.

 

         Namjoon his head to the side. 

        "Really? That's all that it's about?"

         "I answered your question, now you answer mine," I use his phrase against him.

         "Well, Jungkook is apart of the Bangtan Boys-"

          "So?" I cut him off.

         "And I'm the leader of the Bangtan Boys."

          Bora spits out her coffee once again.

          "Remind me to never drink or eat with you ever." Yoongi gags.

 

          I don't blame Bora for spitting out her drink. The leader of the Bangtan Boys' identity has been kept secret for years. He was known as RM. There's been rumors about RM-he's the heir of a billion dollar empire and is awfully cruel. He has jealous enemies who'd even kill him if they knew his identity.

         I couldn't even respond back because I was so shocked.

        "Now let me ask more questions. Why do you have a crush on Jungkook?" Namjoon asked.

         I tried to come up with the best sob story possible.

 

        "Well Jungkook has been a jerk to me for years and I originally hated it. But recently, his bullying . So I became a lot more interested in his life and follow him around like a love-sick loser."

         Jin whistled. "Damn, this girl is straight forward."

 

        "What about Taehyung then?" 

        My heart pounded a 100 miles per hour at the mention of his name.

        "What about him?"

        "My detectives saw him crawl into your window last night. He didn't leave until morning. He's just a friend?"

 

         "He's my boyfriend," I admit pathetically.

         "But you have a crush on Jungkook, correct?" I nod.

         "And you've been showing interest in Jungkook...so you're torn between two men?"

 

         Even though Namjoon didn't know everything about my life, he was spot on. I did feel something for Jungkook. Besides my mission, I felt butterflies in my stomach every time he smiled. As much as I kept lying to myself, I did have a crush on him. But I also felt something for Taehyung too.

         It was like Namjoon was reading my mind. 

 

       "So according to that logic...you're a ?"

 

        Jin slams his fist against the table. "Namjoon. You've crossed the line!"

        Namjoon chortles. "So I threaten y/n with a gun and you don't say anything but now that I called her what she actually is, it's crossing the line?"

 

       Jin tried to explain. "We all knew you were just rattling her up with this game, but now you're being cruel. She isn't that word."

       Hoseok nods, meekly.

      "But isn't a someone who tries to get into more than one guy's pants? Someone who isn't loyal to her boyfriend? Or is "" the appropriate term?"

       "C'mon man..." Yoongi sighs.

 

       "Jungkook is so naive for letting the local ruin his life." Namjoon states blankly.

         The rest of the Bangtan Boys don't say anything. I don't blame them because it's true. I'm surprised they defended me at all.

 

        "Go on, sip your drink, sweetie," 

        I don't refuse and obey his demand.

       "Hmm, I'm curious what a 's drink tastes like..." Namjoon sips it and sighs.

        "You got good taste. It's sweet. I wonder if your lips are sweet....perhaps I could bring the local home as well..." He inches closer.

 

       "What the hell, Namjoon. What are you doing?" A deep voice booms in front of the table.

 

      Namjoon smirks. 

      "Why isn't it my favorite brother, Jungkook."