Fake Dating

28 Days

       "I need you to help me prepare for a party. And you're coming with me as my date."

 

     "Oh heck no..." I shake my head in fear.

      Jungkook rolls his eyes. "Incoming in 3, 2, 1...."

     "I have a boyfriend!" I yelled at him.

      "I know, calm down, sis," Jungkook pats me on the back.

 

       I take a sip from a bottle of water that's next to me.

       "Okay I'm calm. Explain," I crossed my arms across my chest.

 

        "There's going to be a company party. And I need you to be date for that night."

       "Why me? Why can't you get someone else to accompany you?"

      "Because my dad and brother feel like you're using me for money or fame or something. They know that our financial situations aren't the same and there's been tons of people who've uh, used me in the past. If I introduce you as my date, they'll understand we're serious and you actually care for me."

      "So you're asking me to fake date you for one night...I don't think I can do that," I honestly replied.

 

      "Why not?" Jungkook pouts.

      "Because your family is a lot more powerful than mine. Your brother owns a goddamn gun. I don't want to die, man."

 

      "Look my dad has been urging me to date for years. And now Namjoon told him all about you. If my family feels you aren't worthy to be in my life, something bad might happen to you. But if you tell them you're my girlfriend, my dad and brother might back off."

       "What'll happen if I don't go?" I ask.

       "They'll make sure to completely cut you from my life. They don't understand that we're just friends. If you don't go to this company dinner as my date, they'll think you aren't serious with me."

 

      I roll my eyes. "So? What's wrong if I'm not serious with you? Has your family heard about girls that are friends? Just because we hang out, doesn't mean we're getting ual benefits from each other."

      "Yeah...but my dad and brother don't see it that way. I've had a lot of friends that girls, but they've never seen me holding their hand or carrying them..."

      "How the heck did they know about us? Security cameras around the city or something?" I snort.

       "Perhaps," Jungkook sighs.

 

         I massage my temples. 

         "I still don't know, Jungkook..."

         "Look, Namjoon promised to back off, too. So you'll definitely be safe from him. Just lie that you broke up with Taehyung, fake date me for that night, and then you can go back to Taehyung. They just want confirmation that we're something serious, and then they'll leave you alone. If you don't..."

       "I'll be completely cut from your life. Your family wouldn't want me to hang out with you." I realized. 

        Jungkook nods.

 

       "Just give me some time to at least think about it," I tell Jungkook.

       "Okay, I'll just hit up the hotel gym. See you in 2 hours." He grabs a duffel bag filled with his gym clothes, his towel and his wallet and he heads out. 

 

       I lie down and put the covers over my head.

       So what should I do? What is the morally justified action to take?

        Jungkook thinks I'm dating Taehyung, and technically I am dating him, although we pretended our relationship is not real in front of Jungkook. It's complicated-originally we fake dated to catch Jungkook's attention, but then I actually started liking Taehyung and Taehyung also felt that way. 

        So wasn't I actually dating Taehyung? If I went with Jungkook to the party...wouldn't that be considered cheating?

 

      Taehyung and I weren't an official thing. I'm not even sure if we're exclusive yet. But wouldn't it hurt Taehyung if I fake dated Jungkook? But if I refuse to go to party with Jungkook...I won't be able to interact with Jungkook anymore.

       If I can't be around him, how will I be able to prevent Jungkook from hurting himself or even worse...taking his own life?

       That's it. I've finally made my decision.

 

        I'll do everything in my power to help and stay by Jungkook's side. When I see Taehyung again, I'll tell him everything. He should be sympathetic because Jungkook is his half brother and he was the one who wanted me to join this mission in the first place. If he gets angry and wants nothing to do with me, I'll be heartbroken but I won't regret it.

             Saving someone's life is much more important than any romance in this world.

 

         I stay in bed and Jungkook finally comes back. He's dressed in completely different outfit-a white turtle neck, blue patterned jacket, jeans and red converse. I guess he changed his clothes at the gym.

 

 

 

        "So what have you decided?" Jungkook asked.

         "Guess we'll be boyfriend and girlfriend for one night," I told him.

      "Really? This is fantastic!" He smiles mischievously. 

       "Uh, yeah I guess it'll be awkward, but you're not that bad of a guy and I don't want us to be completely cut off from each other."

      Jungkook smiles. "Yeah you ain't that bad either."

 

      "So, what day will the party be?"

        "Friday."

        "I hope I'll be better by then...wouldn't want to limp around during the festivity."

        Jungkook starts freaking out.

       "Oh my gosh, that reminds me. I got a present for you!!"

 

        "Really? This is the best news I've gotten today. What's the present?"

       "Close your eyes!"

       I follow Jungkook's instructions.

       "Okay open!"

       I open them and Jungkook is holding a pair of crutches and in front of him is a wheelchair.

 

       "Tada! Don't you love it!" 

        I roll my eyes. "Yes, Jungkook thanks for giving me tools I'll be able to use to transport myself. You are truly an angel from above."

      Jungkook doesn't even notice the sarcasm or disappointment from my voice. Or he pretends not to care.

      He's too excited about the wheel chair and crutches. He begins walking around the room with the crutches, showing me it's not that hard to use them.

 

      I grab them and try to walk around, too but I just felt so drained.

      Jungkook sighs. "It's fine, we'll just use the wheelchair today. But I want you to be walking as soon as possible."

      I nod. "So do I, Jungkook."

 

     Out of nowhere, my stomach begins rumbling very loud.

     "You hungry?" Jungkook snorts.

     "To be honest...yeah. And I'm in the mood for real food. The fruit is great and all but hot a plate of bulgogi would be nice," I admitted.

      Jungkook grabs the phone.

      "That's great I'll call room service."

      "No, I want to go downstairs and grab some food from one of the hotel restaurants. If you don't mind," I shyly requested.

 

      "It's all good," Jungkook smiled.

       Jungkook hands me some clothes and shows me to the bathroom so I can freshen up and shower. It's not that difficult as I thought it would be. 

      When I'm done, I limp to the living room.

       I sit in the wheelchair and Jungkook opens the door for me. We exit the hotel suite and get inside the elevator. Jungkook uses his phone and I stretch my arms above my head.

       My body felt still so weak, that even rolling the wheelchair was difficult for my arms. How pathetic.

 

        Jungkook notices me stretching.

        "I can push the wheelchair for you. Just for today. Or at least until we sit at the table."

       "Wow thanks! Yeah, to be honest that would be helpful."

 

       We reach the first floor and Jungkook pushes my wheelchair to the restaurants. 

       "If you don't mind, can we not go to a fancy place? Just a fast food restaurant where we order and wait on the line and grab our food would be great. No waiters or anything extra like that."

      Jungkook chuckles.

       "Sure." He pushes the wheelchair to one of the cheaper restaurants. We order our food and I sit on my wheelchair, in the line awaiting for our meal.

 

       As I'm waiting, I feel someone wrap their arms around me from behind. Their arms were wrapped lowly around my neck, and mouth nuzzling my nape.

       I turn around and it's Jungkook.

 

       "Uh, what are you doing?" I choke.

       "It's just practice for the party, Friday night." Jungkook assures me, rubbing my arm.

        "Sure, but we really don't need practice."

        Jungkook snorts. "Okay, but it's not like you're dating anyone. You don't have to feel guilty."

      I roll my eyes. "Do you have short term memory loss? Me and Taehyung are-"

       Jungkook cuts me off.

       "In a fake relationship. I know it was all a lie."