Oh My Lucifer

28 Days

  "Satan sort of despises him because Jungkook is one of the two sons of the only woman he ever loved."

    "And who would that woman be?" I asked.

    "My mother."

 

    "What do you mean? This was a plot twist I did NOT expect." I crouch down and sit on the pavement, to prevent myself from freaking out.

 

    "Are you saying that you and Jungkook...are brothers?" I spit out.

 

    "Sort of. More like half brothers..." Taehyung scratches his head, thinking of a delicate way to rationalize the situation.

 

    "I'm so confused. Please explain." I thought Taehyung barely even knew who Jungkook was. But apparently they're family?

 

     "Once upon a 23 years ago, Satan fell in love with a mere mortal, Mina. Also known as my mother. Satan was a bit of a womanizer, but Mina really hit his heart. Well lack of heart, if you know what I'm saying," he cackles and raises his hand towards me for a high five.

 

     I raise my eyebrow.

 

    Taehyung coughs awkwardly.

    "Anyways, Satan finally seduces Mina, they date and then you know what happened..."

    "No I really don't."

 

     Taehyung begins humming a tune, while doing an iconic kpop dance. 

     "Do you know the song that goes 'Yeogi Buteora?" 

     "Bang bang bang."

     "Yeah that's what my parents did."

      I smack Taehyung on the shoulder.

      "Dude!" I yell.

 

     "And then came me, the beautiful and majestic Taehyung!" He began twirling around and doing excessive amounts of aegyo.

     "So that would mean you're half devil, half human?" I ask.

     "Yup, pretty much." Taehyung shrugs his shoulders.

     "What about Jungkook?"

 

    "He's completely human. Not an inch of supernatural power in him. Extra plus ordinary."

   "He doesn't even know about any of this?" I ask.

    "Nope. As far as he knows, I'm just your boyfriend.  He has no idea about who I am and has no idea about our mother's past with Satan," Taehyung explains.

 

     "So you're basically the half super natural brother living in the Underworld and Jungkook knew nothing about this, and resided on Earth?" I ask.

 

    "Bingo! You catch on fast y/n." Taehyung pats me on the back to congratulate me.

 

     "But why would Satan want Jungkook dead? Isn't Jungkook one of his sons?" 

 

    "And this is where you become slow again." Taehyung rolls his eyes and sighs. 

     "Like I told you before, Jungkook is my half brother. Which means although we have the same mother, our fathers are completely different." Taehyung explains.

 

     "I bet Jungkook's father is really nice..." I hoped.

     Taehyung snorts. "Sure. You imagine that sweetie."

    "How would you know?" I cross my arms.

    "I've heard stories from my own dad..."

    "Can I know those stories?" I ask.

     "Nah, y/n. You already know more than enough about our lives."

    "But I'm curious. Why would Satan want Jungkook to leave Earth? What would that benefit him?" I was puzzled.

 

     Taehyung sighs. "Y/n do I have to spell everything out for you?" 

 

     "Jungkook is the only other son of the only woman Satan loves. But this son comes from a different father. You do the math."

 

     "Um, Satan still cares for you and Jungkook equally?" I ask with optimism.

 

      "You are really naive. I used to think it was cute, but now you're just getting on my nerves." Taehyung cringed and exhaled a deep breath.

 

     "My evil father is barely capable of caring. I'm surprised he even could act romantic towards someone. Jungkook's father seduced Mina away from Satan. Satan wants revenge. What would be the best way to get revenge?" He asks. Taehyung doesn't wait for me to reply. 

 

      "If Jungkook's father stole Mina away from Satan, then he could avenge himself by taking one of his own progeny and dragging him to Hell."

 

    "Jungkook wouldn't even get to Hell. His soul is purer than a block of gold." I pumped my fist in the air.

    "OH, if only if you knew. You don't know how much sins Jungkook has upon his shoulders." Taehyung chuckles.

 

     "Impossible. Besides me, Jungkook wouldn't even hurt a fly. And I forgive him for everything." 

     "Y/n do you really forgive him? Honestly?" Taehyung walks towards me, invading my personal space.

     "Uh of course I do. I want to save him so I have to forgive him," I explained my reasoning.

 

     "Do you remember how much pain he's caused you in the past? Do you remember how he used to be a source of happiness for you but then became your daily pain? And you still forgive him?" Taehyung hovers over me and stares deep into my eyes.

     "I do." I whispered.

     "Doesn't sound like it," Taehyung snorts and turns away.

 

    "But Jungkook is an underage high school student. He's too young to be accounted for everything. All of his sins will be forgiven. I know it..." I shifted one foot to the other, nervously.

     "It doesn't really matter anyway. Satan would give up a thousand souls to Heaven just to take Jungkook down with him." Taehyung shuddered.

 

     "Can it really work that way?" I ask.

     "Of course. Heaven's goal is to get everyone saved from their sins meanwhile Satan's is the complete opposite. He wouldn't mind giving up a few souls though, to get his ultimate revenge."

 

     "And what good would that be? What would make him so happy about bringing Jungkook to Hell?" I rested my hand on my hip.

 

     "Satan would be able to taint his soul with greater darkness. It would be my father's pleasure to destroy Jeon Jungkook's soul."

 

     There was nothing else to say. Now I absolutely needed to save Jungkook's life. I had to make sure his life was as long as possible. Satan wanted to make his afterlife miserable also.

 

     "But Taehyung why do you care so much? How does this benefit you?" I was perplexed.

 

     "Although I barely know him, Jungkook is my baby bro. We share the same blood. I think he deserves a second shot at living life to the fullest, even though I didn't really live one at all."

 

      "But you're half human. And you're still here on Earth. Aren't you living?" I ask.

    Taehyung snorts. "Yeah sure, if you mean collecting souls and bringing them back to the Underworld since I was a child is a life, yeah sure I lived."

 

    "Gosh I'm so sorry."

    "No I'm sorry y/n." Taehyung sighs.

     "What do you mean? It's my absolute pleasure to help save Jungkook's life! I know he's a good guy on the inside," I say.

 

     "No I mean I'm sorry for what's going to happen after I dragged you into this mess." Taehyung hits his palm against his forehead.

 

      He continues, "Like I said before, there are demons that are following us. And there will be even more who will follow and torment you. They'll do everything in their power to stop you from saving Jungkook."

 

     "C'mon I've dealt with Ji Hee, how much worse can demons from the UnderWorld be?" I rested my arms behind my head and smile cockily.

 

    "They'll hurt you..they may even try to kill you." Taehyung exclaims, waving his arms back and forth to emphasize the danger of the situation.

     "Yup that's exactly what Ji Hee did. So they're on Ji Hee's level. I can handle that." I challenged.

 

    "Damn, I wish I could have your confidence," Taehyung raised his eyebrow, looking impressed.

     "Yup I'm pretty cool."

    "And modest too.." Taehyung mutters sarcastically. 

     "What?"

     "Oh nothing.

 

    "So you really think you can defeat these monsters?" Taehyung asks.

     "Heck no, but I gotta try right? I'm sure Jungkook would have done the same for me too."

     "I hope so, because honey you got a big storm coming."

     "I can handle the storm." Besides, Jungkook is my rain.

 

     "Well, I gotta go." Taehyung says.

     "Why?" I ask. 

     "Even thought my father is angry at me and he's sent all these demons to spy on us, my job still calls for me."

 

     "Oh right, collecting souls from Earth and sending them off to the Underworld." I recall.

     "Precisely." He looks at his watch and begins freaking out.

      "Oh my Lucifer, if I don't run now I'm gonna be late for the bus! I need to go to the town over to obtain the soul I need. There's not enough energy for me to teleport today, ugh." 

     He begins running away in the opposite direction. I give him a farewell goodbye. Taehyung finally disappeared from my sight.

 

     I realized that the sunset had just passed, and it was completely dark out. It's going to take me an hour to walk back home from where I am. I really need to save up for my own car.

 

     Stuffing my hands into my pockets, I began walking my path home. I bury my chin deeper into Jungkook's scarf. It's definitely getting a bit chillier. 

 

     My phone begins to vibrate so I take it out from my pocket. The screen was black, except for a battery symbol that displayed it needed charging.

 

 

 

     My phone was completely dead. And I don't have a wireless charger on me. So I'm basically screwed.

 

     I could go to Jungkook's house to borrow his charger...but he kicked me out before because of his Dad. He'll probably just force me out again.

     This situation isn't that terrible. I'll just be bored when I'm walking home with no music or apps to occupy me. 

 

     And I won't be able to call my parents if anything bad happens..but nothing could happen in a wealthy neighborhood in Korea. I should be completely safe.

     Right?