Fault

28 Days

Taehyung turns around and we make eye contact. I notice the fear in his eyes for being caught- but not the regret. His hair was messily tousled, his lips bright red, but he had this radiant glow. He clearly didn't regret the kiss at all.

       He clearly didn't regret cheating on me.

Jimin finally opened his eyes and saw me too.

"Y/n," Taehyung called my name, but I slammed the door and ran before I could hear him continue.

       Tears streamed down my face. All I could see was the blurry vision of the empty hallway with multiple doors. All I could hear was the cracking sound of my heart. All I could feel was this cold heaviness in my body. And all I could think about was...

       How happy Taehyung looked kissing Jimin. How his face had this brilliant radiance after kissing him, that I've never seen him had with me. That passion they had holding each other was something I could only dream of. I really didn't mean anything to him.

I continued running down the hallway until I bumped my head into a hard figure.

      "Ow," I cried, rubbing my head. Great now not just my heart was hurting.

       I heard Jungkook's voice. "Y/n, I've been looking for you everywhere-wait are you alright?" He ruffled my hair.

      "Yes, I'm fine." I sniffled.

       Jungkook nodded. "Okay, good. For a second there, I thought-"

      "You silly goose! Look at how messed up my makeup is, my mascara running down my cheeks! And now on top of that, my head hurts from hitting against your body! Of course I'm not fine, how could you think that? Are you that stupid?" I go off at him, senselessly.

      Jungkook raises his hands, his palms facing towards me. "Sorry. This is clearly my fault."

"No. It's not your fault." I let out a deep breath and sit down on a bench. He plops down beside me.

"It's my fault for trusting people." A pathetic tear fell onto my cheek. Hesitantly, Jungkook wipes it away with his finger.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

      I shake my head. "No, tonight was supposed to be your special night. I can't believe you were holding in so many secrets, and you finally let it out. Please tell me what happened after I was escorted out-"

"But not just my night is important. Yours is too. Your existence is important, and so are your problems," Jungkook tells me.

      "I just don't want to talk about myself... I don't want to be a burden," I sigh.

      "You barely do talk about yourself. I've told you so much, and yet you barely tell about your secrets. Allowing me to know about what's going on in your mind...it would be a privilege."

       I smiled cheekily. "I'm undeserving to be in your presence, Jungkook. You're too sweet."

Jungkook puts his hand on my shoulder. "That's exactly how I feel about you."

I'm entranced by his gaze for a few seconds and abruptly look away. "Well, I guess I should start out with the terrible truth. Taehyung cheated on me."

"Your fake boyfriend?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

I groan and put my hand through my hair. "It's complicated. First, we pretended to date for awhile. Then, we both confessed to each other and decided we would continue seeing each other after that."

Jungkook nods. "Oh. Well, did Taehyung ask you to be his girlfriend?"

"No, we only admitted we liked each other and then saw each other romantically," I explained.

"So it wasn't ever official?" Jungkook asked.

My face burned up. "No, but what he did was-"

"So Taehyung never officially was your boyfriend. Then how could he be cheating on you, if you guys weren't even exclusive to each other yet?"

I was outraged from his blunt words. "Are you taking his side?" I sputtered.

      "No. But all I'm saying is Taehyung didn't cheat because you guys weren't even exclusive to each other yet."

      I groan. "But it still hurts... a lot. I thought I meant something to him. I thought our kisses meant something to each other."

      "So how long has it been since you guys starting dating and seeing each other romantically?" Jungkook places his chin in the palm of his hand.

I stared at the ground. "Five days..."

      Jungkook snorts. "Five freaking days, and yet you're acting like you've been divorced from the love of your life!"

      I scooted away from him. "You don't understand... I really liked him. I really thought he was the one for me.."

"Oh, well how long have you known each other? Is he a longtime childhood friend of yours?" Jungkook wondered.

       "We met ten days ago..."

Jungkook can't stop cackling. "Let me get this straight. You haven't even known this guy for two weeks, you've been dating for him for five days- four of those days were spent with me and not him by the way-and he kisses someone else not even one week into the relationship? And you think he's the 'one'."

I nod, pathetically.

"Sorry for laughing. But I can't fathom that you'd be so heartbroken over a guy you barely know." He shakes his head.

"You're right. I guess I barely did know him. But I never felt that way about a guy before."

     "Don't worry, when you're a teenager, short lasting relationships hurt a lot. All of your feelings of lust and sadness are intensified when you're young . The heartbreak will go away." Jungkook places his arm around me, assuringly.

      "I don't know if it will. In such a short time, Taehyung taught me a lot and changed my perspectives on so many things... he'll always mean so much to me."

"So perhaps you were meant to meet him, you were meant to learn those things, but he isn't the one for you," Jungkook explained.

I look up to the sky. "I don't know. It hurts a hell lot, but it's not like my feelings have completely disappeared either."

"So perhaps you can talk to him about it. Maybe it was just a one time thing, and you guys could resolve it and get back together?" Jungkook suggested.

I let out a deep breath. "You don't understand... I don't think it was just a random hook up. The way Taehyung kissed Jimin... it seems they have a lot of history together. And I'm just a short interruption to their eternal bond."

Jungkook interrupted me. "Wait, Taehyung kissed Jimin? They guy who volunteered to dance with you and you seemed strangely mesmerized him awhile ago?"

I nod.

"Huh, the universe works strangely. Small world then, or perhaps Jimin knew about you from Taehyung and wanted to get to know you beforehand... situation seems sketchy."

"Yeah, welcome to my sketchy life." I laugh weakly.

      "Oh, there's them over there," Jungkook points at Taehyung and Jimin across the hallway, who seemed to be in a really intense discussion.

      "Oh, hell no." I got up, and ran away in the opposite direction from them.

       "Y/n!" Jungkook calls out, but I don't stop running until a few minutes and enter a neutral gender bathroom.

I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. I felt nauseous and about to faint from seeing Taehyung after our encounter. Or perhaps it was something I consumed earlier that was making me feel that way...

Jungkook finally catches up to me and enters the bathroom . He places his hands on my shoulders. "I understand that you're really hurt, but you can't keep running from your problems like this-"

"And you shouldn't have came here," I weakly stated.

"What do you mean? C'mon we're friends-"

"We are friends but please step away from me." I calmly begged of him.

"No, I'm not going to leave you-"

"Your mistake," I said before I vomited up my insides. All over Jungkook's shoes.

"Ew!!!" Jungkook shrieks.

"See, I told you to step away." I wiped my mouth.

       Jungkook groans. "Great, now the front of my shoes are completely ruined." He steps out of them and tries to clean them in the sink, but it was no use. They were wrecked and completely stinky.

     He throws the shoes in the waste basket, and joins me cleaning the floor with paper towels.

      "You don't have to help me..." I sigh.

      "No, I was the one who peer pressured you to drink alcohol. Of course, there was going to be nasty after effects and I'm going to take responsibility for it."

      "I'm really sorry for what happened to your shoes," I pouted.

      "Actually, they were on sale when we bought at that cheap store we went together. Not much money was wasted, so don't feel bad about it," he assured me.

The floor looked spotless after our teamwork together cleaning. Jungkook calls a janitor though, to ensure the floor was perfectly sanitary.

We washed our hands left the bathroom. I sigh. "I'm such a mess..."

"I also am. We're messes together."

I laugh. "I need to stay single for awhile. I broke a rule me and my friend made to never date in high school and look what has happened! I ain't gonna broke that rule again. College is where the fine boys are at." I tell him.

"So you really won't ever date until college," Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

"Yup."

       "Sure most guys our age are jerks, but you'll be definitely missing out," Jungkook crossed his arms.

     "Believe me, I won't be. Thank god I have a friend like you though," I confess to him.

      "You have Bora, too."

     "Yeah, but you're a bit different from her. You were first my friend years ago, then you turned into my enemy.. and now we're friends again."

"What a plot twist.. wonder what comes next..."

"Me, too." We walk side by side each other.

"So.. are you gonna forgive Bora?" Jungkook asked me.

"Yeah I don't really blame her. It's not her fault she had a crush on Namjoon and he manipulated her crush for his own game." I sigh.

     "I'm sorry that you've been betrayed multiple times tonight. And I couldn't really be there for you," Jungkook shakes his head.

     "Don't apologize for something you didn't do. All I learned was how powerful the emotion of love is."

      Jungkook nods. "Love is so dangerous. Love can save you or completely destroy you."

We walk side by side like that, for a few minutes.

"So what do we do now? Are we gonna go home since the party ended?" I ask. I was beyond tired, both physically and emotionally.

"Well... actually the night isn't over yet," Jungkook fumbled with his thumbs.

"Huh, really? After all that craziness, there's still more to do?" I'm bewildered.

"Although the formal ballroom event is over, there's still the after party everyone went to," he explained.

I groan, still light-headed. "You must be kidding me!"

"Are you ready for the second festivity of our night?" Jungkook takes his hand out.

Reluctantly, I grab his hand. "Not really, but I'll do anything for you, Jeon Jungkook."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Check out my other story "The Cowardly Warrior" on my profile! Taehyung is the main lead and the main girl is a badass fighter, who will become a secret hero in her kingdom! When 28 Days ends, that's the story I'm going to update most frequently! :)