Family Reunion

28 Days

"Nice to meet you, Jimin. I'm y/n." I point to myself.

"I know," Jimin nods his head and he openly checks me out from head to toe.

"How would you know?" I raise my eyebrow

"Um, uhh. You have a very pretty name!" Jimin pathetically tried to change the subject.

I'm weirded out but there's still something about Jimin makes me want to trust him. There's a certain aura around him that makes me perceive him as...pure.

"Thanks...So ready to dance, Park Jimin?" I ask him.

      Jimin grabs my hand and pulls me towards him.

      "Sure, y/n." He twirls me around.

      "Woah a bit fancy there," I'm astonished by his smoothness.

"Are you a dancer?" I asked, as he holds my hand with one hand, and places his other hand slightly above my waist.

"Isn't everyone a dancer, once they've at least danced once and they've liked it? And you are clearly enjoying this... so you must be a dancer also," Jimin inferenced.

I shake my head and laugh. "No need to get all philosophical on me. I just wanted to know if you were a professional."

"I haven't ever taken classes, but I like to free style in my free time." He holds me and slowly dips my head back in the air. This guy is a pro.

"You're more than just a freestyler. You've had tons of practice. Did someone teach you?" I ask.

"Yeah, someone did teach me. And practiced with me as well..." Jimin sighs.

"Who?" I wondered.

"A past lover," Jimin winked.

        It feels I can trust everything Jimin says. Sure, he may have been lying, but his genuine smile displayed so much sincerity.

      Jimin feels like a close childhood friend, although we've only spoken for a few minutes. I feel I can ask him anything.

"So Jimin... what are you exactly doing here?" I studied his perfectly sculpted face. He's too beautiful to be compared to most men from Busan.

"Doing where? On earth? Isn't that a question we're all asking ourselves..." He muttered.

"No, Jimin. I mean, at the party. Are you a supermodel or something? Why are you here?" I was curious of his intentions.

"No, im not a supermodel... but I am someone important. I'm here to deliver something for someone." He replied, honestly.

       "What exactly?" I asked.

        "Wouldn't you like to know..." The song has ended, and Jimin seems distracted by someone he sees in the crowd.

"Until next time, y/n," Jimin bends down and kisses the back of my hand again. He lets go and departs.

"Wait!" I yell and was about to chase him, before Jungkook steps in front of me and blocks my path.

      He crosses his arms and huffs. "Okay, y/n I understand your dance partner was hot and all, but I'm your actual date. So pay attention to me," he pouted. "Please."

I laugh when he starts begging. "Of course... it's just that guy has an interesting aura...I really want to figure him out."

      "So? What about me? I'm pretty interesting. Much more fascinating than that short mochi," He sputters.

I snort. "You're interesting in your own way... but this guy." I dreamily sigh and look at him directly.

"Jungkook, have you ever met someone in a short time, even just for a few minutes, and you know they're supposed to be in your life? That this person... is the missing piece, the answer to all of your problems?"

Jungkook gulps and nods. "Yeah. There's one person."

       I raise my eyebrow. "Really? Tell me about this individual."

       Jungkook shyly looks away. "They distract me a lot. But in a good way. They've distracted me from my pain. For a long time."

I nod, holding onto to every single word.

"But this person probably thought my presence was a burden. I need them... but my existence is a torment to them. I'm better off with them, than they are better without me. So perhaps I should leave them and set them free."

His confession left me a longing, empty feeling.

"Jungkook don't say that. You're not a burden! You're a gift," I grab his arm and try to get him to face me. He avoids my gaze.

      I bite my lip and ask him what feared me the most. "Jungkook...is it possible... that the person you're talking about is-"

        "Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats!" The DJ instructed.

Jungkook grabs my arms. "Y/n, please go to the table without me. I have to do something important."

       "What do you mean?" I was confused.

        "I have to set myself free."

        Before I'm able to ask what he means, he tells me he'll be back soon. He paces away towards backstage, a place where only hotel staff and top guests were allowed. I tried to follow him, but the body guards wouldn't let me pass. With no choice, I grunted and sat down at the table.

       "So this is a huge surprise... we weren't sure if he was going to make it tonight.. but looks like the stars are in our favor," The DJ shakes dramatically. He looked like he was about to pee from excitement.

        "What's going on?" I ask, quietly to myself.

       Jackson from Got7 taps on my shoulder. "Apparently a huge celebrity is gonna come on stage."

       "Even bigger than you! I doubt it." I exclaim, mesmerized being in the presence of one of my favorite idols.

        Jackson smiles. "Apparently bigger than me. Now, could you please be quiet like the DJ says-"

      "Aite aite aite you got me feeling like a papillon!!" I shriek, excitedly, and point at him.

      "Shhh," Blue Ivy raises her index finger to her lips, glares at me and I immediately quiet down. 

      "You guys really won't believe our guest for today. It's....Mayor Kim!" The DJ finally yells, and the cameras all point to the stage. The crowd cheers louder than a Big Bang concert.

      "Mayor Kim?" I choke on my words. Mayor Kim was the elected mayor of Busan for years. He was like the Mayor Bloomberg of Korea- a billionaire entrepreneur, politician, TV personality, well educated genius- everything. He was more loved than Oprah, and more revered than the Queen of England. Most kids wanted to grow up to be just like him. Powerful. Smart. Famous. Charitable. And oh yeah.. ridiculously rich.

       We were all awestruck to be in his presence. He was more of a figure you'd imagine to be on TV- he was too perfect to be real.

      Mayor Kim smiled and waved at the crowd. "Hello citizens of South Korea. Non citizens of South Korea, I hope you're having a great time here."

      The crowd cheers loud.

       "I just have a quick announcement to make. And I thought here, in front of so many of my comrades, would be the perfect time to do so." Mayor Kim gestures to the audience.

       Everyone cheers again, feeling blessed to be considered a friend to one of the greatest heroes of our generation.

       "As many of you know, I have a kid. But I've kept him away from the spotlight. This is all because I desired for him to grow up with a normal childhood," he explained.

       We all cheer again, cooing at his great father skills.

       "But he's grown into a fine strong man. And the world needs to know his identity, his kindness, his compassion, his humanity. Ladies and gentlemen, please cheer for my only child, who will take over my company and hopefully, my position in politics!"

       He's revealing his son? Right now? Everyone's always wondered who Mayor Kim's only child could be. When I was younger, there were paparazzi camera shots of Mayor Kim's "supposed" family, but they were never seen again. Everyone always assumed the child was in a foreign country. But he's in Korea right now?

     And we're gonna to finally see him? See his face and know his identity?

     As everyone else does, I stand up from my seat. We all await for the mysterious boy to show up. The room becomes pitch black, and there's a hush in the audience.

      Finally, a bright light appears in the back of the gigantic ballroom. Someone steps out of the darkness of the hallway and into the spotlight.

     "Oh my god, he's so handsome!" Some lady yells.

     "He's my ideal type," Jackson from Got7 squeals.

      "Is that a politician's son or is that a model?" Blake Lively seems astonished.

        "That's... Namjoon," I dryly say. Namjoon waves at everyone, ignoring me. His dimples were prominent, his Colgate smile was gleaming, his six foot height was ideal. His appearance was perfect. But his inside were rotten. And no one would ever know that.

         And they won't ever know. Because he's the son of one of the most powerful people of the planet. His father can hide everything wrong about him, his father can rewrite history for him.

       Namjoon makes a small speech and everyone is charmed by his ethereal beauty. Even just for a few seconds, I was entranced by his star power.

     But no, this man shot me in the leg. This man was completely psycho. And this man was Jungkook's brother. Which means...

       "Hi, everyone! Was I late to the family reunion?" A deep voice bellowed from the back of the room.

Jungkook strides in stylishly, even more so than his brother. There was a bit more arrogance to his walk than Namjoon's, which just made him appear more of a bad . Like a wedding crasher that was gonna make the night unforgettable for everyone.

"Family reunion? But I thought Mayor Kim only had one son? Who the heck is this guy?" The crowd murmurs in confusion.

"Who, little old me?"  Jungkook clutched his chest, dramatically like he was an old lady in a 1980s kdrama. It added just the right amount of comedic effect and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm-"

"Mayor Kim!" A giant body guard busted another door open and made a dramatic entrance into the room.

"I tried to stop him, I did! I know you told me to not allow Jungkook, your other son, into the back room, but he said he wanted to take a picture with the Prime Minister of Antarctica. And I thought "Okay well I can't let him lose a once in a life time opportunity to meet the Prime Minister in Antarctica!" But then i realized there was no such thing but it was too LATE, he already got to the back door- WOAH there's a lot of cameras and people here!" The body guard yells and gestures to everyone surrounding us.

       "Yes, Felix. There's a lot of people here..." Mayor Kim massages his temples and fakes a huge smile.

       "Might as well pose of the cameras since the spotlight is on me!" Felix places his hand on his hip, and sassily strikes a pose. Cameras flash and the audience is in chaos.

       "Mayor Kim has a second son all this time? And he hid that from the public?" A lady loudly questioned.

       Jungkook points at her and grabs a mic from the stage. "You're absolutely right! My dear father here-" Jungkook arrogantly puts his arm around his dad's shoulder and spoke into the mic. "-thought that I was too small minded and weak to handle a company or any power at all! And he wanted to give it all to his step-son Namjoon, and not provide me a penny after I turned eighteen."

      Everyone gasps.

     "But guess what the gag is? This company my father inherited was my mother's! But not Namjoon's mother. See, my mother died, my father inherited everything and remarried to Namjoon's mom but paid the media to keep it all a secret!" Jungkook clasps his hands together.

       Everyone including me was in awe.

       "So the true heir of Mrs. Jeon's wealth, is her son, Jeon Jungkook. Me." Jungkook cockily pointed to himself.

       The room was in absolute hysterics. The body guards took the cameras from everyone, but it was pointless. The entire event was already live streamed. Eventually, the body guards ordered everyone to leave the ballroom. I was pushed alongside the crowds, and wasn't able to say a word to Jungkook.

      Once I was escorted out the ballroom, I was determined to go back inside.

      That was until I saw the lilac hair hair of a short, but muscular man heading into a secluded hallway. Jimin.

       I knew Jungkook needed me. But who knows if I'd ever see Jimin again. And something about that man was so charismatic... I felt he would indirectly give me all the answers I needed. My gut told me to follow him. And so I did.

        I followed Jimin into the empty hallway, a few feet behind him. I was about to call out his name, until I abruptly lost him. He vanished so quickly- it almost seemed like he dissipated into thin air. Perhaps it was the alcohol giving me these delusions.

       I tried looking for Jimin for a few minutes, but it was no use. He was gone from my sight.

       Disappointed, I opened the many doors of the town hall hallway, looking for a bathroom. Or a place to sit. I was absolutely exhausted and lightheaded.

       Most of the rooms were locked, unfortunately. I was about to sit down in the middle of a hallway, until I heard rustling. In a room, a few doors down, there was a bunch of clattering.

      Huh? Maybe I found a bathroom! I thoughtlessly pushed the door open, only to find Jimin pressed against the wall by someone else.

       I thought it was a physical fight at first, but the person who pinned Jimin against the wall, had his hands around Jimin's waist, and his face dangerously close Jimin's.

      Jimin was being kissed passionately by a broad stranger, and I interrupted their moment.

      Embarrassed, I was about to shut the door, before I realized I recognized the stranger making out with Jimin.

      The shiny, blonde hair Jimin was holding... was the same hair I'd ruffle for comfort for familiarity. The sun-kissed skin that was pressed against Jimin's... I had seen it glimmer in the moon's light so many times. The beautiful hand that was holding Jimin right now... it used to hold me.

      The man didn't even have to turn around. I knew exactly who he was.

     "Taehyung," I quietly whispered.