Crying Beautifully

28 Days

    It was awkwardly quiet while we walked to the coffee shop. I had so many questions to ask, but I didn't have the courage to ask him. Not yet.

      We stepped into the cafe. The clock in the wall displayed the time to be 5:07 AM.

 

      Mrs. Chung, an elderly woman and the owner of the shop, waved at us from the counter.

      "Hello to my first customers for today! Nice to see you y/n. Oh, and you've brought a boy with you!"

 

     Jungkook and I strided closer to the counter.

     "Yup, he's just a kid in my class," I say, while yawning. I stretch my arms above my head.

     "Just a kid in your class? Or perhaps your boyfriend?" Mr Jung smiled.

 

     "No, no no!! He's just a friend," I waved my arms back and forth to emphasize my disgust.

     Jungkook chuckled.

     "I wouldn't call her my friend, more like an annoying girl in my class who's been bothering me. But whatever floats your boat."

 

     Mrs. Chung raised her eyebrow in confusion.

     "But you both came together to my cafe quite early in the morning. You sure you guys aren't friends?"

 

     Jungkook smirked and rested his elbow on my shoulder.

     "We aren't friends yet, but perhaps we will be...one day."

 

     Mr. Chung looked at me weird.

     "Uh, alright then...is there anything I can get for you, lovely people?"

 

      "Medium iced americano. No sugar or milk added," Jungkook answered blankly.

 

     "And I'll get a large iced caramel latte. With whipped cream, please." I request.

 

     Jungkook cackled.

     "That much calories and whipped cream right in the morning?"

       "Hey don't judge her. Girls always needs to have her daily dose of sugar," Mrs. Chung defended me. 

 

    I gave her a fist pound and stuck my tongue at Jungkook. Mrs. Chung began making our drinks.

 

    Jungkook raised his hands up, palms facing me. "Whatever it's your body, not mine. If you die early don't blame me."

 

      "New drinking game: Take a shot every time you talk about death." I rolled my eyes and sat down in a chair beside a table. Jungkook walks behind me, lowers his head and quietly mutters into my neck.

      "Honey, you'd be drunk everyday when you're around me." 

 

     I gulped. "What?" He sat down in the chair beside me.

     "Don't pretend you didn't hear. You know exactly what I said." He snorted and began texting on his phone.

 

     Why does he always say such weird things? Things that may have a double meaning?

 

      We used our phones in silence until Mrs. Chung called us over. Finally, we obtained our beverages.

     "How much would that be?" Jungkook inquired, taking out his wallet.

 

      "Oh don't worry about it. I got you guys covered. It was nice to see one of y/n's friends. It's pretty rare," Mrs. Chung says.

 

      My face flushed in embarrassment.

 

      "Hey that's not true! Bora's been here with me!" I crossed my arms.

       "Alright, but what about a good looking boy?"

      Jungkook interrupted. "Hasn't Taehyung been here with y/n?" 

      "What the heck is a Bae Hyung?" Mrs. Chung was confused.

 

       Jungkook snickered. "You mean, Taehyung? Her boyfriend?"

      "Y/n you never told me you were dating someone!" Mrs. Chung gasped.

 

       I needed to change the topic of conversation

 fast.

 

     "Um, Mrs. Chung, we should pay for the drinks! Didn't you say that you were getting less revenue than you used to?"

        She smiles.

       "It's sweet that you care y/n, but I don't do this for everyone. You're a loyal customer of mine. You've given me enough."

 

      Jungkook takes a sip of his drink and scowls.       "Remember when I said I didn't want anything added? I change my mind. I need milk poured into this drink. Right now." He hands his americano to the elderly woman.

     "Of course!" Mrs. Chung takes his beverage and turns around.

 

       That was rude of Jungkook, especially since we're getting the drinks for free.

 

      I begin scrolling through my phone. From the corner of my eye, I see Jungkook place 50,000 won (= about 45 US dollars) in the tip jar. All while Mrs. Chung wasn't looking in our direction.

      She faces back and hands the drink to Jungkook.

      "Anything else?"

       "Nothing. Hopefully, I'll be back soon!" Jungkook smiles cheekily.

 

      "What do you mean by hopefully? You should definitely be back!" Mrs. Jung nods, enthusiastically.

      "I might not be around here then. But goodbye Mrs. Chung!" He bows, and we begin our departure from the shop.

 

       We walk out, sipping our drinks.

       "So what did you put in the tip jar?" I ask.

       "Oh just 500 won. Not a big deal."

 

       He's such a goddamn liar. Why does he always hide his good deeds? First, getting everyone's attention away from Elijah to stop making fun of him. Second, giving a generous tip? 

     I don't say anything. I remember when I asked him about the wallet and he got angry at me.

 

     We peacefully drank our beverages until i noticed someone following behind us. I glance behind me and see a stranger. She's a teenager with sunglasses and a scarf on her head. I estimate she's probably around our age. 

      What was strange was she's wearing a sweater that I lost two days ago. A sweater that my friend made for me.

 

     I turn around and wave at her. "Hi!" I say, enthusiastically. 

      She freezes and looks startled. She looks down, and buries her face in the scarf, like she's trying to hide her face from me.

     I walk closer to her and bravely ask, "I love your sweater! May I ask where you got it from?"

 

     She mouths, "Oh Shoot," then dashes way from us. I chase after her. Jungkook trails behind.

 

       I lose her. It's probably because I was running too slow due to the iced caramel latte I was holding. I didn't want to spill my iconic drink. 

      Jungkook grabs my shoulder. "Y/n, what the hell are you doing?! Is she apart of the tag game?"

 

      "No. She's wearing a sweater that's really alike to mine. But I lost it awhile ago. And it's the sweater my friend made for me. There's not a single one like it."

 

     "So you're saying she stole it?" Jungkook widens his eyes.

     "I don't know. I just wanted to where she got it from. She may have stole it, she may have gotten it from my friend, or it may be similar to mine. Or maybe it isn't as rare as I thought it was." I shrugged.

 

      "Hmm, I guess but running after her was a bit dramatic, y/n."

     "She started running first. This is a safe neighborhood. She wouldn't run away if she didn't have anything to hide." I place my hands on my hips.

      "I guess that's fair. Half your drink fell out by the way." Jungkook looks at me in disgust.

 

     I glance at my iced caramel latte. The top was off and the drink was spilling onto my hands and some of it fell onto my clothes.

     "Aw man!"

      "Guess it's a good thing you got a large then," Jungkook winked at me.

 

      I snorted and bumped my shoulder against his. "Yeah sure-OW!!!" I forgot how ripped Jungkook was. His entire body was a giant boulder of pure muscle.

      "Are you still in pain from yesterday?" Jungkook asks with genuine concern.

      "It's really not that bad. I healed pretty well, actually."

 

     Jungkook grabs the edge of the bottom of my T-shirt.

     "Let me just check if your stomach healed fine..."

     I pull away. "Dude!" I place my hands on my flushed cheeks.

 

     "Are you still that embarrassed? C'mon lets just walk to Jin's house. He's a medical prodigee." Jungkook grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb against mine. 

      "Sure but why are you holding my hand?" I ask.

      "Oh, uh no reason." He pulls away.

 

      "I mean I don't mind it Jungkook. But you say we aren't friends, then you hold my hand. The logic doesn't add up." I raise my eyebrow.

 

     Jungkook sighs. "We aren't friends yet. And gosh it was just a mistake chill. You act like I wanna get with you. As I've told you a hundred times, you're not my type." He turns away and I trail behind him.

 

     We walk and reach Jin's mansion. His butler allowed us into his residence.

      Jungkook asks, "Where's Jin?"

      "In the gym, sir." He bows in respect. Jungkook bows back and we went down an elevator to a lower floor.

     We enter a huge, underground gymnasium with exercise equipment. Jin is working out on one of the machines. He's wearing a black tank top and shorts. 

 

 

 

      "Morning, Jin Hyung. Can you check y/n's injuries? You can tell if she's seriously injured or not." Jungkook waved at him.

     Jin wiped his sweat with a towel.

     "Sure."

     He gestures over to me.

     "Not until Jungkook leaves the room." I pout.

     Jin agreed. "You heard the girl. Out." He points at Jungkook.

     Jungkook exits the door. "Bro I didn't even wanna see anything anyway."

 

     I hoisted my shirt above my stomach. He checks my body.

     "You seem alright. Just continue using that medication Jungkook gave you twice a day." 

     "Thanks," I say, smiling. I'm gracious for Jin's generosity.

 

     "Why do you feel so uneasy with Jungkook though?" Jin asked.

      "What do you mean?" I widen my eyes.

      "You have no problem lifting your clothes in front of me, but feel uncomfortable with him. Why would that be?" He his head to the side, trying to figure me out.

      "Well you're the medical prodigee here, Jungkook is just an average guy. So it feels needless to." I explained my reasoning.

 

      "Actually Jungkook has learned a lot from me and volunteered at hospitals, if you didn't know. He even assists with your mom with paperwork and patients," Jin snickered.

     Oh that's why Jungkook knew about my mom's occupation..which would mean he hangs out with my mom???

 

       "I know the real reason why you're so nervous around him. It's because you have a little crush on him," Jin sneered.

      "Hahahah you wish. He's so below my league," I snort and look away to avoid his eyes.

 

      "Whatever. It's strange how you aren't nervous around me, though. I'm Mr. Worldwide Handsome, Car Door Man, trended worldwide as "third one on the left" on twitter and I'm the top result for "crying beautifully" on google. I'm the ultimate visual of Bangtan Boys, but yet you're nervous of our Golden maknae. I mean sure he's good looking..."

        Jin casually stretches his arm over me, to make his biceps look bigger.

      "But I'm better," He winks at me.

 

      "You're okay, Mr. Worldwide Handome. I'll see you around," I wave my hand at him and walk out of the room.

      "You'll regret curving me!" Jin chuckled before I left the room.

 

      Jin is right though. Why am I not nervous around the best looking guy in our city, Jin, but I am around Jungkook? It's probably because my body is still scared of Jungkook's past antics. That's it.

 

     Jungkook is leaning against the wall in the hallway. 

     "So y/n you're good?" 

     "Yup."

      "Alright dude, let's go." He pats my back and I shiver.

 

      Jungkook frowns. "Are you okay? Why are you trembling?" He presses the back of his hand on my forehead.

     "Y/n you feel really hot and your cheeks are bright like a tomato. Are you sick or something something?"

         "Yeah it's just a little fever. It'll go away haha." I fake laugh. 

      This fever of lust I have for Jungkook..it'll go away right?

 

      "Alright but take care of yourself more. We might be interacting nowadays, but I won't always be around. Just saying."

 

      "What do you mean you won't be around?" I choke, my eyes widening.

      "We won't be hanging out in a few days. Just don't read too far into it," Jungkook stuffs his hands into his pocket and turns away.

 

       Well then, I have to make sure I'm around him every minute possible. Jungkook has to stay around. For a long time.