The Masked Man

28 Days

      When I woke up in the afternoon, the first thing I noticed was how freezing it was. I open my eyes and scanned my bedroom. There was nobody else here but me. The window was wide open, where cool breezes infiltrated my bedroom. I got up to close it but found a letter taped to the window sill.

       I open it up and there's a paper with a beautifully written message on it. It says:

 

        I'll be back for you, babe.

        -Tae

 

     I squeaked and pressed the letter to my heart. I giggled like a high school girl would getting a letter from her crush. Well I am a female student and Taehyung is my crush so...

     I squealed again louder.

    "Gosh I miss him already. I hope he's safe," I said to myself, then flopped on my bed,

 

     After fangirling for another few minutes, I regained my compusure. 

    "Okay, time to focus, y/n! Today's Saturday. There's 22 more days until time is out. I somewhat got through to Jungkook in a short amount of time...and I also got me a devil cutie while at it. AY!"

     I began dancing like I often see the second best dancer at school, Jin, do in the hallways.

 

 

 

      "So what do I do now..."

      I thought back to last night, where Jungkook asked me to save me from "them" and the car drove off.

    "Gosh I hope he's okay..."

     I checked my email from my phone and there was no response from Jungkook.

     "Ugh why did that numnut refuse giving me his number! We also have only week left the project!"

 

      I decided it's necessary for me to go to his house again. Legally, of course no illegal trespassing.

      I skateboarded the entire forty minute journey there. 

     After pressing the button on the doorbell, I spoke through the intercom.

 

     "Hi Darude, May I see Jungkook please?"

      Darude huffed.

     "It's you again...Jungkook isn't here at the moment. Sorry."

     I rolled my eyes.

     "Are you sure?"

     "Don't sass me missy. Okay I admit last night I was lying when I said he wasn't here. But he won't be present for this weekend. He's helping his father with his occupation."

 

     "Really? Is it possible i could give him a message?"

     "I don't know..."

      "Please Darude," I begged through the intercom.

      "Fine. If it'll get you to leave." Darude huffed.

      "Tell him y/n needs to speak to him about our school project. And other things. He can contact me through here." I informed Darude my cell and even home number.

      "Is that all? Will you finally leave me be?" He asked, hopefully.

        "Yes Darude. Have a good day now."

        "You too..wait you said your name was y/n right? That name is definitely ringing a bell...yeah Jungkook has talked about you before. I guess you do know him."

       "Wait. Really? What did he say?" I asked excitedly. 

       "That's for me to know and for you to never find out." Darude closes the intercom.

 

     I huffed and finally left the property. 

     Rude Darude has an attitude.

 

     The time was 1 PM. I guess the only thing I could do now was wait for Jungkook to contact me. Perhaps I could relax for a few hours. 

      I called Bora and we decided to meet at Mrs. Chung's cafe.

 

     When I saw her there, she ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

     "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever!" Bora shrieks.

      "I mean I've seen you in the hallways and in class..but it's been awhile since we've actually hung out," I admit. 

        Although it's only been a week since the mission began, it feels like it's been a lifetime since my existence was normal. 

       We sat at a table before even ordering. The line was really long and we hoped it would shorten in twenty minutes.

 

      "So what have you been up to?" Bora asked.

      "Not much..just schoolwork," I avoid her eyes.

       "Schoolwork...or is that just a code name for boys," Bora giggled to herself.

 

        I widened my eyes. "What do you mean?"

       "Oh c'mon y/n don't play dumb. Everybody knows you're dating that hottie Taehyung...and you didn't even tell me." She pouts.

      "Look I'm really sorry..it's only been a few weeks..and remember, we kept a pact to not date annoying guys until college..and now I broke it." I sighed.

 

      Bora smirks. "But Taehyung doesn't go to our school, so he's an exception ay," she bumps her shoulder against mine.

      "I guess," I fumble my thumbs and giggle.

      "So what's he like? How far have you gone with him?"

      "He's mysterious yet sweet..and that second part is none of your business," I huffed and raised my nose in the air.

 

      "No need to get so stuck up, y/n...have you guys kissed yet?"

       I murmur, "None of your business...."

 

       "So you guys have! I know when you've got something to hide-you always look away. Has he been in your room yet?"

       Once again, I averted my gaze.

      "Oh my god he has! Has he been on your bed with you...at night?"

 

      I tried to make eye contact with her but I couldn't. I blushed immensely.

      "He has!" She pointed at me.

 

      I covered my face with my hands.

     "How did you even know that I avoid people's eyes when I'm lying? I didn't even know that about me."

      "I'm your best friend, I know everything! Anyways, if you're dating Taehyung, what about Jungkook?"

     My heart began racing.

     "What about Jungkook?" 

 

      "He held your hand after the whole Ji Hee fiasco. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to defend you, I wasn't outside. And people have seen y'all hanging outside of the classroom...."

      "So?"

     "Do you have feelings for your enemy?"

 

      "I'm dating Taehyung, why would I care for Jungkook?" I scoff.

      "Well I think Jungkook has a thing for you...he's spoken to me about you before..."

       "Whatchu talking about Willis?" I raised my eyebrows.

 

     "Oh my god! They're here!" All of Bora's attention was diverted towards the gorgeous men entering the cafe.

      A girl in our class, An, squealed and pointed at the door.

     "OMG, it's the Bangtan boys!"

 

     Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok enter the cafe. They all looked glamorous with their luxurious outfits and stylish walk. But the one who caught my eye was the lanky, masked dude who lagged behind them, speaking on the phone.

       He shut the device, placed it in his pocket and looked in my direction. He starting walking to our table. I guess I caught his eye, too.

 

        Even if he had a mask covering his mouth, I could tell he was smirking.

        "We meet again, y/n."

         Well that was creepy. 

 

        "Uh, how do you know my name..do you go to our school?"

         He cackles like I told a really funny joke.

        "I'm way too busy to be focusing on silly things such as school." He grimaced.

 

        "Let's get to know each other..mind if I take a seat?"

       Without me even replying, he slides next to me. Yoongi, Hoseok and Jin all sit next to Bora, who looks like she's about to pee her pants. 

      The only purpose for the Bangtan Boys to hang out with other people is for stirring trouble.

 

         "Listen bud, I got better things to do then have a cozy conversation with you, so if you'll leave me and my friend alone that'd be great." I snap.

 

         The man chuckled a mighty laugh.

         "I didn't ask you for your mission, sweetie. I demand it." He growled.

         The rest of the Bangtan Boys cackled evilly, even Jin. Damn, I thought he was the nice one. Never trust a guy who calls himself "Worldwide Handsome."

 

        "So how about we play a game, huh? You like games?"

        "The last time I've played a game was when I was five, my dude." 

       Yoongi snorted, but then Hoseok quickly smacked him on the shoulder, indicating for him to be quiet.

 

       "Well I love games. I feel like life is a game, you know? Like Monopoly, you win some you lose some?" The guy rests his chin in his palm, and sighs dreamily, like he was talking about his favorite fairytale.

        "Got no idea where you're going with this, I don't even like Monopoly..." I rolled my eyes.

 

         "And why would that be?" The man quirks his eyebrows, like he was genuinely interested.

          "You can have all the skill in the world, but as soon as you land on Broadway with a hotel you're screwed and have to give all your money. The rich just get richer," I shrug my shoulders.

 

          "Well I love Monopoly. It's a game designed for strategists with a bit of luck on the side. And what's wrong with the rich getting richer, honey?" The masked man inches closer, his face awfully close for my personal liking.

 

       I scoot an inch away from him.

      "If you don't understand what's wrong with the rich getting richer, it's clear we shouldn't be associates. C'mon, Bora let's go somewhere else." I sit up.

      The man grabs my arm, and pulls me back down, forcefully. 

 

        "Aw, I didn't even tell you what game we're gonna play..."

       "And what's that?"

       "It's my favorite "Get to know my new pal" game. We ask questions about each other. But if you refuse to answer...I'll introduce to my own little friend." He pulls his shirt over, and takes a shiny, black metal object out from his pocket. He places it on my thigh, with his hand pressed against the trigger.

 

     "A g-gun," I stutter.

      "Now, do you wanna play my game?" The man teases me.

       "I clearly don't have a choice," I choke.

       "I'm pleased." He chuckled.

       "But what I'm not pleased with his you not even recognizing my identity." He sighed. With his free hand, the man takes his mask off.

 

       My eyes widen.

      "You're that guy from the other night. Namjoon!"

       He rolled his eyes, like I was stating the obvious.

       "Glad you can finally recognize this pretty face, sweetie."