The Coward's Choice

28 Days

Jungkook calls a taxi and we go to the back of the building, where the paparazzi couldn't follow us. We step outside, enter the vehicle and sit down. I yawn and shamelessly, rested my head against Jungkook's shoulder. I'm glad that he didn't complain. My body, heart and mind was too exhausted to explain my mindset.

We arrive at the party, which was located at some famous club I wouldn't be normally allowed entry into. One of the staff members gave a pair of shoes to Jungkook who was barefoot.

After going through a lot of security, we finally entered the room where the festivity was located in. I thought everyone else would be tired as us, but they were living it up. They were even more energetic than before.

It was a wild after party. And definitely not so safe for work. People were grinding, twerking and [redacted] to each other.

"Let's just sit down," Jungkook suggested. He began talking to some other people I didn't know. I rested my head on top of my arms on the table. I slowly began to doze off until someone caught my attention.

     From the corner of my eye, I see a young woman who who was dressed strangely. I couldn't tell what her face looked like, because it was covered by a huge masquerade face. This was weird, because the after-party didn't have a masquerade theme and no one else had their face completely concealed.

      The most peculiar part of her outfit was her dress. This was because it the exact same dress as I was wearing. There's a limited amount of dresses in the world- of course someone was bound to wear the same dress as me at the same place. But everyone else here was stinking rich and were wearing thousand dollar designer gowns. Which means this girl was as the same financial status as me. Finally, someone who I could relate to.

      I get up from the table and try to approach the girl. She seems distracted, talking to some stranger. Politely, I await for her to finish the conversation with the man until she was finally alone. I poked her shoulder and she turns around.

     "Hi, I know we don't know each other, but I love your dress! Especially since it's the same as me. Guess we have the same taste. What's your name?" I enthusiastically asked her.

      Although the mask almost completely disguised her face, I could still see her eyes widen with fear. She turned her face away from me and said in a low voice "Please don't talk to me."

       I noticed that she had a slight lisp like I do. This girl was a lot more like me than I thought. "Oh, sorry I didn't mean to frighten you. I just was surprised to see someone in such an upper-class party with the same attire as mine, so I thought we'd enjoy each other's company-"

      Before I was able to complete my sentence, the mysterious girl runs off away from me. She runs past the security and exits the large party room.

      "I know I'm unpleasant to be around, but not enough for a complete stranger to flee from me," I whisper to myself.

       The man that was previously talking to the mysterious girl goes up to me.

      "Are you that masked lady's friend? She left this at her table." Before I'm able to respond, he hands me an article of clothing and walks away.

     "Great, now I have garments from a person who hates and doesn't want anything to do with me me," I muttered to myself.

      "Well...might as well look at it...perhaps it may contain her driver's license or some form of identification..." I held the piece of clothing up, in the dark atmosphere of the club.

      It was a light pink sweater...my grandma made me a light pink sweater just like this...no, it couldn't possibly be the same one...

      I looked at the sleeve and it said "For y/n. Love, Grandma". My stomach dropped.

     The masked girl that ran away from me tonight was the same girl that was wearing this sweater near the coffee shop me and Jungkook went to, days ago.

     I texted my parents to check my closet for that pullover. They sent me a picture of the same exact sweater and assured me I didn't lose it. I also texted my grandma, asking if she made two of the same sweaters and she swore she didn't.

     I rubbed my head back and forth..how did this strange girl have the same exact one of a kind cardigan as me? Why was she wearing the same exact dress as me, today? Why does she keep appearing around me, but runs away when I try to interact with her? Why does she always cover her face and mask her identity? Who is she?

      Someone pokes my back, interrupting my thoughts.

     "Huh?" I turn around, bewildered.

      "Y/n, chill it's just me," Jungkook raises his arms.

        "Sorry...it's just this night is getting weirder and weirder..." I shake my head back and forth.

     "Do you want to talk about it?" He places his hand on my shoulder, reassuringly.

      I really wanted to explain what I knew about the unusual girl, but I didn't want to burden Jungkook with my problems anymore than I already have.

      "No, let's just sit down," I instructed him.

     "Okay, if that's what you want. Just know that I'm here for you...tonight." We sit down at the table again and make small talk, until I noticed something peculiar.

     "Jungkook, your dad is here," I pointed to his father wearing dark sunglasses, surrounded by multiple body guards entering the party room.

     Jungkook rolls his eyes and groans. "He really has no shame. After everything I revealed tonight, he still hasn't gone into hiding or begged for my forgiveness..."

        "Eh-hem. I'd like to have your attention." Someone speaks into a microphone at the front of the room.

     Everyone turns to the speaker and the room instantly becomes quiet. I turn also, and I understand why everyone hushed down.

      It's Namjoon, the golden son of Mayor Kim. Also, my arch enemy that almost killed me.

      "A lot was revealed tonight... about my identity and also controversial secrets about my father..." Namjoon shyly looks down at his shoes.

      The room bursts into whispers, discussing the strange events that occurred.

     "I think I should add one more to the list... a controversial secret about me that I need to reveal to my father. To everyone."

     All the people in the party room glance between Namjoon and his dad.

      "The world needs to know about someone who is important to me," Namjoon dramatically whispers into the microphone.

     "Please come into the front of the room, my special someone," Namjoon commands. Bora, who sits at one of the front tables, straightens out her dress and excitedly walks next to Namjoon.

     "Not you...I barely know you," Namjoon shakes his head and snorts. Embarrassed, Bora puts her head down and walks back to her seat.

     "Him," Namjoon points at a figure standing in the back of the room. In the poorly lit room, the spotlight appears on the most handsome man in the world.

      "Kim Seokjin, would you please stand next to me?"

     Jin gulps and nervously walks to the front of the room.

    "Namjoon, are you sure you wanna do this here and now? It's too soon, I don't want to hurt your reputation-" Jin tells him.

     "Yes. Right now, is the perfect time." He grabs Jin's hand and they interlock fingers.

    "Father, I'm in love with Kim Seokjin. I've been in love with him since I met him seven years ago. I can't hide it anymore. Everyday I pretend that our relationship isn't real, my heart hurts." Namjoon points to his chest.

     "I hope you can accept us." Namjoon adoringly gazes into Jin's eyes. Then he holds his nape and kisses him passionately on the lips. Jin hesitates for a second. Finally, he closes his eyes, smiles and kisses Namjoon back.

     The whole room is silent for a few seconds. Then everyone erupts into applause and cheers.

      Namjoon and Jin grin, still holding hands.

      "So, Father, do you still accept us?" Namjoon asks.

       Everyone looks at the back of the room, where Mayor Kim was. He steps away from the bodyguards, and pulls his sunglasses down. He wipes a tear from his cheek and walks up to the platform.

      "Of course I do." He wraps his arms around Namjoon, hugs Jin and everyone cheers again.

      I nod and clap along the crowd. "Your father has done terrible things, but you have to admit this was really open minded of him."

       I turn around towards Jungkook and he's shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"This was all a publicity stunt... my father already knows Namjoon's gay."

    My eyes bulge out of my head. "What? What do you mean?"

      "Namjoon already came out to my dad four years ago... Namjoon was also planning to come out to the world and of course he chose tonight, after I revealed my dad's secrets to the public. And of course my dad pretended he didn't know Namjoon was gay in front of the crowd," Jungkook explains.

     "Why would your dad to pretend not to know?" I was confused.

      "Because this was all a publicity stunt to cover up the previous events tonight. To get attention away from the horrible things my dad did to me and to instead make the media focus on how accepting and cool he is. They're always one step ahead of me in order to protect their own interests and to portray themselves as the good guys." He takes a deep breath.

        "I'm sick. I'm sick of my family." Jungkook keeps shaking his head back and forth.

       "I'm so sorry, Jungkook-"

       Jungkook gets up from the table. "I've had enough." He beings to walk out of the room at a fast pace.

      "Wait, Jungkook!" I follow his trail, but the crowd started moving closer to the front, where Namjoon and his dad was. I lost Jungkook in the swarm of people. I still continued moving towards the exit of the room, because I was sure that's where he went.

       After a strenous few minutes, I was able to go past the security and exit the room. I start walking towards the lobby, where Jungkook and I entered the club. But, I saw two people in the the lobby I did not want to encounter ever again.

      Taehyung and Jimin.

     They both made eye contact with me. Taehyung waved and walked towards me.

    I had two choices in this situation. I could go to the lobby, deal with Taehyung and Jimin, and continue my mission to find Jungkook.

    Or I could run away again, completely avoiding the man who cheated on me and the person who he cheated on me with. But Jungkook was likely to be right outside the lobby.

   And of course I chose the coward's choice. I ran away from them, almost completely destroying my chances of finding Jungkook.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Please comment what you thought about this chapter! Any predictions ? What did you think about 28 Days Namjoon's coming out story to the world? :0

ALSO- Check out my other story "The Cowardly Warrior" on my profile! Taehyung is the main lead and the main girl is a badass fighter, who will become a secret hero in her kingdom! When 28 Days ends, that's the story I'm going to update most frequently! ☺️💕

Updates for 28 Days will be every Friday! So be here next week to see what happens next! 😏