Chapter 9

A Mate's Struggle

Kisu was down at the park with Jisung again, with Daniel joining them since he had nothing to do at the moment, wanting to let Woojin and Hongseob have their time alone.

"So what's your relationship to your brother?" Asked Kisu as Jisung laid his head in Kisu's lap, humming to himself. "It's not much of a relationship to be honest," said Daniel. "We know of each other, but we never really became close as brothers," he said. "We're more like colleagues," he said. "That sounds like Chan and I," said Jisung as he looked up to watch the clouds. "We're not blood related but," he said, shrugging. "He's always been there for me," he said.

"Jaehyun's always said that if I was to ever retire that I'm welcome to go stay at his pack house," said Daniel. "I've been hunting for years, but I don't want to retire until I know Woojin is okay with Hongseob," he said. "You can trust Hongseob," said Kisu as he let Jisung play with his fingers. "I've known him for many years, and he's a good kid," he said. "Changsun grew up with him, so you can go to him if you want some reassurance," he said. Daniel hummed in response.

"Is it your turn to cook tonight?" Jisung asked suddenly as he looked at Kisu. Kisu chuckled some. "No," he said. "It's Jeonguk's turn tonight," he said. "Good," said Jisung. "I want to stay out here all afternoon," he said. Daniel chuckled some. "Child," he said. "I'm a wolf, I don't like being inside," said Jisung as he shrugs. "A park like this makes me feel at home," he said. "That'd make sense," said Daniel.

"When are your mates coming back?" He asked. "I don't know," said Kisu. "I get updates every couple days, they're going to see Cory tomorrow," he said. "Can I talk to Jeongin tomorrow?" Asked Jisung. "Sure, I was told Hobi and them got home yesterday too," said Kisu. "We'll see if Chan and Minho want to talk too if you want," he said. Jisung nodded. "I'd like that," he said.

"What's your story anyway kid?" Asked Daniel. "I was born in Germany but my parents moved to the states to join Chan's parent's pack," said Jisung. "Being in an isolated spot allowed my parents to become abusive towards me," he said. "So I often ran to Chan when we were kids since his parents were the alphas," he said. "But since they were the alphas I was always sent home despite the evidence of abuse," he said. "They didn't want to become involved but as soon as Chan was legal he moved out and took me with him," he said.

"We ended up in New York, where we met Hyunjin and the others, with Hyunjin gathering people together to form a pack and try to become official," he said. "And one thing led to another and we ended up becoming part of Hobi's new team," he said, shrugging. "Chan wanted to stay with us but I convinced him that I'd be fine with Hobi," he said. "Eventually it came to me being here with Kisu in South Korea," he said, shrugging again.

"Did you know back then too?" He asked, looking at Kisu. "I wasn't completely sure then," said Kisu as he sighed. "I felt something that was for sure but you know, with you being a minor I didn't want to take that chance," he said. "I was miserable when we made the decision to come back to South Korea and I didn't know why until you showed up which confirmed my suspicions," he said. "So I took that chance and here we are," he said.

"I'm not ready for anything yet," said Jisung. "I know," said Kisu. "I said that I was willing to wait," he said. "It just means we can't be away from each other for long," he said. "So hunting will be a problem then," said Jisung. "Not for me exactly but," Kisu said, shrugging. "I still have Youngjae and Jooheon," he said. "You'll do fine though," he said. "Just don't get yourself killed or anything," he said. "I'll try not to," said Jisung.

"Hm," said Kisu as he looked at his phone when he got a text. "Are we needed back home?" Asked Daniel. "No, Jeonguk's taking everyone out to eat and he asked where my wallet was," said Kisu. "It's on me of course," he said, patting his pocket before replying back. "I guess I'm either paying for dinner if we go to the street market or Jeonguk wants Korean barbecue," he said. "Or he's telling us to get dinner," said Jisung. "No," said Kisu as he showed the translated text. "He was asking where my wallet was," he said, chuckling some. Daniel hummed in response as he looked up at the sky.

"Ah, Jeonguk wants Korean Barbecue," said Kisu as he got a response. Jisung sighed as he got up, stretching. Kisu chuckled some and got up, with Daniel getting up after a couple minutes. "Are we meeting them there?" Asked Jisung. "No, they're coming to get us so come on," said Kisu as he walked to the entrance of the park. Jisung and Daniel followed after him. Jeonguk pulled up to the entrance in his truck, letting Kisu, Jisung and Daniel hop into the trunk. After a minute Jeonguk drove off, heading to the barbecue restaurant.

Hongseob opened the back window, saying that Jeonguk was paying and to look out for cars tailing them. Jisung was on instant high alert as he observed the area around them. Kisu hummed to himself as he had his senses on high alert. Daniel watched their surroundings, tense.

After a few minutes Kisu noticed a truck following them and knocked on the window to let them know. Jeonguk quickly swerved, taking a long route to their destination. Jisung, Kisu and Daniel hung on, trying not to get thrown from the truck. They could see cars converging on them as Jeonguk was nearly run off the road. "Hang on!" Shouted Jeonguk as he swerved, hitting the car on his left and shoving it into a building before swerving again and into the car on the right. He managed to swerve into an alleyway, stopping in front of a dead end. "Damn it," said Kisu as a car had followed them into the alleyway, trapping the truck.

Jisung hopped out of the truck, his human illusion dropping, showing that he was baring his teeth, growling with his fur standing on end. He was ready to fight, even to the death. Jeonguk and the others got out of the truck, ready for a fight.