Chapter 3

A Mate's Struggle

Kisu and Hoseok headed down to the local street market with the kids the next day, letting them explore. Youngjae and Jooheon declined on going this time, wanting to do laundry. They would meet them afterwards, granted the kids didn't get bored.

"Ah, this feels like our random shopping trips with Jimin all over again," said Kisu. Hoseok chuckled. "It does feel that way doesn't it," he said. "Jimin was never like this though, I guess it's because he's been to South Korea before," he said. "Mm," said Kisu. "Didn't you mention another member of your pack who was basically Jimin?" Asked Hoseok. "Ah yeah, Hui," said Kisu. "Dragged all of us around shopping a few times, he never went here though," he said. "Never understood why, Changsun loves coming here though," he said. "It is an interesting place," said Hoseok.

"This place is amazing!" Said Jisung as he ran over with Hyunjin. "Did you find anything interesting?" Asked Kisu. "There's so many different types of food," said Hyunjin. "Did you find something you liked?" Asked Kisu. "We tried a little of everything," said Jisung. "We found this really cool noodle place we wanted to try but we didn't know how to order things," he said.

"We can eat there for lunch," said Kisu. "If you want," he said. "Sure," said Hyunjin. Jisung nodded. "I guess," said Hoseok. "Let's go eat then," said Kisu as he headed to the noodle shop with the others following after him.

Youngjae and Jooheon met them after lunch as Hyunjin and Jisung dragged Hoseok into a stall that they wanted him to try something at. Kisu shook his head at their antics, smiling slightly. "Having fun?" Asked Youngjae. "Of course," said Kisu as he chuckled some. "Reminds me of Jimin's random bouts of taking us shopping," said Youngjae. "I said the same thing earlier," said Kisu.

"Did you guys eat lunch?" Asked Jooheon. "Yeah," said Kisu. "They wanted to try this ramen place so," he said, shrugging. "Was it good?" Asked Jooheon. "The kids loved it, I'm fine with it," said Kisu. "Oh, hey hyungs," said Hyunjin as he walked over with Hoseok and Jisung. "Yo," said Youngjae. "Those noodles were really good," said Jisung as he chuckled some. Kisu smiled. "I know they were," he said.

"We should head back then," said Hoseok. "Ah right, you need to do your mission," said Kisu. "It's literally in town, we'll be back tonight," said Hoseok as he scratched the back of his head. "Let's go then," said Hyunjin. They headed back home.

"It seems we're being followed," said Kisu as he put his hands in his pockets. "Don't bring attention to it," said Youngjae. "Just keep walking," he said. "Might as well," said Hoseok. "If they know any better, they won't do anything," he said. "Werewolves have a lot of enemies don't they?" Asked Jisung. "I'd say the only real enemies we have are hunters," said Kisu. "Well, werewolf hunters anyway," he said.

They reached the pack house with Jeonguk meeting them outside. "You were being followed?" He asked as he looked around the area outside the gates. "Kind of," said Kisu. "They left us alone a street back," he said. "Be careful from now on," said Jeonguk as they headed into the house.

"We were literally down at the most public place possible," said Youngjae. "Doesn't mean that they won't try to do anything," said Kisu. "Werewolf hunters here are waydifferent than the ones outside of South Korea," said Jeonguk. "Especially when they're with Jaejoong," said Kisu. "Be careful tonight Hobi," he said. "Always," said Hoseok as he scratched the back of his head. "And before you ask, no you will not go alone tonight," he said as he turned to Jisung and Hyunjin. "I'm willing to risk getting captured than have you two killed," he said. "At least then we'll get out alive," he said.

"Ya'll are still rookies despite having a year experience," said Kisu. "I watched you grow from rookies to experienced hunters in a few months time but international missions are way different," he said. "Kisu's right," said Jeonguk. "I watched Hongseob go from rookie to experienced hunter in a week because of how things are internationally," he said.

"Alright alright," said Hoseok. "I'll head out now with them, we'll be back tonight I promise," he said. "If you don't, we know who to blame," said Kisu. Hoseok snorts. "They are aware of us having vampire hunters in the pack," he said. "If they really wanted to capture us it'd be a death wish," he said. "Good luck and stay safe then," said Kisu. "Always," said Hoseok before he left with his team.

Kisu and the others headed into the livingroom and sat down to watch a K-drama to pass time. "What's this one called?" Asked Youngjae. "Descendants of the Sun," said Kisu. "At least, that's the English translation," he said. "If only war was really like this," Jeonguk said with a snort. "I feel like the world would be a lot different than it was now," he said. "It's a TV show Jeonguk, a lot of things would be better if it were run like it was in TV shows," said Kisu.

Hoseok, Hyunjin and Jisung came back later that night after their mission. "How'd it go?" Asked Kisu as he opened the door for them. "It went great," said Hoseok. "Went as well as I thought it would go," he said. "So we're heading out in the next couple days, gonna let the kids rest," he said. Kisu let them in before closing the door behind them. He made sure to lock the door before going back into his room.

"They're back huh?" Asked Youngjae as Kisu entered his room. "Yeah," said Kisu. "It went well according to them so," he said, shrugging. "That's good," said Youngjae. Jooheon hummed in response. Kisu went to lay down beside Youngjae, having an arm behind his head with another arm on his stomach.

"Kisu," said Youngjae. "Hm?" Asked Kisu. "Are you happy here?" Asked Youngjae. "Of course," said Kisu. "It's nice to be home again," he said. "Are you happy here?" He asked. Youngjae nodded. "Yeah," he said. "I'm just worried for you," he said. "You've been distancing yourself from us lately," he said. "I'm fine," said Kisu. "I'll let you know if I'm not feeling up to par," he said. "Alright," said Youngjae.