Chapter 10

A Mate's Struggle

Kisu woke with a gasp, looking straight up at a device that hung above him. He blinked in confusion as he tried to move to sit up, finding himself strapped to a table. "What the hell?" He asked, turning his head to look around the room. He couldn't remember much, just a blinding light then darkness.

"Kisu!" Came Jisung's voice from somewhere behind him. "Where are we?" Asked Kisu. "I don't know," said Jisung. "But this place gives me the creeps," he said. "Where is everyone?" Asked Kisu. "They're still knocked out in this cage with me," said Jisung. "I think that looks like one of those extraction machines," he said. "Oh no," said Kisu as he struggled with his restraints. "Quick, wake up Daniel or someone," he said, stopping when he heard the door open.

"Ah, he's awake," came Jaejoong's voice, causing Kisu to look at him. "Who the hell are you bringing back to have me strapped to the table?" Asked Kisu as he growled. "My son of course," said Jaejoong. "Hyungwon wouldn't want this brought to him," spat Kisu as he struggled to get free again. "His mates are still alive," said Jaejoong. "All the more reason to bring him back," he said. "You killed one of them remember?" Asked Kisu as he heard Jisung try to wake the others.

"It worked with Hyunjin and Jisung, though I'm surprised they don't remember this," said Jaejoong, causing Jisung to pause. "What the hell?" Asked Jisung as he slammed against the cage door. "I am not your experiment!" He said. Woojin and Daniel had woke by now, and Daniel tried to force the cage bars to separate, at least before it was too late. Jeonguk and the others soon woke and helped Daniel try to separate the cage bars that held them. "Youngjae and Jooheon are going to be pissed," spat Jeonguk as he tried to widen the bars. "You don't say?" Asked Jinhong as he grunted, helping Daniel.

"You're not getting out of this easy, by the time you get out Kisu's wolf will be gone and I'll have my son here again," said Jaejoong as he went to start the machine. "Shownu's already here," he said. "Now it's Hyungwon's turn," he said. Kisu stared up at the machine in horror as he fought against his restraints, grunting and trying to break free. The laser shot down onto his body and Kisu let out an agonizing scream, feeling his wolf start to separate from his body.

"Oh hell no!" Yelled Daniel as he moved back. "Stand back," he snarled as he changed, roaring as he rammed against the door, managing a dent in it. Jisung winced, memories of a different time starting to flow through his head as he finally remembered what had been buried a long time ago. Once the cage door was open Daniel charged at Jaejoong, not caring anymore as he attacked.

Jeonguk ran to the machine, trying to find a way to turn it off as he panicked. The others just watched in horror as the separation process had completed, the laser shutting off automatically. "Damn it father," came Hyungwon's voice as he stepped out of a pod of sorts. "We didn't want to come back and now you're facing the consequences," he said. That snapped Jinhong out of his reverie as he went to untie Kisu from his restraints.

"I can't give Kisu his wolf back," said Hyungwon as he walked over to the table. "But I know who can become his wolf," he said, turning to Jisung, who looked determined as he stood there, looking at Hyungwon. "What do you mean?" Asked Woojin as he walked over with the others.

"Jisung, he's Cory's original wolf," said Jeonguk as he blinked. "I remember now, Cory was the first of the two of us to get our wolf extracted, and Jisung told me to turn him," he said. "I had no idea what would happen back then," said Jisung as he walked over to the table. "Good to know Cory survived the ordeal," he said. "Is Shownu back too?" Asked Woojin. "No," said Hyungwon as he sighed. "But someone would've been next to bring him back," he said.

"We don't have much time," said Woojin as Daniel killed Jaejoong, moving away and wiping blood off his snout with his paw. "I'll do it," said Jisung. "Tell Hyunjin and the others that I'm sorry, it seems I won't get to go to Jeongin's graduation after all," he said. The others went to give Jisung and Kisu some privacy, promising to be back in 10 minutes.

Jisung picked up Kisu and set him on the ground gently. "I guess you're not my hyung anymore eh?" He asked as he sighed. "Well, since I was originally a turned werewolf, I'm giving myself to you," he said. "Don't be sad alright?" He asked. "I will be there in your mind, just have to deal with it," he said, chuckling some. He took a deep breath as he leaned forward and kissed Kisu on the forehead, his body soon fading away.

"So what happens now?" Asked Jeonguk as he turned to Hyungwon. "Well, you killed my father which now makes me the next leader in the family," said Hyungwon. "Don't worry, I won't exact revenge or anything," he said, scratching the back of his head. "And judging by how quiet it got over there, it's over," he said. "Now we need to wait until Kisu comes back to us," he said.

"Will he be the same afterwards?" Asked Jinhong. "I'm not sure," said Jeonguk. "I still feel awkward as hell with my other mate's wolf in my body but," he said, shrugging. "Let's get him and get out," said Daniel as he walked over after getting a change of clothes. "Might as well," said Woojin.

Hyungwon was the one to carry Kisu out of the building, finding a truck and putting him in the truck bed. Hongseob was the one to drive them home, since no one else was really up for the drive back.