Chapter 11

A Mate's Struggle

Jisung found himself sitting on a couch in the middle of an abandoned building with some sort of skylight above him, showing clear skies. "Is this Kisu's mind?" He asked himself as he looked up at the sky. He then looked at his surroundings as he stood, looking down at his feet and seeing a path of sorts form and lead him out of the building. "Well, it's time to go wake Kisu then," he said. He walked out of the building, following the path that lay before him, wondering where it was taking him.

They had reached the pack house and Jeonguk went to message Youngjae and Jooheon, giving a shortened version of what happened as Jinhong carried Kisu to his room. Hyungwon was left to his own devices as he quickly went to see what he could do about the rest of his clan.

Daniel found himself sticking to Kisu's side, and Woojin briefly wondered if Daniel had found his mate but then remembered that Daniel had no mate, they had been killed on a hunting mission gone wrong. Woojin and Hongseob were left to stick by Daniel's side, Woojin being there as a colleague and Hongseob wanting to be there for Kisu. "Come back to us Kisu," said Daniel. "Don't let Jisung's giving himself to you go to waste," he mumbled.

Jisung found himself standing in front of a park, the path having led him to it. "Kisu's here," he mumbled as he walked into the park, following his instincts as it led him to where Kisu was. "Kisu," he said, stopping in front of Kisu who was sitting against a tree, hugging his knees. Kisu looked up, blinking in confusion. "Jisung," he breathed out before he got up and ran into his arms. "I'm scared," he said. "It's alright," said Jisung. "Wake up now, I'll be right here," he said. "Wake up...?" Asked Kisu as the world around him faded to white.

Kisu woke up with a start, breathing heavily as he sat up. "Hyung!" Said Hongseob as he tackled Kisu. "Whoa there," said Kisu as he fell back onto the bed. Woojin went to get the others, with Hyungwon walking in first. "So it worked then," said Kisu as he noticed Hyungwon. Hyungwon nodded. "Jisung became your new wolf," he said. "Wait what?" Asked Kisu. Jeonguk was left to explain what had happened with Jisung and Hyunjin as he had finally recovered his memories.

"Wait, is Hyunjin your wolf then?" Asked Kisu. "Yes, and he's also apparently my older brother," said Jeonguk as he scratched the back of his head. "So that's where I know him from," he said. "Along with the fact that he is my wolf," he said. "What happens when you change?" Asked Jinhong. "You know, I'm not sure," said Kisu. "Jisung is there, I saw him in my mind," he said. "I don't want to try it yet," he said. "Fine with us," said Woojin.

"By the way, you might want to video call Youngjae when you get the chance," said Jeonguk. "Give me a little bit to adjust to having Jisung in my head first," said Kisu. "I want to try to see what happens when I change too," he said. Jeonguk nodded.

"Alright, leave Kisu be for a few hours," he said in Korean to Hongseob and Jinhong before repeating it in English. "Is it okay if I stay?" Asked Daniel. Kisu nodded. "Yeah," he said. Everyone left the room, with Daniel pulling out the second bed and sitting on it, leaning against the side of Kisu's bed. Kisu stared at the ceiling in comfortable silence, not really doing anything. He heard Jisung speak in his mind as he hummed to himself.

"Ah, life in someone's head is going to get rather complicated it seems," Jisung mumbled to himself as he sat down on the old couch in the old building, staring up at the sky through the skylight. "I want to see too, what would happen if you changed Kisu, I wonder if I'll be let free from here," he mumbled. "At least, for a while," he said. "There's nothing to do," he whined, throwing an arm over his eyes.

Kisu chuckled to himself as he reached for his phone, grabbing it and checking the chats he was in. "What's so funny?" Asked Daniel as he leaned his head back to look at Kisu. "Jisung's bored, that's all," said Kisu. "Can he even hear us?" Asked Daniel. "Yes," said Kisu as he heard the same response from Jisung. "Just can't see what's going on," he said. "Well that does get boring," Daniel said, chuckling some.

"Oh hush Daniel," grumbled Jisung as he threw a rock he found on the floor at the wall. "Well, there is a TV here, I wonder if this is my way of seeing things through your point of view," he said, getting up and going to turn on the TV. He blinked when he saw a picture of the phone screen. "It worked!" He said.

"Oh, it did then," mumbled Kisu as he shook his head. "What's up?" Asked Daniel. "Jisung found a way to see," said Kisu as he chuckled some. He made sure to text Youngjae and Jooheon saying that he was fine before sitting up and stretching. "How are you feeling?" Asked Daniel as he moved to face Kisu. "Fine," said Kisu. "Just a little sore," he said. "Do you mind if I ask why you're so clingy all of the sudden?" He asked.

"Ah, well," said Daniel as he scratched the back of his head. "This is complicated," he said, sighing. "I had a mate, kind of lost them the same way as what happened with you," he said. "Though, they were a turned werewolf so they lived the rest of their short life as a human," he said. "Lost them to a hunt gone wrong," he said. "So I sympathize a little," he said. "Ah," said Kisu. "Sorry for asking," he said. "No no," said Daniel. "I think Woojin wondered the same thing but he was there when it happened," he said, sighing a bit. "It's why I've kept hunting," he said. "For them," he said.

"I think when you go back to the states I might go visit Jaehyun for a while," he said. "Once we get Cory home and what not," he said. "I want to help in anyway I can," he said. "I think we'll need all the help we can get," said Kisu as he flopped down onto the bed again, letting his phone rest on his chest as he stared up at the ceiling.