Chapter 17

A Mate's Struggle

It was the day of Jeongin's graduation, and everyone was excited to see him graduate. There was a limited number of people able to go so Jisung, who was let out after Kisu woke up, Cory, Chan and Hyunjin went to see the ceremony. Everyone was left to prepare for the party later that afternoon, cooking and cleaning up the house for their human guests, and for when Jimin and Kihyun eventually make it home.

Jisung, Chan, Cory and Hyunjin walked into the gymnasium after turning in their tickets and went to sit down. Jisung was the first one to spot Jeongin in the crowd of students, pointing. "Found him," he said. "Ah, there he is," said Chan. Things went on as normal after everyone filed into the gymnasium, taking their seats and waiting for the ceremony to start.

The principal gave their speech before students started lining up to get their diplomas. As the line of students progressed Cory noticed something. "Ah, we have hunters it seems," he said in Korean, which grabbed Kisu's attention. "Hunters? Damn, I was hoping this would end without problems," said Kisu. Jisung hummed in response as he felt his body tense, keeping an eye out for their youngest. Chan put a hand on Jisung's shoulder. "It'll be alright," he said. "Act normal," he said. When Jeongin went to get his diploma Chan, Hyunjin, Jisung and Cory stood and cheered. They didn't care if everyone was looking at them, this was their youngest member of the pack after all.

After all the students were seated again the valedictorian gave his speech. After the students threw up their caps everyone went outside to find their family members. Cory, Chan and Hyunjin were dragged outside by Jisung as he went to look for Jeongin.

"Jeongin!" Called Jisung when he found him. "Oh, hi hyung," said Jeongin as he was tackled by Jisung. "We need to be careful," said Jisung. "Ah, I wanted to introduce you to my friends," said Jeongin. "Come on," he said, dragging Jisung along. Chan, Cory and Hyunjin followed after them.

"Hyunwoo, Siwoo, Hohyeon, Kangmin!" Called Jeongin. "Jeongin! We're over here," called Hyunwoo. Jeongin ran over, dragging Jisung and the others along. "Guys, these are my friends," said Jeongin. "Hyunwoo, Siwoo, Hohyeon and Kangmin, this is my uncle Cory and my older brothers Hyunjin and Jisung," he said introducing them. Kisu growled, causing Jisung to blink. "These are the hunters," he said. Jisung hummed in response as he tilted his head to the side.

"Chan," said Chan as he held out his hand. "Hyunwoo," said Hyunwoo as he shook hands with Chan. "Hunters eh?" Jisung asked suddenly. "Vampire hunters to be more precise," said Kangmin. "Who's faction?" Asked Cory. "Our own," said Hyunwoo. "We created ours from scratch, we're not well known," he said. "Who's your leader?" Asked Jisung. "Taeseon," said Siwoo. "Hm," said Cory.

"Jeongin, did you know?" Asked Jisung. Jeongin nodded. "They're nice people," he said. "We never finished high school so Taeseon had us finish it," said Hyunwoo. "Our group isn't well known, but our hyungs were taken in by Taeyong," he said. "Oh, you're the new group Taeyong took in?" Asked Jisung. Siwoo nodded. "Just Taeseon, Jihun and Hayoung became vampire hunters, the others run the faction business," he said. "Are you going to the graduation party?" Asked Jeongin. "Sure," said Siwoo. "We'll be there, we live next door," he said.

"Oh, you're the people who live next door," said Cory. "Was wondering who moved in," he said. "Yeah," said Kangmin. "We'll see you at home then," said Jisung as he turned to Jeongin. "Yep, Changkhyun needs me to pick up some last minute things so I'll be back a little later," said Jeongin. "Have a safe drive," said Hyunwoo. Jeongin nodded and walked out to the parking lot with Cory, Chan, Hyunjin and Jisung following after him.

"You guys can trust them," said Jeongin. "They know we have vampire hunters in our pack so they won't do anything unless we do something to them first," he said. "Mm," said Cory. "Sorry for being... Hesitant but," he said, scratching the back of his head. "No worries," said Jeongin. "I better go then," he said. "I'll see ya'll at home," he said before getting in his truck. Chan, Jisung and Hyunjin waved before following Cory back to Jin's truck. Cory drove home, with Jisung in the passenger seat and Chan and Hyunjin in the back seat.

"It went well I assume," said Changkhyun as Cory entered the house with the others. "Yeah," said Cory. "Met the neighbors, they're vampire hunters," he said. "I know," said Changkhyun. "Taeyong let us know that he was coming back with our neighbors," he said, showing the text. "Well, that's good, I was missing Doyoung," Hoseok said, chuckling some. "Let's get ready for the party then eh?" Asked Cory. Everyone went to help get the final preparations ready.

After a couple hours Jeongin came home with the last bit of what they needed, having had to go into the city to get the last bit of items they needed. Kisu, who was let out to stretch his legs, came out with Cory to help bring things inside. "Hey Kisu," said Jeongin as he helped grab the last of the stuff. "Yo," said Kisu before he went inside with the bags. "When is the party starting?" Asked Jeongin. "In another hour, we've gotten all the prep done, we're just waiting on a few other people," said Kisu.

"Any word from Kihyun or Jimin yet?" Asked Cory. "They're with Taeyong, Jinhwan and Yunhyeong should be showing up soon, and Taeyong's about an hour out," said Hoseok. "Go get your friends," said Chan as he walked over to Jeongin. "I'd like to meet them," said Hoseok. "Sure," said Jeongin before he left the house, going next door.