Chapter 4

The MVP's Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is your foot okay now, Ms. Minatozaki?" The librarian asked as she glanced at the said girl's foot.

"Y-Yes, ma'am."

"Very well. Don't use the ladders for this week, I'll let Ms. Chou do the climbing. That would be all."

She then passed by her as her heels clicked through the tiled room. Sana could only sigh.

Starting from collecting the books on the tables, down to wiping some dust on the counter. Sana worked onto it slowly since there are no more students as of the moment.

Sana glanced at the big wall clock that is hanging on the wall above the entrance, it marked four sharp.

"Tzuyu might not be coming today." She pouted while glancing at some books that she passes by on the shelves.

When she was about to turn into another row, a guy was waving his hands to her direction. She flinched and looked behind her and found no one, so she pointed herself. When he nodded, she hurriedly walked towards him.

"Yes? Is there anything I can assist you with?"

The guy was busy scratching his nape as his eyes wandered around out of nervousness.

Sana looked at him with a curious stare. "Is there any book you would like to borrow?" She asked again hoping the guy would respond back. She really couldn't understand him.

"If you got no business here, you are welcome to leave."

The guy looked at Sana in surprise, as the girl mirrored his expression as well. He then spun around and found the one and only MVP of the basketball team—Chou Tzuyu.

The taller girl walked towards him with a stoic expression.

"If you got no intentions in book relations, other reasons are not welcome here."

She then stopped right in front of him, having almost the same height, Tzuyu looked at him in her signature blank stare.

"What are you waiting for?"

"U-Uhh. . . I-I'm sorry!"

He walked backward trying to hide the flower from Sana and successfully exited the premises.

"Ah, Tzuyu-ah."

The younger one looked at her and her expression softens.

"Sorry I'm late, Sana." She added a smile making the latter smile as well.

Sana shook her head and went closer to her. "It's okay. By the way, you're too strict."

She raised a brow at her. "Is that so."

"Yeah."

"He doesn't need anything so why the need to loiter around." Tzuyu passed by her and picked up some books on the side tables facing the windows and disappeared in-between the shelves.

"Hmm. . . Tzuyu-ah is so mysterious."

She wasn't wrong.
.
.
.
Half-past six, Sana was already finished cleaning the papers on the table and now was currently waiting for Tzuyu.

"Tzuyu-ah?" She called.

Seconds later, the latter emerges from the dark side of the library.

"Are you done?"

Sana nodded and glanced at the dark side. "What are you doing there? It's so dark."

"I turned off the lights and locked the windows."

"Oh. I thought all the switch are here." She pointed at the series of buttons on the side of the entrance door.

"There were some lights that need to be put out on that side." She answered. "Let's go."

Sana just nodded and followed the latter behind after locking the door.

Minutes of silence, they were able to reach the parking lot. Tzuyu then opened her passenger door in the front.

"I'll take you home."

"Eh?" Sana blinked. 

Sana didn't mean to follow the younger one just to take a free ride. Obviously, she was spacing out since Tzuyu's right hand were brushing against hers earlier. 

"N-No, thanks. I just walked with you and I didn't realize I followed you 'til here."

Tzuyu just stared at her blankly making her nervous all of the sudden. She thought of being alone in a parking lot with your crush is nerve-wracking. Especially when she's staring dead straight into her eyes.

Her thoughts were then cut-off when her bag was snatched from her and was thrown inside the car.

"Still not gonna let me take you home?" Tzuyu smirked earning a pout from the latter.

"Mou. . ."

All she could do is whine and get in. Tzuyu smiled victoriously.
.
.
.
"Wait. This is not—"

"Let's eat dinner. I'm hungry with all the practice and stuff." Tzuyu answered as her eyes were glued on the road.

'Oh my God! Is this a date?!'

Sana mentally screamed as she glued her eyes outside the window as she tried to avoid the latter's curious glances.

'Oh my God! Oh my God! We're gonna eat dinner! Just the two of us! We're gonna eat dinner!'

"Are you okay?"

"H-Huh? Oh, y-yes." She grinned awkwardly as she fumbles her fingers through her hair unknowingly.

"What are you thinking?"

Sana flinched. She really can't answer that, to be honest.

"Nothing."

"Your serious face while biting your lips isn't nothing."

The older girl clenched her teeth then instantly face outside to cover her red face.

"Something bothering you?" Asked the younger one as she stepped on the breaks for the red light. She then glanced at the silent girl.

"What is it?"

Still got no response making Tzuyu sighed. She then stepped on the accelerator for the green light.

On the other hand, Sana was so red she can't even turn her head away from the window.

'I should be careful! Minatozaki Sana, control yourself.'

Suddenly, the door opened making her flinched. Sana was so inclined with her thoughts she didn't even realize they already had parked on the side street.

"Come on." Tzuyu encouraged as she held out her hand for Sana to accept.

The older girl is so flustered she doesn't know what to do. Accept? or Run?

No need to choose. Tzuyu already grabbed her right hand and pulled her out of the car gently. A beep from the car was then heard.

'This is the road to heaven.' Sana thought as she looked at their hands clasped together. 'Life is so wonderful today.'

She then saw Tzuyu pulled out a chair for her, and she took it directly. The latter then sat across.

"Are you okay now?" Tzuyu asked.

Sana could only give a meek nod as her eyes scanned the area.

'Holy—'

Her eyes went wide. The place was awfully fancy. Not to mention, the place had a glimmering gold effect and it feels like it burned her eyes. The smell of the resto had an aroma of U.S. dollars than Korean won.

Her eyes can't stop scanning the place. She even saw waiters in suits rather than a normal outfit. And some customers, from the other side of the room, wore smart casuals. She then looked down on herself.

Her uniform wasn't even ironed since she doesn't have any. There's also smudge on the sides of her blouse due to the dust of the books she carried. Her hair hasn't been combed properly and her face. Oh boy, she doesn't want to know. She was totally out of place.

Sana saw Tzuyu ordered something from the waiter who then bowed and left. She then looked at her.

"You looked like you're about to cry." She said while looking at Sana worriedly.

"Y-You didn't tell me we're eating in an expensive restaurant," Sana whispered while lowering her head.

"Expensive. . . ? Well, I did ask you earlier in the car if where we could eat yet you were too busy thinking about something."

Mentally cursing to never do it again next time.

"Are you sure it's okay to eat here? I mean, we're not dressed for it."

Tzuyu chuckled. "Okay, is that why you had that 'awe' face? It's okay to eat here, don't worry."

"B-But I—"

"I'm paying."

'Okay, Sana. You can't argue with her anymore. She likes to do it her way.' Sana thought as she puffed her cheeks and glanced away acquiring another light laugh from the latter.

"You should get used to it."

With that, it took Sana a millisecond to snap her head towards Tzuyu.

"What?"

"You should get used to it," Tzuyu repeated making Sana raised a brow.

"I-I can't. I-It's not like I really eat in this kind of places."

The more Sana talked, the more she felt so small in this very extravagant restaurant.

"Well, if you're with me that is."

'Oh my God! I'm gonna have a heart attack with that. What did she say? Oh, my ears.'

Sana then thought of something to divert her busy mind into much more sensible things.

"If you're this rich, then why work in the library?"

Tzuyu could only hum as she sets her chin on top of her right palm.

"Well, I have my reasons."

"Can I ask what?" Sana said.

"To make it easier, let's just say I want silence."

The older girl could only look at her in question. "Eh?"

". . .and to keep one precious book away from people who don't know how to take care of it. I've been keeping an eye of that certain book fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter