Chapter 1

The MVP's Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An unknown guy was peeking from the corner while watching a certain girl inside her classroom packing things up to go home. He took a grip of his neatly wrapped red rose and a small box of chocolates in both hands. Gulping, he tries to relax before pursuing the beauty that is left inside.

'Minatozaki Sana, will you go out with me?' he mentally practiced his lines as his breathing becomes labored due to nervousness. But then his thoughts were cut off when he felt a tap on his shoulder making him turn around.

"Mind asking, what are you doing?"

His eyes went wide like he had seen a ghost, he back away from the person. Away from the classroom even. "Wh-Why do you care?"

The person rolled his eyes. "Are you trying to hit on her?" A smirked marked on his face making the guy shudder and back against the wall.

"Why do you care anyway? I-It's not like she's your girlfriend!" He spatted. Clearly, his words stabbed like a dagger that obviously didn't faze the latter. His words quivered out of terror as he tried to pry him off away.

The latter just gave him a blank stare and turned his back against him. But before the person left, turning his neck sideways meeting his shaken eyes.

"Suit yourself."

Those two words made every suitor shudder. The man ran away before the latter could even take a step forward. Dropping all his gifts on the ground, the intimidator smirked and picked it up before throwing it onto the trash bin.

"He shouldn't litter around."

Taking a glimpse at the girl inside who's still busy arranging things in her bag. The unknown person muttered something to himself before walking away with a stoic expression.

"Blacklisted."

×××

(Sana's Side)

Sana zipped her bag before slinging her it onto her shoulder. She sighed as how heavy it is, not to mention the books she borrowed from the library during lunch. 

As she made her way out, she made sure that the classroom was locked. Glancing from both opposite directions, all she can see is an empty hallway deprived of students. Sometimes, she finds their school a bit calming since the sea of students then disappeared by four in the afternoon, except for some sports club.

"Hmm. . . The silence sure is creepy sometimes." She mumbled to herself as she hugged the two books while walking along the deserted corridor.

Her usual route always has to pass by the gymnasium were basketball players tend to practice til late at night especially when the tournament is coming near.

Hearing skids and running footsteps, she took a peek inside. There, she found the girl's basketball team. Deciding to watch them through the ajar door, her heartbeat skipped when her eyes laid on that certain person.

"Chou!" The other girl shouted as she passed the ball to the said girl. When it was caught, stepping on the three-point line she then does a fade-away shot as she avoided the opponent's defense.

"Nice! Another three points!" Another girl ran up to the three-pointers and do a high-five. "You're not our MVP for nothing."

"Okay! That's it for today!" The coached clapped his hands signaling them to prepare for going home.

Sana, on the other hand, can't help but blush. She bit her lip in the process as she backed away from the metal door. She then sighed.

"It's been years since I fell in love with her. Was it even love anyway?" Another sigh escaped from her lips as she adjusted her glasses and books on-hold before walking away. "Too bad for me though. She doesn't notice or know me even." Chuckling bitterly as she felt her heart getting crushed.

Her feet took her outside the campus and stopped just right at the gates. She then looked at the sky.

"I'm wishing for someone who can return my feelings. Not this one-sided thing." She pouted before taking another step towards her apartment.

Little did she know that someone was there listening to her wish.

"Maybe, just maybe, I'm all you need." The person whispered before walking off in the same direction as Sana did.
.
.
.
'I'll stop by the convenience store for a while. I forgot that I have no more food supply for this week.'

Sana pouted again as she entered the store picking up a basket, she then settled the books inside it. She scanned the aisle one by one to look for the food section and when she found it, she immediately grabbed some cup noodles and other instant stuff. Not that she can't cook, rather she just can't afford to buy ingredients since she's currently broke at the moment.

Living alone in an almost run-down apartment, considering it was the cheapest of all. And having no parents and relatives to rely on financially is harder for her. All she can do is get a part-time job to sustain her needs. Since she was a scholar, all of her school expenses are paid. All she needs to do is maintain her grades.

Her parents died in a plane crash on the way back to Japan. Having to work overseas, they need to fly back just to celebrate Christmas. But that Christmas was the saddest of them all.

Being the only daughter, and her parents have no other siblings as they are alone as well, nobody can take care of her. She was almost sent to an orphanage but gladly, her grandmother took her in who's living in Seoul at that time. Sana's grandma then died when she reached middle school, now everything for her is black not until she met the basketball player—Chou Tzuyu.

She saw her playing in the basketball court alone, doing some three-points and lay-ups impressing her to no end. Not to mention, she's really very pretty and tall. Yet, she doesn't even know her. All she knows is that they are in the same school and that's it. But despite not knowing who the player was, Sana still managed to see her in the afternoon playing in the court when she had time right after her work as a library assistant.

From then on, Sana realized she had a crush on her. Well, who wouldn't? She got all the qualities a person wants. But she knew nothing about the girl. After a year of seeing the tall girl, all she knew was her name was Chou Tzuyu and is younger than her by two years yet they are in the same year. Yes, she's accelerated. How smart is she?

Happened to be in the same school for Highschool, Sana couldn't even be happier. Tzuyu is the only one that can make her smile from her sad life. Even though knowing that hundredths of students tend to ask the tall girl out, she knew that the tall girl rejected them all. She doesn't know why but it gave her an advantage that her crush is still single and that one day she'll confess to her. She knows to herself that she'll surely be turned down but at least she will know when to stop her stupid feelings.

Blushing from the memories she remembered, a small smile escaped from her lips. She then shook her head and continue to drop the pack of instants in the basket.

"Hmm. . ." She hummed as she scanned the displayed items from top to bottom. And there she found the last item she wanted to buy—Limited edition of Japanese Ramen. 

"Aish. . . Too high!" She grumbled as she tried to reach it on tiptoes.

Having the item displayed at the height she can't even reach, she sighed and gave up. She just looked up and see the price tag—A glimmering price of 5000₩. 

"Aigoo. . . Even if I did get it, I can't even afford it. I need to work more!" She smiled from her own word of encouragement before walking towards the cashier and pays for the items.

"Thank you and come again." The cashier bowed and handed the bag to her.

"Thank you." She bowed back and when she was about to walk away from the latter call her back.

"Miss! Are you by chance Ms. Sana?" He asked making Sana confused all of a sudden.

"Uhm. . . Yes, why do you ask?" Is he going to ask me out? 

She suddenly went red with her own thoughts but then was cut off when the guy handed her another bag of items. Sana star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter