Chapter 2

The MVP's Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days had passed, yet Sana couldn't even initiate a proper conversation towards her love-interest. The younger girl herself was reserved and silent most of the time they are together arranging books. But nonetheless, the taller one doesn't really fancy talking.

Both are still in an eerie silence, for Sana that is. Tzuyu kept arranging the books back to the shelf while Sana zoned out as she stared at the younger one out of curiosity.

"Are you done?"

Sana flinched and dropped the book she was holding and eventually hit her left foot. It wasn't even a thin book, it was one of the hardbound covered books that have more than one thousand pages.

"Argh!" She yelped and crouched down holding her aching foot.

Tzuyu, on the other hand, snapped her head towards the older girl the moment she heard her cry. She immediately ran beside her and checked her foot.

"Can you curl your toes?" She asked while removing the latter's shoe.

Meanwhile, Sana already had forgotten the pain and is now focusing on Tzuyu's hands on her foot. She's not sure anymore whether it still hurts or not 'coz surely for her Tzuyu's hands were like an anesthetic.

"Sana?"

"I-I'm sorry. . ." She mumbled out. "It hurts a bit but I can manage to walk, I think."

"Okay, let me see you walk."

Tzuyu helped her up and was about to let go when Sana cried in pain making her hugged the latter instantly.

"Now you know the answer."

The taller girl's conclusion made Sana into a blushing mess—much redder than earlier. Not only that, but she's also hugging her crush right now. A big red stoplight is now emerging.

'I don't know whether I should be happy or not.' Biting her lower lip to stop herself from smiling. 'It's painful! Yet, I'm so happy!'

"Wait. Hold on to the shelf." 

Tzuyu commanded making Sana obeyed in an instant. She then crouched down, while back facing the ailing girl.

"Come on."

Sana was so flustered that she couldn't even hold back her smile anymore. She's obviously happy that she got hurt.

"I-I'm heavy."

Tzuyu just gave a side glance before looking forward. "Piggyback? or Bridal style? Choose."

"Wha-What?!"

Surely she heard the latter wrong. Not to mention the library echoed three times back. Even if she heard it right, she still couldn't believe that her crush of all time is offering a very huge proposal and that is to carry her.

"Want me to choose for you?"

Sana hurriedly jumped on Tzuyu's back as she buried her burning face on the latter's soft hair. She obviously doesn't want the taller girl to see her tomato face.

As Tzuyu was walking across the empty hall slowly, Sana's mind went haywire again.

'A dream that I don't want to wake up forever.'

As they are passing by the empty corridor, Sana couldn't help but think about how loud her heart is beating. She leaned back giving a good two inches or more just to avoid Tzuyu feeling any drumming against her back.

"What are you doing? You'll fall back if you leaned away."

Sana became flustered again and bit her lower lip.

"I-I'm sorry. I must be really heavy."

With that, she then heard the latter chuckled in amusement.

"As if. You're so thin that you can be easily blown by the wind."

That made Sana even more flustered making her pout and slapped Tzuyu's shoulder.

"Yah! What do you mean by that?!"

The taller girl chuckled again. "It's true. You're much lighter than my teammates."

On the other hand, Sana realizes her actions. She just hit Tzuyu's shoulder out of comfort.

"Hey. Don't think too much about it. I really find you interesting though."

"I-I'm sorry for hitting you. I didn't mean to."

Even though Tzuyu wasn't looking at her, she knows what her face looked right now.

"I told you, don't think too much about it. It's fine."

Tzuyu gave a side glance and smiled making Sana wondered how she managed to make her smile so easily. All she heard from other people was that she's cold and doesn't give a damn about the others, even in tournaments.

No smiles, just shots.

And now she's here witnessing what other people can't. She's very lucky indeed. And now she's thinking about what the latter had said earlier.

"Why are you interested in me? I'm no one special."

Tzuyu gave another side glance before answering. "That. That part of you is interesting. That's why."

"Huh?"

"In life, you meet bad people so all you have to do is avoid them."

"But not all people are bad."

"Everyone has their dark side."

"So, are you still interested if I had one?"

Tzuyu slowed her pace then looked outside the large opened windows seeing the night sky kissing the reddish hue away to evening.

"I'm sure avoiding you is not on my list."

Sana could never be redder.
.
.
.
"Press this onto your swollen foot Ms. Minatozaki."

The nurse reached out an ice pack to her and when she was about to reach for it Tzuyu beat her to it. This made her look at the younger one in surprise.

"Thank you," Tzuyu said and gave a bow.

"I'll just be at my table if you need me."

Then she left.

Tzuyu crouched down on one knee bend and slowly took Sana's aching foot. Pressing the pack lightly to avoid more pain.

Sana, on the other hand, is on the verge of squealing. Seeing Tzuyu on one knee bend is a dream come true. Well, even though the latter was tending her foot but still, it made her heart race. She kept a good stare at the concentrated player as she kept clenching a fistful of blanket beside her.

"I'll just get a cooling pad and a bandage." Tzuyu stands and proceeds towards the nurse at the farthest side of the room.

With that, Sana immediately took the chance to squeal against the pillow beside her and kept a tight grip like it's about to tear apart.

"Here it is."

"Ah, thank you." She awkwardly smiled as she was almost got caught at a very embarrassing situation. Glad she had good hearing skills. Being able to detect the latter's cat steps is a gift.

Then again, Tzuyu crouched down on one knee bend and pressed the cooling pad onto Sana's skin before wrapping the bandage on her feet.

"I'll take you home."

"To where?" ..to your home? Oh my God!

Sana's delusions got the best of her, she was obviously not thinking straight anymore.

"To your house."

The latter burst into redness the moment the younger one turned her back.

'God! Get a grip Minatozaki!'

×××

Tzuyu opened the passenger's door for Sana and held her hand after they arrived at the aided girl's apartment. She then slung it over her shoulders and held Sana's waist for support.

Sana is trying her best not to faint out of overwhelmed feelings. She's really glad that it's already evening and the darkness of the streets is really a big help for now.

As they are slowly walking towards the apartment, Tzuyu kept glancing around the dark part of the area where large bushes and trees gathered. Moreover, no streetlights, only a stranded flickering lamp in the corner.

"I suggest you should relocate."

Sana raised a brow at her. "Eh?"

"Just look at how creepy the streets are. No lights and it's like an abandoned street that had no proper maintenance."

That made Sana pout. "I can't, since this apartment of mine is the cheapest one around. I  can't afford the other flats with a good background."

"Is that so."

"Yeah."

As they reached the front door of Sana's, she then hurriedly fished out her keys and opened her door. Tzuyu still got a good grip on her waist making her flustered even more.

"Welcome to my humble home! Hehe. . ." Sana grinned awkwardly since her so-called home is a bit run down.

Tzuyu settled her on the sofa slowly, well on the part where there's no spring that grew out. The younger one welcomed herself with her eyes wandering around Sana's little house.

Cracks on the walls that were tried to be concealed behind a series of different types of floral designed wallpapers but still showing up on the papers torn parts. 

The ceilings are no better since some of the flat board cracked open. Probably because of the rain since there's a bucket of half-filled water underneath it. 

The kitchen was just right across the living room, without a wall boarder the awful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter