The Wedding

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunji stared at her phone.  She had been holding her phone like a life-line, her heart in a whirl and her head, a complete mess.  He did that to her.  She was always relaxed and friendly to everyone but when it came to him, it was different.  Whenever he was near, her senses would heightened so much, she felt like spiderman, except, she is not a man and don't climb walls.  She gave a quiet sigh.  She didn't know exactly when it began but before she knew what was happening, her heart had stopped listening to her.  She was fresh from Busan and everything in Seoul had looked frightening.  She had always been tough but coming all the way out here, alone, to Seoul, had been a little daunting.  Her satoori had been laughed at and joining a group of seven girls whom she thought were all sophisticated and beautiful had hammered her confidence.  She wasn't sure about her looks, her talents, her ability to succeed and he was there for her, her oppa, her sunbae, right from the start.  He was funny when she needed to laugh, gentle when she needed to cry and quiet when she needed to talk; but he didn't know, and will probably never know how she feels.  She pulled her shoulders back and took a deep breath, her heart climbed back down .  The door behind her opened as her manager walked in. 

 

 

 

It was 6.30 in the morning and the EXO dorm room was already bustling.  Suho got up early this morning, phone-bombed by Taemin.  He looked at his reflection in the mirror and sighed as he called out to Kai.

 

"Jongin-ah!  You ready? The shoot starts at 8.30!We need to be there by 8.00!"

 

Kai stuck his head in through the open door, grinning.

 

"I have been ready since 6.00am, hyeong.  Taemin hyeong just put down the phone a minute ago."

 

Suho sighed.  "I got his call at 5.00am this morning!  We better go before he calls again."

 

The two, in the company of their managers, got out of the dorm but not before Suho went through his usual routine of quick-fire nagging.  Chanyeol zipped into his room as soon as he saw Suho's mouth opened.  The rest of the boys simply nodded, not actually paying him much attention.  D.O walked them to the door, all the while nodding obligingly like the dutiful wife. 

 

The shoot location was around an hour's drive from Seoul.  Kai and Suho both made use of that time to catch some shut-eye.  They were roused by their managers as the van pulled into the location.  Kai whistled at the beauty of the set.  This place was a well known historical, cultural site and had been a favorite wedding venue for couples who wished to experience  traditional Joseon weddings.  The production crew of WGM had prepared for weeks for this wedding and Kai felt a sudden wistfulness as he tailed behind Suho.  Shooting was already underway for some parts of the show and they walked into the midst of bustling staff, looking for the chief producer when Kai first spotted Taemin sitting on a chair at the far end near his black van, fanning himself. 

 

"Taemin hyeong!" Kai shouted as he walked over.

 

Taemin turned to look at them.  He flew up in an instant, running towards them.  He ran into the boys s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter