The Event

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who is it?" A voice drifted out. 

Sehun and Xiumin paused for a breath, then entered the door.  The girls were clearly taken back, probably not expecting EXO members.  Apink had debuted a year before EXO did so, technically, they were their sunbaes and the boys bowed deeply, before amusingly greeting them with their official greet.

 

"One, two, three. We are Exo."

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, we are Apink." In response, the girls greeted back, as officially.

 

Xiumin suspected the girls could already guess why they were there.  He had not been interested in them much.  The girls were sweet but they were not exactly his type.  In fact, they had so little contact that he wasn't really sure who's who before now.  Sehun looked to him for a cue and they awkwardly start off their mission through a pre-written message on a sketchpad.

 

"Naeun Sunbaenim, you must be surprised." The sketchpad said.

 

"Your gift has arrived. Will you accept it? Yes/Accept."

 

Naeun came forward. She awkwardly pointed to the 'Yes/Accept' and both guys moved quickly onto the next message.

 

"Wow. Your route direction starts here." 

 

"Are we going somewhere?" Chorong asked as the boys signaled for the girls to follow them.

 

"You will have to follow us." Sehun answered.

 

And with that, Xiumin and Sehun went out Apink's waiting room with six girls at their heels.  They walked across the corridor towards the empty studio where EXO and WGM was staging the event. 

 

Xiumin and Sehun walked along side one another, both feeling keenly uncomfortable.  While Xiumin was the 'Madhyeong' of the group and was more steadfast, Sehun was the "Maknae".However, he had never really been awkward around girls.  He had been quite popular in high school and had confidence enough to deal with most of the opposite .  As the maknae of EXO, he had a lot of experience with noonas, so it was with a little surprise that he found himself suddenly inept and a little shy around these sunbaes.  These girls were cautious and gave off a vibe that made him conscious and more than a little nervous.  Sure, he had been really nervous when he first met his label mates sunbaes Girls Generation, but he had warmed to them very quickly.  This, however, was a whole lot different.  He couldn't quite decide how it made him feel, though he was certain of one thing, he was glad when they finally entered the doors of the studio.

 

 

The boys had been holding their poses for at least a good 2 minutes before Xiumin and Sehun walked through the studio doors.  They had left the girls at the door with the instruction to count for 10 seconds before entering.  The moment the boys entered, they quickly gave the rest "OK" signs and got out of the way to join the meat team -- those in charge of grilling beef behind a screen.  The smell of the sizzling meat had already carried through, filling the entire studio. There is no way the girls wouldn't notice, Xiumin thought to himself.

 

For the rest of the boys, that tree of life pose had been physically torturous to maintain.  They were all hitting their limits when the 6 Apink girls finally walked through the doors.  Suho couldn't really see them but could hear them.  They sounded surprised and nervous.  The girls probably had no idea what they had planned but, at that point, he just wanted to get moving because the pose was simply killing him.  They were supposed to start their dance as soon as Chanyeol started counting one, two, three but they just froze and laughed awkwardly until Baekhyun complained aloud.

 

"Let's just do this quckly!" 

 

And with that, they started their dance routine changing their lyrics to I am Taemin..You're Naeun... It was pretty embarrassing to dance without the music and performing in front of a group of g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter