The Fall

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Joon-myeon yawned as he got out of his bed, stared at the alarm clock in disgust, closed his eyes for a moment more before scooping himself out of his bed.  The rest of the boys were still snoozing.  He went through his schedule for today in his mind as he brushed his teeth.  He had an early meeting with the boss today, then later with the producers of Saving Santa.  His hand stopped moving.  He looked up at his reflection in the mirror.  Saving Santa.  Cough.  Cough.  Cough.  He almost choked.  Oh, right.  Today's the day!  He had been so busy these two weeks, he had somehow completely forgotten about the production meeting.  He sped brushed his teeth, checked for imperfections on his skin, slapped on some sunscreen and light BB cream, then took an extra 15 minutes for his hair.  He walked back out to his room and picked at his wardrobe for so long, his manager had gone into his room, stood beside him and literally besieged him in exasperated nagging.

 

"Ya, this checked shirt looks good too...hey, wait, don't...stop changing!!!" 

 

Finally, after another 20 minutes, Suho walked out of EXO's dorm in a combination of light blue shirt and black slacks.  He smiled sheepishly at his manager who was grumbling all the way to their MPV.

 

 

It was already mid Autumn but the afternoon sun was still relentlessly blinding when Suho dragged himself out of SM Entertainment's building.  The meeting had been long and some decisions about the music video had still to be finalized, he felt a sense of weariness enveloped him.  As Suho got into the van, his manager started rambling on about the rest of the schedule for the day when the word, 'Saving Santa' caught his attention.  And just like that, that weariness lifted.  He sat back comfortably, put his earphones on and proceeded to watch a live performance on his phone.  His manager peeked at what Suho was watching, assuming it to be EXO's dance practice or rehearsal videos when his eyebrows arched in surprise.  He turned to look at Suho, who returned his look but mouthed a single, "Why?"

 

His manager pointed at the video he was watching, asking in a loud enough voice for him to be heard,  "I never knew you to be interested in watching girl group videos?  Especially non-SM artistes?"

 

Suho gave him a smile as he rattled off a list of reasons.

 

"First, hyeong.  I do watch girl group music videos, but it's only to see the different styles each group has.  Second,  Apink sunbaenim has done a really good job on their recent album so there's nothing wrong in learning from them.  Third, I believe what I watch has nothing to do with you."

 

His manager's mouth hung open.  The 'what did I say?' look was written, clearly, on his face.  He had not seen Suho like this before.  He muttered a quiet 'Sorry' before sliding back into his own seat, still puzzling over what he did to warrant such a reaction.

 

Suho went back to his video watching but when his manager's head was turned, he tilted his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter