Butterflies

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat dripped from his chin onto his T-shirt.  They had been at it for 3 hours.  His legs felt like jelly and he could barely stand.  He could hear the rasping breaths from Chen and Chanyeol nearby.  His own breathing was shallow, he had to take in deep breaths to regulate his heart.  The only one that seemed unaffected was Kai, who looked relaxed, chugging down water at the corner of their dance studio.  The new dance routine was tough and they were sorely tested in their stamina.  They didn't have as much time now for exercise since they debuted.  He sighed, making a mental note to himself that he had to find time to squeeze in an exercise regime for everyone.  He glanced at the clock in the dance studio, 5 minutes to 12pm.  Their next schedule was at 2pm and that would leave them with barely enough time to wash up, grab lunch and prepare.  As all this was going through in his head, their manager walked over to pass him his phone. Suho looked a little surprised.

"Who?"  He silently mouthed.

 

"SHINee ya, SHINee."  Their manager hurriedly answered.

 

He wiped his sweaty palms on his pants and cleared his voice.

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Ahh...Joon-Myeon hyeong! It's me."  The voice on the other end gave a cheery greeting.

 

"Ah. Taemin Sunbaenim! How are you today?"  

 

"Joon-Myeon hyeong, please don't speak so formally when there is only two of us."

 

Hahaha. Okay, okay, got it. What's up then?"  Suho then replied casually.

 

That quick change into casual speech made Taemin chuckled.

 

"Hahahaha.  Hyeong, you do remember me asking if EXO can help me with a surprise event for the We Got Married show, right?"

 

"Yeah. I remember."

 

"Well, the event broadcast date is confirmed and we need to shoot before the end of the month and we will need to discuss the details with the show's PD nim. Will you have time tomorrow for a quick meet?" 

 

At this point, Suho can hear hoots and cackling in the background on Taemin's end of the line.  He also heard what sounded like Jonghyun and Minho's voice adding to the noise.

 

"Ya! It's real important for Taemin!  It's the rest of his life we are talking about so do a good job!"  They shouted, followed by hysterical laughter.

 

"Hold on a sec."

 

Suho gave a tiny chuckle as he looked over to his manager.

 

"Hyeong! Tomorrow after the Music Bank recording, we have a short break before the studio session right?"  Suho called out to his manager who had been talking to Kai.

 

"This is for the We Got Married recording?"  Their manager crossed over to him quickly and confirmed.

 

Suho nodded quickly.  His manager nodded in reply.

 

"Okay.  Tomorrow, you go with Kai.  The rest can head straight to the studio session." 

 

Suho, gave the manager a thumbs up sign. Turning back to the phone, he spoke.

 

"Taemin ah, can we meet after 4 tomorrow?  We have Music Bank recording before that." 

 

"Got it.  I will let them know.  Sugohaseyo Joon-Myeon hyeong." 

 

Suho looked up after he hung up and instantly, he saw a circle of boys staring at him as if he was the sheep.  It took less than a second before the torrents of questions came flying, ranging from Why?  Why?  Why?  What's going on?  to What's happening!?  Everyone was talking all at once and he didn't know if he should laugh at the sudden outburst of excitement when only a moment ago they were lying half dead on the floor, or cry over all their questions.  He simply got up, walked towards their manager, threw his arm over his shoulders, pointed at him and said, "Hyeong here have all the answers." before he made his escape and run out of the studio, quick as a fox.

 

Their manager could only stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter