Hearts Beat

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been 2 weeks after the recording of WGM surprise event but Suho could still hear the catchy chorus of 'No no no' in his head.  Well, not so much in his head right now, as someone seemed to be playing it somewhere in the dorm at this moment.  He smiled a tiny smile, recalling the event and the immense embarrassment he had felt then.  It was a break from their usual routine and he had enjoyed it as much as the boys did.  He hummed to himself as he went back to what he was doing.  He had been looking at the script and read several lines out loud, trying them in different voices.  He was working on what was the best way to approch the character when an insistent knock broke his focus.  He looked up, a little annoyed.  His manager had opened the door and stuck his head in.

 

"The producers just got back.  The cast is finalised.  As discussed, you're the lead character... hang on."

 

The manager paused to look at the details on a stack of papers he was holding, then continued.

 

"...Bernard.  Here, these are the updated scripts and information."

 

Suho reached over for the papers, eyeing them quickly as his manager continued.

 

"The production meeting is on the third Monday from now.  It's in your schedule.  The timeline for production is on the last page, take a look."

 

Suho flipped the pages rapidly, scanning for key details until his eyes suddenly stopped at something.  He looked up at his manager, a twinkle in his eyes.

 

"Hyeong, who are the rest of the cast, again?"

 

"Ah, as for the other two main casts, I think they're Shin Dongyup ssi and Apink's Jung Eunji ssi."

 

Suho stared at the name on the page.  Jung Eunji - Shiny.  Jung Eunji.  He remained silent, absorbed in that one detail.  The manager looked at him curiously.

 

"Why?  What is it?"

 

Suho looked up then and just for a flash, there was an unfamiliar glint flickered in his eyes but it was gone so quick, the manager thought he must have imagined it. 

 

"Nothing.  Just looking at the details of the characters."  Suho replied with his usual smile.

 

His manager shrugged and suddenly another head popped right beside the manager's.  The twin heads squeezed through the gap between the door looked so funny Suho had to suppress an impulse to laugh.  Kai frowned, wondering why Suho's face was all twisted up.  But soon, the purpose of his appearance overtook his puzzling annoyance at Suho's strange expression.  He was holding a phone with his right hand while his left hand was covering the speaker.

 

"Hyeong, it's Taemin hyeong.  There is another recording for WGM and he is asking if we can go." Kai asked.

 

The manager turned to look at him.

 

"Another one?"

 

"His wedding."  Kai looked sheepish as he silently mouthed.

 

Now, both the manager hyeong and Suho exclaimed in unison.

 

"What?!"

 

And in the end,  after much deliberation and rejigging their schedules, it was decided that Kai and Suho would be attending Taemin's WGM wedding as asked.  Suho sighed.  His schedule was now bordering on the impossible but, as tightly wound as he is, he was happy for the work.  He felt that he was finally moving forward.  He could remember the days when he was still a trainee and had wondered if he was ever going to take the next step.  He took another look at the name he had underlined with a red pen.  A tiny smile creeped onto his face.  He was looking forward to working with that smile.  
 

The next day had the EXO boys all out, rushing from schedule to schedule. They had a live-recording session with their SM sunbae, Ryeowook that had them excited.  They were behaving like 12

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter