A Beginning

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was getting a little chilly even though it was still technically summer.  Jung Eunji pulled her black bomber jacket closer to her as she made her way towards her meeting with her manager, for the day, in tow.  Her manager had both her hands full with bags filled with presents in all shapes and sizes and prettily-designed cards from her fans.  Eunji love her fans just as much as they love her.  She was always truly delighted when she sees them.  To her, they were like her extended family and were her constant source of energy.  When she felt drained, one smile from her fan was all it took to perk her right up so she always felt privileged to be with them.  She understood that fans could get possessive and a fandom as a whole could very well inflict serious hurt onto someone they didn't like.  She figured this must be what was happening to Naeun.  Although Naeun hadn't make a big deal out of it but Eunji knew that the hurt probably cut deeper than she would let on.  She sighed to herself, prompting a puzzling look from her manager. 

 

"Why?" Her manager cocked an eyebrow at her.

 

Eunji could only smiled in reply.  Just as she was about to walk through the huge front doors, someone had sneaked up beside her.  She turned in surprise to see a pretty face smiling at her.

 

 "Hyosung Eonnie!" She exploded.

 

Jun Hyosung, a member of the girl group, Secret, was standing in her heels, tight skinny jeans and a blowy white blouse, looking every bit the y queen that she is was smiling fondly at her.

 

"Eunji-ya! It's been a while."

 

"Eonnie! How are you? It has been a while! What are you doing here?" 

 

Hyosung gave a small laugh at Eunji's cute response and hooked her arm through Eunji's, pulling her through the doors.  

 

"I have a drama production meeting at level 16, you?"  Hyosung replied without breaking her stride.

 

"Level 9."  

 

"Oh, I heard you're going to voice-over an animation movie or something, right?"

 

"Yes. It's a first for me so I'm not too sure if I'd do a good job."

 

"Don't worry. You have always done well.  I believe you will do well for this too."  

 

Hyosung squeezed Eunji's hand warmly.  Eunji flashed a grateful smile as they reached the elevator lobby.  They had to take separate elevators as the elevators served different floors.  Hyosung turned to look at Eunji as if she was remembering something.  

 

Eyes twinkling, she started: "Wait, I heard..."

 

And at that exact mome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter