The Preparation

The Perfect Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eonnie!"

 

Park Chorong, heard a voice she'd recognised even in her sleep called out in the middle of a hustling and bustling crowd at the backstage of their Music Bank rehearsal.  She saw their youngest manager making his way towards them with someone in tow and had to jump while swinging her hands in the air wildly to catch their attention.

 

"Eunji ya! Here! Quickly!" She shouted.

 

Their manager reached Chorong and pulled Eunji forward, breathing hard.  

 

"We made it in time right?" Eunji asked while taking in quick breaths.

 

"Yes. Just in time. We'll be next." Chorong pat Eunji on her back with a smile.

 

A figure sauntered over in an air of mischief.  The group's funny girl Yoon Bomi came up beside them and put an arm around Eunji with a smile.

 

"Sugohae! our Eunji!" 

 

Eunji gave her a wide smile asking in a familiar and cheeky tone, "Ya! Miss me much?"

 

"But of course!"

 

Bomi answered with a dramatic expression to which Chorong promptly rolled her eyes as she shook her head.  One of the producers gestured for them to put on their earpiece and to be on standby.  When he gave them the go sign, they went up on stage in a single file to begin their rehearsal.

 

On the opposite side of the backstage of the Music Bank rehearsal stood a bunch of roudy boys.  Each trying to out-talk or rather, out-shout one another, depending on who was defining the term talk, effectively contributing to the ear-splitting noise at the backstage.

 

"You didn't say that!  You said you weren't going to eat that and then you went ahead and ate it anyway!"

 

A voice could be heard saying but before the other person could reply, the music up front on the stage had already started playing.  Suho looked up the moment he heard the music...then the voices...

 

"Seulpo Hajima, No No No...".

 

From where they were standing, they couldn't really see clearly but he could make out that one voice.  He stood there listening to their rehearsal.  It was really catchy.  He started humming with it when another boy came over by his side.  He turned and saw that it was one of his group's main vocals -- Baekhyun who had apparently escaped from the ongoing argument about who took whose food.  Baekhyun marvelled at a voice.

"Hey whoa! That's a really nice voice! Whose is that?"

 

"Jung Eunji ssi" Suho answered in a heartbeat.

 

Baekhyun looked a little surprised.

 

"Hyeong.  Since when have you started following girl groups?"  

 

Suho was dumbfounded but was quick to defend, "I follow all trendy groups and oh, isn't she the main vocal for Apink?  It should be her then right?"

 

Baekhyun only nodded, not looking too concern with his utter certainty that that voice belonged to Jung Eunji ssi.  The song soon ended and the girls in casual t-shirts, slacks and shorts could be seen coming off the stage, joining the already crowded backstage.  Suho found himself searching for a familiar, somewhat average looking figure among a sea of casually well-dressed, immaculately well groomed and well...beautiful celebrities and stars.  He wasn't completely conscious of what he was doing but somehow, his eyes had been following the girls who had just joined the backstage.  And he found her easily.  That simple and sincere wide smile was anything but average.  He wanted to thank her for the other day but as they walked past bowing and smiling, he just stood there.  Well...he did bow in response but he did nothing else.  All he could do was stare as they made their way through the crowd and left the backstage.  And immediately, he regretted his inaction.  He could've easily gone over to say thanks and get it over with.  He couldn't understand why he didn't.  A tall figure walked over to stand beside him.

 

"Hyeong.  What are you staring at?"

 

The way the figure stood -- relaxed and unperturbed by the chaos could only be Kim Jong-in or Kai as he was known in EXO.  

 

"Nothing really. Oh, we need to get to the meeting with the We Got Married production team. We have to be at MBC

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter