Chapter 9

The Sweetest Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months later, Da-hee and Golden Child members decided to walk around. They are eating at a restaurant. The boys eat the food and Da-hee eats as well. She looks  at her left and saw Sunyoul eating with So-hee. She watches them being awkward and Sunyoul made eye contact with Da-hee. He smiles and Da-hee looks at her food. She eats peacefully and Sunyoul frowns. So-hee looks at him and asked, “Why do you keep looking at that girl?”

Sunyoul looks at So-hee and replied, “She used to be my girlfriend. She is way more nicer than you.”

“Don’t tell me you’re going back to her. I oppose the decision!” So-hee slams her chopsticks and stands. Sunyoul stares at her blankly and So-hee asked, “What did I ever done wrong?”

Sunyoul stands and puts on his white coat. He said, “I want to break up with you. I don’t want a selfish girl like you.”

Sunyoul leaves the restaurant and Da-hee sheds a tear. So-hee scowls at Da-hee and approaches her. She pulls her hair and Da-hee stands. She kicks her and asked, “What’s got into you?”

So-hee stands and slaps her hard. Da-hee asked, “Why do you blame me for what you had done?”

“You made my life worse! You wrecked my love life!” It’s Da-hee’s turn to slap So-hee and Sungyoon stands. He holds her hand and said, “Monkey, let’s leave.”

“Let me settle her.” Da-hee drags So-hee out from the restaurant and So-hee pushes her. Da-hee falls and So-hee chokes her. Da-hee chokes her back and Sungyoon walks out to separate them. He pushes So-hee and helps Da-hee up. He hugs her and said, “Erythrina glauca, If you dare bother my Monkey, I will kill you.”

So-hee huffs and walks away. Da-hee sighs in relief and Sungyoon asked, “Are you okay?”

Da-hee nods and replied, “I’ll pay and we’ll go back to the apartment.”

So-hee gets into a red car and slams the door. Her mother looks at her and asked, “Are you okay sweetie?”

“I’m fine,” So-hee replied in a harsh tone. So-hee’s mother, Mrs. Kim, sighs and drives back to their house. So-hee stares at the window and- “Why is my baby girl sad?”

“It’s nothing, mommy,” So-hee replied. Mrs. Kim nods and said, “Tomorrow Da-hee will be coming to our home. Aren’t you excited? It’s been a while since she last visited us.”

“Mommy, why did you invite her?” So-hee asked, feeling annoyed. Mrs. Kim roll her eyes and replied, “Da-hee is a nice girl. Besides, Sarah is excited about it.”

“Because they are best friends. It is so obviously that she is excited.” Mrs. Kim sighs and said, “You should learn how to accept Da-hee. She didn’t do anything wrong to us.”

“I hate her so much. I don’t even want to see her face again,” So-hee replied. Mrs. Kim huffs and said, “I don’t care. Tomorrow, you need to stay home and don’t go anywhere.”

“But why- It’s confirmed. That’s final.” So-hee sighs heavily and mumbles, “Now I want her to die.”

Nighttime, Da-hee is cooking chicken chop at the kitchen. Sungyoon decided to stay next door to avoid getting caught by X. Da-hee take two glass plates and put the food there to be served. She turns around and gasps in shock, before laughing awkwardly. X smiles and helps her with the food. They walk to the dining room and sit. Da-hee asked, “Why did you save me?”

“It’s better to eat first, miss,” X replied and starts eating the food. Da-hee nods and sighs heavily. She eats the food and silence occupies the space. Da-hee looks at him and thinks a lot of stuff.

“What if he kills me? I don’t want to get killed. He looks nice to me, and he doesn’t look like a killer at all,” Da-hee thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter