Friends

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t you get it? I wanted you to acknowledge that there’s something happened between us, that there’s something between us. That even though you still haven’t forgiven me for the things I’ve done, I had been able to touch you, to feel you.”

The face of an upset Tiffany still lingered on my mind. It’s already been a week and I still can't get rid some thoughts of her no matter what I do.

I am starting to think that maybe my guilt is taking its toll on me, that I've been too harsh on her. But then I realized that my guilt and conscience aren't the case. It's about the way I behave towards her. I've been too straightforward and cold.

My original plan was to make her fall into my trap. I can't let my plan backfire on me. This isn't supposed to be happening. I should let Tiffany think that I am in terms of forgiving her and I am fine with starting all over again with her.

I stand up from my seat and walked my way to the door. As soon as I opened the door, I see Seulgi sorting out documents on her desk. I cleared my throat and asked her, "Seulgi, is Miss Hwang inside her office?"

Seulgi temporarily stopped from what she's doing and answered my question politely. "Yes, Miss Kim. Do you want me to call her for you?"

"Ah, no. It's fine. I'm sorry for disturbing you, Seul." I smiled apologetically to my secretary and let her get back to her work.

I closed the door and slumped on the couch. I grasped my phone out of my pocket pants and stared at it. I am thinking whether I should ask Jessica for some advice or not. But when I was about to dial her number, another memory of my recent confrontation with Tiffany played into my mind.

"You've been telling Jessica about what happened to us and yet you act in front of me like nothing happened."

Damn it. I cursed and shove my phone to the wide space next to me. I arched my head up and closed my eyes for a moment. But even when my eyes closed, I can't still get her off of my mind. I opened my eyes and heaved a long sigh.

You can do it, Taeyeon. Just ing do it. I encouraged myself and stands up from the couch. I walked my way out of my office and barged in to the room next to me.

The moment I entered her office, I made sure to lock the door and the blinds are fully closed in.

Tiffany stands up from her seat the moment she sees me. "Tae, what are you do---"

I quickly walked my way to her and silenced her by pressing my lips against her. I am kissing Tiffany hungrily, like my life depends on it. And I feel her resisting my kiss, but I pulled her closer to me and deepened our kiss.

I mentally smiled as she finally gives in, as I succeeded on invading her space. Tiffany partly parted her lips, enough to make my tongue slide inside .

I hear her moan softly as my tongue move against hers. One of my hands already settling on her chest. I feel her arms snaking around my shoulders.

Before our making out session could escalate into something more, the doorknob made a sound and there was knocking at the door.

Tiffany and I pulled away and looked at each other's eyes, thinking on who might be that person who ruined our intense moment.

"Miss Hwang, are you in there?" A male voice asked.

I could see in Tiffany's face that she isn't familiar with the voice so I muttered, "Baekhyun."

Tiffany looked at me with her brow raised, but she didn't say anything and fixed her rumpled blouse and skirt. She shifted her gaze to the door and started to walk her way there.

She was about to unlock it when I hold her wrist and stopped her. I look at her warily and frantically whispered, "What are you doing?! What if he sees us?"

Tiffany just smiled at me and placed a chaste kiss on my lips. She caressed my cheek and casually said, "Just take a seat across the table. I'm reviewing some companies' financial backgrounds. Kindly check them for me."

I creased my eyebrows as I try to read Tiffany's mind. When I finally get what she's trying to do, I fixed the collar of my blouse and made sure that everything seemed normal. I walked back where her table is and sit on the seat across her office chair, pretending to read the documents as I was instructed.

I heard the door clicked open and let my ears active to listen on whatever Baekhyun and Tiffany will talk about."

"Hi. How can I help you?" Tiffany cheerfully said, but I swear that there's annoyance behind that voice.

"Uh, I'm sorry for coming here unnoticed. Seulgi just told me that she saw Taeyeon sunbaenim awhile ago entering your room. Is she still here?" Baekhyun asked her hopefully.

"Uh, yes. We're doing something important until you interrupted." Tiffany said coldly and continued, "She's helping me with some reports. So, what is it?"

I almost laughed when Baekhyun just disregarded Tiffany and talked to me, "Taeyeon sunbaenim, did you already have lunch? Chanyeol said there's a new restaurant nearby. They serve your favorite food there."

I looked up and see the both of them now staring at me, both with hopeful eyes. I smiled to the both of them and disclosed my answer. "I'm sorry, Baek. I already have a lunch appointment with a friend. Tell Chanyeol that I'll join you some other time."

"Ah. I see. Maybe next time." Baekhyun said with a sad smile and bowed at Tiffany. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, Miss Hwang. Have a nice day."

Right after Baekhyun left the room, I put down the folder in my hand and stands up from my seat. I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter