Surprise

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a one hot afternoon when Hyoyeon organized a lunch meeting with everyone since her husband, Taemin, is currently busy with their now famous dance school for promising youth.

 

Everyone except Taeyeon has already arrived at the restaurant.

 

As expected, Jessica and Yuri arrived together. Sooyoung on the other hand, came alone since her boyfriend has an urgent meeting to attend.

 

It’s been a long time since all of them gathered in one place. Although they see each other at some events, hanging out with friends is still different.

 

The four of them exchanged updates with their lives, their businesses. They also started gossiping and sharing opinions about the recent events happening in their country. They exchanged some heated arguments, but in the end they all agreed that most men are trash for shamelessly doing immoral deeds.

 

Since they have nothing else to talk about, Yuri opened the topic about their friend who is running late. “Aren’t you worried that Taeyeon’s acting normal since Tiffany left?”

 

Hyoyeon made a sigh and continued the conversation. “Yeah. She should be at least be questioning us if we had any idea about Tiffany’s whereabouts.”

 

“What really happened after she went to your office, Sica-yah?” Yuri asked in a worried voice since she already had the idea of what happened that day.

 

She never had the courage to ask her girlfriend about this knowing that she’ll be immediately dismissed. But since she’s with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, she Yuri grabbed the opportunity to ask that question that has been bugging her for exactly three years.

 

Jessica just shakes her head and frowned. In all honesty she said, “I have no idea just like you guys. Taeyeon just went to my house and cried her heart out.”

 

“I remember that she went gone for a month. And she came back like nothing happened.” Yuri pointed out and started eating her kimchi.

 

“Don’t you think that she went to see Tiffany?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Sooyoung hummed and shook her head. She started to put the beef in and began chewing it. She wondered why the others aren’t talking anymore, then she realized that everyone’s waiting for her explanation.

 

She swallowed the meat and drank her water. Then she made her reply. “I don’t think so. Taeyeon came back as the CFO of Kim Corporation.”

 

Yuri nodded in agreement and said, “That surprised me, you know. Didn’t know that Taeyeon is actually Erika Kim, the heiress to Kim Corporation.”

 

“You shouldn’t be surprised having another chaebol friend since you are close to Hwang Empire’s daughter.” Jessica casually said and started fiddling with her piece of meat with her chopsticks.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and stole the piece of meat that Jessica is playing and eats it. She looks at Jessica and said, “You’re saying that because you’re a Jung.”

 

Jessica raised her eyebrow and challengingly said, “And what about that?”

 

Hyoyeon came in between the two and warned them. “Hey. Stop it. Taeyeon’s coming.”

 

They started acting normal when they see Taeyeon entering the restaurant, and casually eat their meals.

 

“Sorry. Got caught up in work.” Taeyeon greeted as she takes her seat down next to Sooyoung.

 

She looks at everyone who were oddly silent and asked, “So what did I miss?”

 

“Nothing.” Yuri said silently.

 

“They were gossiping about you.” Hyoyeon disclosed.

 

“Oh.” She curtly said and grabbed her chopsticks, starting to join them eating casually as if being gossiped about is not a big deal for her.

 

Sooyoung who’s usually a glutton stopped from eating and looked at Taeyeon. “Taeng. Are you really okay?”

 

“I am.” She said after slurping her soup.

 

“It doesn’t seem like you.” Yuri frowned.

 

Taeyeon made a puzzled expression and snorted. “What do you mean?”

 

“It’s been 3 years since Tiffany left.” Hyoyeon reminded.

 

She raised her brow and paused for a short second. They all thought that Taeyeon’s finally going to open up but alas, she continued acting nor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter